Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Songs that sound out of place on albums?

Go down 
+30
MEGATRON
ProgDoom
HamburgerBoy
jettafiend
Wayne
Nico
kmorg
metalinmyveins
shamgar75
arachnoplasma
Required Fields
exact33
metalhead777
Vexer6
Temple of Blood
GrandNational
thejokeriv
jstate
mlotek
MetalGuy71
manny
ultmetal
Leatherface
INVADERS
Tur-Thalion
Approval Guy
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
chewie
Hadley
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

Songs that sound out of place on albums? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound out of place on albums?   Songs that sound out of place on albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 7:20 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
manny wrote:
'He's Back (The Man behind the Mask' belonged on the cutting room floor not as the last song on 'Constrictor' by Alice.

Yeah, that song is horrible.
I quite enjoy that song actually.

For me, there's The Scorpions "Woman" on "Face The Heat" It's a slow blues-esque song on an otherwise heavy album, it just dosen't work.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound out of place on albums?   Songs that sound out of place on albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 7:48 pm

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound out of place on albums?   Songs that sound out of place on albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 7:58 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Speaking of Coop, that "bonus" track with Xhibit that they tacked on to the end of the Dirty Diamonds album is terrible and doesn't fit in with the rest of the album at all.

absolutely agree!

Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound out of place on albums?   Songs that sound out of place on albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 8:46 pm

Manilla Road - Feeling Free Again, off of their 1983 album Crystal Logic. Mark Shelton actually said the only reason he put it on there was because he thought it could get some airplay (it didn't).
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound out of place on albums?   Songs that sound out of place on albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 8:50 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
manny wrote:
'He's Back (The Man behind the Mask' belonged on the cutting room floor not as the last song on 'Constrictor' by Alice.

For me, there's The Scorpions "Woman" on "Face The Heat" It's a slow blues-esque song on an otherwise heavy album, it just dosen't work.

I enjoy that Alice song as well.

arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound out of place on albums?   Songs that sound out of place on albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 9:35 pm

exact33 wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
manny wrote:

I should probably feel a bit ashamed, but that was the song that turned me onto Alice Cooper when I was a kid because it was used in Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives, and I was a big fan of the movies growing up. I went out and bought Constrictor used a week later. Yeah, it's a corny tune, but nostalgia wins out this time. Razz Hey I was 12 years old...

Guess my choice would be "I Ain't Superstitious" on Megadeth's Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?. Never liked it, doesn't fit the tone of the rest of the album at all.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound out of place on albums?   Songs that sound out of place on albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 10:37 pm

arachnoplasma wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
manny wrote:

I should probably feel a bit ashamed, but that was the song that turned me onto Alice Cooper when I was a kid because it was used in Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives, and I was a big fan of the movies growing up. I went out and bought Constrictor used a week later. Yeah, it's a corny tune, but nostalgia wins out this time. Razz Hey I was 12 years old...

Guess my choice would be "I Ain't Superstitious" on Megadeth's Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?. Never liked it, doesn't fit the tone of the rest of the album at all.

I agree like the song and I know he did it as some sort of tribute to Jeff Beck, but wish he hadn't
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound out of place on albums?   Songs that sound out of place on albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 10:53 pm

This one is a little obscure, but how about Sailor's Farewell on Detritus's album IF BUT FOR ONE.

I know this is Ult's favorite song on this album ( Songs that sound out of place on albums? - Page 2 4782 )
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound out of place on albums?   Songs that sound out of place on albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 10:21 am

So Tired should have been left off of Bark At The Moon. I've always skipped that song(and still do). It doesn't help that it's between Centre Of Eternity and Slow Down, either.

Last edited by chewie on Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound out of place on albums?   Songs that sound out of place on albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 10:26 am

Has 'Unforgiven III' from Death Magnetic been mentioned yet? Not only was the song completely pointless and unnecessary, but it really seemed out of place on an otherwise uptempo album.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound out of place on albums?   Songs that sound out of place on albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 10:39 am

arachnoplasma wrote:

I agree completely. And I think "Anarchy in the UK" works similarly on So Far So Good So What
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound out of place on albums?   Songs that sound out of place on albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 10:46 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Has 'Unforgiven III' from Death Magnetic been mentioned yet? Not only was the song completely pointless and unnecessary, but it really seemed out of place on an otherwise uptempo album.

You forgot to mention the song sucked! I agree pointless and unnecessary, and I like the album aside from that one song.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound out of place on albums?   Songs that sound out of place on albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 11:06 am

manny wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

You forgot to mention the song sucked! I agree pointless and unnecessary, and I like the album aside from that one song.

I didn't think that part needed to be said Razz I think I only actually played it once or twice. I hit the skip button every time.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound out of place on albums?   Songs that sound out of place on albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 11:21 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
manny wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I didn't think that part needed to be said Razz I think I only actually played it once or twice. I hit the skip button every time.

I remember Lars saying years ago how the band had no interest in doing Master of Puppets II, but the Unforgiven II and for some reason Unforgiven III made sense?

