Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clutch

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

Clutch Empty
PostSubject: Clutch   Clutch Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 9:27 pm

I did a search and couldn't find anything on these guys. I really like their stuff, particularly after Neil Fallon started actually singing instead of speak/rapping like he did on their first couple of albums, and I even like a couple of tunes from that era, like "Spacegrass" and the somewhat ironic "Rock and Roll Outlaw." I like everything from "Elephant Riders" on. Great metal-tinged hard rock groove stuff, with a good bluesy guitar and surreal, yet intelligent lyrics.

Any other opinions? Yeah, I know everyone has an opinion!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Clutch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch   Clutch Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 10:31 pm

The only Clutch I have is their most recent (FROM BEALE ST. TO OBLIVION)... pretty good hard rockin' stuff. Not my usual kinda meat but it was sent to me free so I can't complain too much. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Clutch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch   Clutch Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 10:33 pm

I've got a ticket to see them on Oct 4th, not familiar with them at all...but the opening acts are The Sword & Graveyard.

I'll definitely be sticking around for their set though, sometimes I think it's better to see a band live first.
Back to top Go down

Clutch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch   Clutch Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 10:52 pm

Man, Clutch is awesome! They're a favorite of mine. I definitely like their later stuff more, though. They began to hit their stride with Pure Rock Fury, and after that everything is just gold. But I love the debut as well. The self-titled is their weakest, in my opinion; it was clear they were having a bit of an identity crisis at that point, straddling the line between the more stoner rock, bluesy stuff and the heavier, angrier stuff from the first album and demos and whatnot. Awesome band, though.

They need to cover a ZZ Top song, too!
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Clutch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch   Clutch Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 2:34 am

I mean i'm stating the obvious really but Clutch have been the most consistantly brilliant Hard Rock/Heavy Metal band of the last 10-15 years. As easy as that.

I've seen them live twice and no doubt they bring it!
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

Clutch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch   Clutch Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 8:53 am

Clutch is in my top 3 of all time, like their older stuff a little more than the new, but it is all pure brilliance to me.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Clutch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch   Clutch Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:55 am

A guy at work gave me a copy of the latest Sword album. To fill up the cdr, he threw some Clutch on there. Based on the the 8 or 9 songs I've heard, I wasn't all that impressed and I doubt I'd go looking for any of their other material.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Clutch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch   Clutch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clutch
Page 1 of 1