Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Coheed & Cambria

Go down 
+15
Louder
EvyMetal
novellahub
mez
MetalRob331
TheGooch
Thrasher73
kmorg
Smindas
caniplaywithmadness?
the sentinel
GrandNational
Shiney
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Coheed & Cambria - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coheed & Cambria   Coheed & Cambria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 5:38 pm

"Good Apollo...." is the cd that has much more "metal" influences as far as sound.....to me anyway....

I thought you'd like them though.....not quite metal....almost...a little....but a cool band.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Coheed & Cambria   Coheed & Cambria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 1:46 pm

Their latest cd "No World For Tomorrow" is fantastic!!!!!

Seriously...some of the guitar solos made me soil myself....a little...

PostSubject: Re: Coheed & Cambria   Coheed & Cambria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 2:38 pm

Man, I was listening to clips of this album and the dude sounds like Michael Jackson!

Dirty Diana KO1
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Coheed & Cambria   Coheed & Cambria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 2:40 pm

I ordered the single disc version of this. It hasn't arrived yet. I really like this band.

nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Coheed & Cambria   Coheed & Cambria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 4:09 pm

i have one album dont ask which one the titles got ten words or summat in it and its good but weird but has some good riffs but not a fave of mine
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coheed & Cambria   Coheed & Cambria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 8:28 pm

I've heard these guys called 'progressive punk'. Whatever. They have a major alternative vibe. Not a bad thing.

For some reason, I never really could get into them. Then again, I'm not a big 'prog' person by any means.

About as prog as I get is Rush or Dream Theater. Can't stand most of what is considered prog though.

I could see why people like C&C, just not my bag.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Coheed & Cambria   Coheed & Cambria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 8:30 pm

this band has lots of potential and i think all the pieces are there they just need to put them together.

Read some reviews on the new disc supposed to be a lot heavier lets hope
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coheed & Cambria   Coheed & Cambria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 3:02 am

I think I would love this band, if I could get past the vocals. Kind of like Rush, I hate Geddy Lee's vocals for some reason.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coheed & Cambria   Coheed & Cambria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 11:46 am

Eyesore wrote:
I think I would love this band, if I could get past the vocals. Kind of like Rush, I hate Geddy Lee's vocals for some reason.

That's actually my biggest gripe too. The vox just annoy me. Musically speaking - they are good and I'd probably get into them.

Now on the other hand I love Geddy Lee's voice. It's 100x better than this C&C guy though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coheed & Cambria   Coheed & Cambria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 6:53 pm

This is another of those "Hot Topic" bands of the month.

Not that it's a bad thing ... but I'd take HIM 100x over this stuff ... any day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coheed & Cambria   Coheed & Cambria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 8:18 pm

blackieboy wrote:
Now on the other hand I love Geddy Lee's voice. It's 100x better than this C&C guy though.
I'd agree. I still don't like Lee, though. And it's funny because I listen to a lot of singers who're very much like Geddy Lee. Something tells me my aversion to them may have more to do with the fact that their style of music simply wasn't my thing back I gave them a chance, so I'm picking on my least favorite aspect of it at the time, the voice.

I should probably give them another try. Of course, what happens if I like it now? Then I have way too many CDs to buy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coheed & Cambria   Coheed & Cambria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 1:28 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Coheed & Cambria   Coheed & Cambria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 7:43 am

Since this subject keeps coming up, I will check out some of the samples from the two last albums. I love Progessive Rock and people claim these guys wax it, but the vocals drive me insane. I am curious to see if I can get past them or not.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Coheed & Cambria   Coheed & Cambria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 11:08 pm

I really like this band.The vocals are what drew me in.I really like odd vocals.Need to pick up their new one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coheed & Cambria   Coheed & Cambria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 1:05 am

I normally like odd vocals too. Perhaps one day these will grow on me. In all fairness, I've never owned any of their stuff. Just heard them on VH1. VH1 plays them ALLL the freekin' time. So I'm familiar that way.
Back to top Go down
novellahub
Metal student
Metal student
novellahub

Number of posts : 163

PostSubject: Re: Coheed & Cambria   Coheed & Cambria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 9:14 am

