Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Surprising poll

Go down 
+23
arachnoplasma
krokus
manny
jettafiend
akeldama
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
chewie
325ad
tohostudios
mc666
DallasBlack
thejokeriv
Shawn Of Fire
ultmetal
QuothTheRaven
Fat Freddy
Nico
Troublezone
Spiner202
exact33
Wurthless
kmorg
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

Surprising poll - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising poll   Surprising poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 9:27 pm

Well, that sucks you can just keep refreshing it and voting again and again. Pretty pointless.

Anyway I'd already voted Powerslave, aka My Favorite Album Ever, aka The Album That Inspired Me to Pick Up a Guitar and Years Later I Still Suck, and other silly but factual pet names I've given it over the years. When I was a kid I spent hours listening to Powerslave and Live After Death back to back locked in my own little world. Between Iron Maiden, Monty Python, re-runs of Red Dwarf and old Hammer horror movies starring Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing, I spent a good portion of my childhood resenting the fact that I was not born in England. Sad, but true. Laughing

Second choice would be Defenders of the Faith. Maybe Ride the Lightning for the riffs alone.

Non-metal, SRV and Husker Du.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Surprising poll   Surprising poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 9:51 pm

I voted for Powerslave, though it's not my favorite album of 1984, the guitar playing is spectacular.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Surprising poll   Surprising poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 10:04 pm

DeathCult wrote:
I voted for Powerslave, though it's not my favorite album of 1984, the guitar playing is spectacular.

headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Surprising poll   Surprising poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 12:15 am

I'm a huge Stryper fan, soooo....

I voted for Malmsteen, then Iron Maiden. Will vote again a little later, too Razz Those two albums were pretty stellar, and whilst the YABA revolutionised Christian music, Malmsteen pioneered a new way of playing.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Surprising poll   Surprising poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 11:16 am

I went with Malmsteen because I remember when I first heard that Rising Force album..... It just BLEW me AWAY.... period.....

I'd never heard anyone play like that and even tho I love so many of the albums on that list (Powerslave, Grace Under Pressure, The Yellow and Black Attack ect).... There really wasn't any comparison in my book.....

That record just stood me upside down.... How did ANYONE play like that.... ?????

These days its passe I realize but in 1984????

Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Surprising poll   Surprising poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 11:22 am

Tipton can definitely outplay Michael Sweet, but Sweet is underrated as a guitarist.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Surprising poll   Surprising poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 11:33 pm

Michael Sweet is above average on guitar and a great singer at the same time... that is worth more in my book that just being a great guitarist alone.

There's a lot of people that can play guitar and sing at the same time. Mustaine, Hetfield etc... But not many that can "really sing" and play proficiently on guitar at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Surprising poll   Surprising poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 2:23 pm

Troublezone wrote:
There's a lot of people that can play guitar and sing at the same time. Mustaine, Hetfield etc... But not many that can "really sing" and play proficiently on guitar at the same time.

Very true. That is why I will never play guitar live with my band again. I can't do both simultaneously at 100%. Something always suffered when we did this.

Even Michael Sweet plays simple chord progressions when it is time for him to sing. You don't hear him singing over something like the riffs in "Holy Wars".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Surprising poll   Surprising poll - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Surprising poll
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3