I would also agree with I Ain't Superstitious. Then again, I was never a fan of "These Boots" and I was not a huge fan of "Anarchy in the U.K" (though it kicks the crap out of the Crue's version). Thank God, Dave finally abandoned the idea of doing cover songs when they released Rust In Peace.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound out of place on albums?   Songs that sound out of place on albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 11:28 am

arachnoplasma wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
manny wrote:

I should probably feel a bit ashamed, but that was the song that turned me onto Alice Cooper when I was a kid because it was used in Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives, and I was a big fan of the movies growing up. I went out and bought Constrictor used a week later. Yeah, it's a corny tune, but nostalgia wins out this time. Razz Hey I was 12 years old....

Nothing to be ashamed about! I have a smilar story. Very Happy I still like the song, and the movie!

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound out of place on albums?   Songs that sound out of place on albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 11:29 am

kmorg wrote:
arachnoplasma wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
manny wrote:

I should probably feel a bit ashamed, but that was the song that turned me onto Alice Cooper when I was a kid because it was used in Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives, and I was a big fan of the movies growing up. I went out and bought Constrictor used a week later. Yeah, it's a corny tune, but nostalgia wins out this time. Razz Hey I was 12 years old....

Nothing to be ashamed about! I have a smilar story. Very Happy I still like the song, and the movie!

I hate the song but if this song is what made you explore the world of Alice Cooper, then this is a good thing
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound out of place on albums?   Songs that sound out of place on albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 11:30 am

Tur-Thalion wrote:
arachnoplasma wrote:

I agree completely. And I think "Anarchy in the UK" works similarly on So Far So Good So What

I never minded either one of those actually, but I'm a fan-boy. Although in hindsight, 'I Ain't Superstitous' does have the feeling of being tacked on the album because they needed a little filler to pad out the rest of the album. Tesla did a better job covering that tune, but Megadeth's is cool too.

I like Megadeth version of 'Anarchy' better than the original and miles above the horrible version the Crue put out.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound out of place on albums?   Songs that sound out of place on albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 11:33 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Tur-Thalion wrote:
arachnoplasma wrote:

I never minded either one of those actually, but I'm a fan-boy. Although in hindsight, 'I Ain't Superstitous' does have the feeling of being tacked on the album because they needed a little filler to pad out the rest of the album. Tesla did a better job covering that tune, but Megadeth's is cool too.

I like Megadeth version of 'Anarchy' better than the original and miles above the horrible version the Crue put out.

I did not mind the Megadeth version, it captured the spirit of the original without merely trying to just copy the Sex Pistols version, as far as Motley Crue then can stick their version up their a$$.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound out of place on albums?   Songs that sound out of place on albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 11:46 am

Nuclear Assault's "Funky Noise" on Handle With Care belongs on a different album by a different act in a different genre. Also, Saxon's "Absent Friends" on Unleash the Beast is another one that's really out of place. Some people say they like it, and I'm not completely against ballads, but that one was just too much.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound out of place on albums?   Songs that sound out of place on albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 12:12 pm

Unforgiven III was alright, but it felt too much like an outtake from Reload.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound out of place on albums?   Songs that sound out of place on albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 12:17 pm

Obituary's Back From the Dead has a rap/death metal song called "Bullituary" which didn't really set well with their fans. The whole album was kind of weak, really.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound out of place on albums?   Songs that sound out of place on albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 12:34 pm

A song that is out of place, but in a good way is Motley's "Danger" off of Shout. The song is haunting from both a musical and lyrical front. I think it's the most mature song to ever come out of this band. As great as I think this tune is, I don't think the band has ever played this song live. I've got a couple boots from the Shout tour and Motley played every other song from the record, but not "Danger". It's too bad, as I think a song like "Danger" would break up the monotony of songs that are atypical Motley songs from a live stand point.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound out of place on albums?   Songs that sound out of place on albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 12:40 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
A song that is out of place, but in a good way is Motley's "Danger" off of Shout. The song is haunting from both a musical and lyrical front. I think it's the most mature song to ever come out of this band. As great as I think this tune is, I don't think the band has ever played this song live. I've got a couple boots from the Shout tour and Motley played every other song from the record, but not "Danger". It's too bad, as I think a song like "Danger" would break up the monotony of songs that are atypical Motley songs from a live stand point.

Having Vince Neil sing in key would have helped break up the monotony of a Crue show
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound out of place on albums?   Songs that sound out of place on albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 12:47 pm

manny wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

Having Vince Neil sing in key would have helped break up the monotony of a Crue show

Won't happen, as he like that of Don Dokken does not in any way shape (large one at that) or form treat their body like a temple. I know we're talking about rock stars here, as if they've ever been poster children as it pertains to good health, but just saying...

If you're a singer and you typically sing at a higher range, then stuff like smoking should probably be a no-no. Now if you're Brian Johnson or Lemmy (who have a more raspy style), then smoke until your hearts content.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound out of place on albums?   Songs that sound out of place on albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 12:50 pm

I don't think smoking has helped Brian Johnson, the man is cool but he can't sing anywhere near the range he did when he first started with AC/DC.

Lemmy on the other hand sounds as badass as he did back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound out of place on albums?   Songs that sound out of place on albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Songs that sound out of place on albums?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next