I recently picked up "No World For Tomorrow" and I can't stop playing it! It is my first Coheed and Cambria album. After seeing a clip of "Welcome Home" on Youtube, I am going to be picking up the "From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness" album next. I actually like the vocals.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rchobbyhub.com

PostSubject: Re: Coheed & Cambria   Coheed & Cambria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 11:57 am

I'm willing to give these guys a fresh chance. I've not heard their new one yet. Are there any samples anywhere?
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Coheed & Cambria   Coheed & Cambria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 2:49 pm

i have read that they have been labeled emo. i like this band and have liked em since the beginning, id put them more along the lines of progressive. Also, Claudio is a smart muthaf..; creating the storylines and the comic books behind it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coheed & Cambria   Coheed & Cambria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 6:55 pm

Yeah, the stuff I heard had an 'emo' sound. I don't care what stuff is labeled though - I just like what I like.

There are actually a few emo bands I really like anyway (Jimmy Eat World for starters).
Back to top Go down
novellahub
Metal student
Metal student
novellahub

Number of posts : 163

PostSubject: Re: Coheed & Cambria   Coheed & Cambria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 8:22 am

blackieboy wrote:
I'm willing to give these guys a fresh chance. I've not heard their new one yet. Are there any samples anywhere?

Go to their website:

http://www.coheedandcambria.com

They play samples from their new album in a small player window.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rchobbyhub.com
Louder
Metal student
Metal student
Louder

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Coheed & Cambria   Coheed & Cambria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 9:13 am

Eyesore wrote:
Man, I was listening to clips of this album and the dude sounds like Michael Jackson!

Dirty Diana KO1
This is exactly what I thought when I first heard them. I like it. I just hope they don't sleep with little boys.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Coheed & Cambria   Coheed & Cambria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 9:49 am

The song they have in the mini player diden't do anything for me.

I listened to some of the songs on MySpace, I don't like the production.

I don't feel the vocals fit the music either. I'll pass.
Back to top Go down
Jedilink
Metal student
Metal student
Jedilink

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Coheed & Cambria   Coheed & Cambria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 2:00 am

I'm sorry. I saw this ONE video of theirs where the music wasn't too bad but that singer drives me insane. I've checked out many of their songs as well and he just is always super high pitched and I just can't stand it. He just sounds too whiney to me. I mean there's a difference between high pitched (Wayne in Metal Church) and just whiney sounding...like this guy. I don't have anything against the guy but his voice turns me off in half a second. I mean Geddy Lee sounded a LOT better in my opinion.

Yeah, the Coheed dude is just way to girly sounding and whiney for me. I mean he isn't a totally sucky singer. His voicecan hit the notes just fine and isn't straining or anything but he just...yeah. I just really can't hear this guy blasting over my car stereo...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jedilink
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Coheed & Cambria   Coheed & Cambria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 11:27 am

Well I can now say without hesitation that I am addicted to this band. Their latest "No World for Tomorrow" and "Good Apollo...Vol. 1" have been given non-stop play by myself in the past few months. I don't understand the "emo" tag some give this band. To me they are just a progressive rock band. The Rush-clone tag is also inappropriate, although there are some similarities, especially in the vocals. However, musically, I hear little in common. Indeed, C&C do have a modern rock vibe at times, but they also incorporate a lot of classic rock and metal elements that keep them from being a "modern rock" band. Skillful solos, melodic song writing, memorable vocal melodies and choruses. I don't see what's not to like if you enjoy good progressive rock.

Metal student
Metal student
Angelcake Adonisus Fox

Number of posts : 162

PostSubject: Re: Coheed & Cambria   Coheed & Cambria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 12:18 pm

I love these guys. I have a big thing for bands with high concepts and their own personal mythologies (bands like Judas Priest and Rhapsody do the same thing).

Claudio Sanchez is both a talented musician and a magnificent storyteller. Granted, the lyrics can be a tad obscure at first, but once it all comes together it's just wonderful.

I have No World For Tomorrow, the delux edition (with the DVD and booklet). It's got a bunch of neat interior art by Ken Kelly. Very awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coheed & Cambria   Coheed & Cambria - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coheed & Cambria
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next