Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Veil Brides-Surprising

Go down 
+17
DallasBlack
JBall_Z
SpectreFate
Orion Crystal Ice
Gilbert
deathisgain
stepcousin
ShadowAngel
metalhead777
Lurideath
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
manny
tohostudios
Wurthless
James B.
Dark Horseman
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Black Veil Brides-Surprising Empty
PostSubject: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 9:09 pm

Happened to listen to them in the store, new album, and it was described Crue influenced glam. I can hear it, a modern take on it anyways. Anyone have this?
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 9:13 pm

a clip would be nice.....sometimes going to YouTube is a drag. My 16 year old nephew is into these guys. All he tells me is they are not scream-o and don't sing the usual "I wanna cut myself" emo stuff.

Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 9:26 pm

A lot of the "scene" girls at my school like this band, so I've never given them a chance. I don't particularly care for their image either.

Black Veil Brides-Surprising M2zUDZz
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 9:32 pm

Somebody needs to check out the Now Playing thread:
http://www.heartofmetal.net/post?p=540739&mode=quote

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 9:38 pm

I bir and went to YouTube.....don't know how current this is ? Sounds like Lincoln Park to me.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 9:42 pm

Have you heard Lincoln Park lately? Blech. This is at least listenable to me, won't make a top 10 but it's decent.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 9:46 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Have you heard Lincoln Park lately? Blech. This is at least listenable to me, won't make a top 10 but it's decent.

I don't really listen to Lincoln Park. Seems the singer is similar to the little I've heard. That was my initial listen to what they bring to the table and don't really have an opinion (believe it or not) Laughing very hard

The image isn't gonna reflect on my opinion either. Marketing is make or break in today's music world and good music is hard to find in mainstream bands.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 9:51 pm

I hear you. I think because of the image I thought they'd be some screamo band.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 9:51 pm

I found out about this band about a week ago and I have to say I'm impressed.
In this album I hear everything from metalcore (Avenged Sevenfold) to pop/punk (The Wildhearts) to symphonic metal (Therion).
Musically I find this latest BVB album to be all over the place (and it's a concept album to boot, which I haven't even begun to try to figure out). What I find amazing is that all these different elements seem to gel pretty well into a cohesive sound that I still find memorable.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 10:03 pm

good songwriting is well, good songwriting. Image and style don't really matter if a band can pull it off. A dying artform in a mainstream band. I guess these guys are popular. I see alot of thier brand everywhere I go......and I live in rural Montana.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 6:06 am

I actually like these guys, not the greatest band in the world, but good at what they do. As toho mentioned a mixture of different styles of metal/hard rock and their look certainly pays homage to those lads in Motley Crue.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 8:58 am

manny wrote:
I actually like these guys, not the greatest band in the world, but good at what they do. As toho mentioned a mixture of different styles of metal/hard rock and their look certainly pays homage to those lads in Motley Crue.

My first impression was that were the b*stard offspring of Nikki Sixx. The little Ive heard from them wasn't terrible, but it didn't interest me enough to warrant further investigation.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 10:50 am

A guy at work loaned me one of this band's CDs a while ago. I didn't hate it, but it didn't blow my doors off either. I fail to see what all the whoop-de-doo's about.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 11:11 am

James B. wrote:
I bir and went to YouTube.....don't know how current this is ? Sounds like Lincoln Park to me.

Now that song isn't half bad. But watching the video, it's almost as if their glam/sleaze rock image doesn't quite match their modern rock/Nickelback-like sound. Weird.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 12:22 pm

This band is terrible!!! hahahaha
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 4:59 pm

Friends with an Emo scene girl who loves them. The typical "their lyrics are so deep and speak to me" thing that angsty teenage girls love.
Meh.
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 7:00 pm

Saw them live at the Sweden Rock Festival in 2011 and we had a good laugh. Horrible posers and live even worse than in the studio. They look like Poison and sound like shit yet think they are credible rockers lol!

metalhead777 wrote:
Friends with an Emo scene girl who loves them. The typical "their lyrics are so deep and speak to me" thing that angsty teenage girls love.
Meh.

Yes, they are very popular with teenagers and the emo crowd as far as i can tell.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

ShadowAngel wrote:
Saw them live at the Sweden Rock Festival in 2011 and we had a good laugh. Horrible posers and live even worse than in the studio. They look like Poison and sound like shit yet think they are credible rockers lol!

metalhead777 wrote:
Meh.

Yes, they are very popular with teenagers and the emo crowd as far as i can tell.
Well as usual I don't give a rat's ass what anyone else thinks but I find their newest one to be an enjoyable listen.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 7:20 pm

my kids played me some songs by these guys. wasn't horrible, much more tolerable than most of what I've heard from this genre.
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 8:06 pm

My daughter is in to them, so I checked them out. They started as a typical scream-o band. But their second was a change. I wouldn't say that they are like the Crue musically, but they have ripped their "Shout At the Devil" style wise.

You can't listen to "Legacy" and tell me it is not straight up metal.

"Fallen Angels" has some Crue moments
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 10:27 pm

I really like that Fallen Angels song.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 10:30 pm

I know it's cool to hate on this band, but I checked out those videos that were posted, and I didn't hate it. "The Legacy" isn't half bad, actually.

I still think their image is stupid, though. Really doesn't fit their sound.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 2:33 am

I own one album, just because of the song "fallen angels", which i enjoy a lot.

Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 10:46 am

The backstreet boys of wannabe glam. Girly bands crack me up!
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 10:56 am

Yuck, not seeing why this band has to be an amalgam of glam, hard rock, plus anything and everything which is new, modern, and dopey. Wait... yes I do... $$$$$$
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Veil Brides-Surprising   Black Veil Brides-Surprising Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Veil Brides-Surprising
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next