Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Coheed & Cambria

Go down 
+15
Louder
EvyMetal
novellahub
mez
MetalRob331
TheGooch
Thrasher73
kmorg
Smindas
caniplaywithmadness?
the sentinel
GrandNational
Shiney
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
novellahub
Metal student
Metal student
novellahub

Number of posts : 163

Coheed & Cambria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coheed & Cambria   Coheed & Cambria - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 1:48 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Well I can now say without hesitation that I am addicted to this band. Their latest "No World for Tomorrow" and "Good Apollo...Vol. 1" have been given non-stop play by myself in the past few months. I don't understand the "emo" tag some give this band. To me they are just a progressive rock band. The Rush-clone tag is also inappropriate, although there are some similarities, especially in the vocals. However, musically, I hear little in common. Indeed, C&C do have a modern rock vibe at times, but they also incorporate a lot of classic rock and metal elements that keep them from being a "modern rock" band. Skillful solos, melodic song writing, memorable vocal melodies and choruses. I don't see what's not to like if you enjoy good progressive rock.

Ditto for me as well. I have their last two albums and sort of getting their discography in reverse. The only thing I don't like is they are touring right now with Linkin Park. I can't stand NuMetal/Rapcore.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rchobbyhub.com

PostSubject: Re: Coheed & Cambria   Coheed & Cambria - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 1:53 pm

We listened to one of their discs in my Principles of Design class and I didn't quite get it. But it wasn't terrible, it just wasn't for me.
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: Coheed & Cambria   Coheed & Cambria - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 5:12 pm

I bought 'I Keeping the Secrets of Silent Earh 3' and 'Good Apollo I'm Burning Star Vol. 1' as a double package after reading your reviews on the nolifetilmetal page. While I disagree with the Geddy comparisons I liked the discs a lot. I certainly hear the emo/post-hardcore vibe but they're much better than most bands in that field.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coheed & Cambria   Coheed & Cambria - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coheed & Cambria
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3