Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Sabbath reunion

Go down 
+30
holydiver97595
arachnoplasma
DeathCult
Approval Guy
nevermore
sheets
Joe
MEGATRON
Schbopo
Eyesore
Gilbert
Troublezone
Lurideath
Required Fields
exact33
James B.
Smindas
DallasBlack
ultmetal
Witchfinder
mountains
Metal Misfit
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
GrandNational
Shawn Of Fire
manny
kmorg
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Black Sabbath reunion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 1:53 pm

I guess that's my complaint about The Devil You Know as well - it needed some speedy tracks. I really liked the three songs on The Dio Years disc and I was expecting a couple of fast ones on the album.

As far as the reunion is concerned, I will definitely go see them as I have managed to miss all my other Black Sabbath with Ozzy opportunities.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 2:29 pm

Weeing Sabbath with Ozzy will be a massive nail in the Sabbath coffin. They could have ended on a high with Dio, but now they'll tarnish everything with Ozzy again. THE MAN CAN'T SING people. I like his studio stuff, but live he is a mess!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 2:33 pm

kmorg wrote:
Weeing Sabbath with Ozzy will be a massive nail in the Sabbath coffin. They could have ended on a high with Dio, but now they'll tarnish everything with Ozzy again. THE MAN CAN'T SING people. I like his studio stuff, but live he is a mess!

Kurt, are you implying Ozzy has a mumbling problem? Razz

http://www.soundboard.com/sb/Ozzy_Osbourne_Mumbles.aspx
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 2:45 pm

GrandNational wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Kurt, are you implying Ozzy has a mumbling problem? Razz

http://www.soundboard.com/sb/Ozzy_Osbourne_Mumbles.aspx
Laughing very hard

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 2:48 pm

I'd like to be able to see Sabbath one more time.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 2:50 pm

Quote :
Weeing Sabbath

Kurt, are you implying that the members of Black Sabbath have problems with incontinence?

Black Sabbath reunion - Page 3 Depends-adult-diapers

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 2:51 pm

Black Sabbath reunion - Page 3 647664

At their age, it's not that far from the truth!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 2:52 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
Weeing Sabbath

Kurt, are you implying that the members of Black Sabbath have problems with incontinence?

Well, the are elderly...... Black Sabbath reunion - Page 3 251456

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 2:55 pm

kmorg wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
Weeing Sabbath

Well, the are elderly...... Black Sabbath reunion - Page 3 251456

Maybe Depends will sponsor their concert tour. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Approval Guy
Metal novice
Metal novice
Approval Guy

Number of posts : 74

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 2:56 pm

kmorg wrote:

Ditto, I just hope that this lineup will encourage the band to play in a more classic style. Jorn would be amazing with Sabbath and I couldn't see him turning them down but instead we're stuck with poor old Ozzy for the sake of tradition.

They should have hired and good singer, recorded a classic album and went on a tour playing only songs from that album and the Ozzy era. A classic reunion without Ozzy.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 3:37 pm

Quote :
They could have ended on a high with Dio

That's where I think Sharon is pulling the strings to make this happen. She can't let the Sabbath name be put to rest with Dio.

That last H&H album was well received by reviewers and fans alike, while Ozzy's last album was met with a collective "meh". And Ronnie died at the top of his game, well respected and admired. Ozzy, unfortunately, will most likely be remembered as a stuttering, mumbling fool. You know that's gotta burn her britches to no end. Even if the end result doesn't live up to expectations, she can boast that the "real" Black Sabbath is back and recording and it was all her doing.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 3:43 pm

manny wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Yes, "Bible Black" is one of the great songs I was referring to, as well as the massive "Follow the Tears". I think that particular album would have benefited greatly from a couple of up-tempo songs, not unlike "Neon Knights" or "Mob Rules". Though it wasn't on that album, "The Devil Cried" is a massive songs as well. That particular song saw a lot of airplay on the local Clear Channel radio station.

I love "The Devil Cried" and was also disappointed that there were no uptempo songs.

I am surprised you did not like 'The Devil you Know' alot more, I personally loved it.

Are we forgetting "Eating The Cannibals"? It's up tempo...faster than "The Mob Rules". "Neverwhere" is just slightly slower than that. "Double The Pain" is a strong mid-tempo rocker as well...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 3:46 pm

Quote :
Are we forgetting "Eating The Cannibals"?

Love that song!!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 4:20 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Why not? They could potentially top "Devil You Know". While I like that album, it's not a "great" album IMO. There are a few songs that are great, but I just don't think of it on the same level as "Heaven & Hell" and "Mob Rules".

It wasn't even as good as Dehumanizer.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 4:25 pm

It's not that there were "no up tempo songs" on TDYK, they just weren't what kicked off the album. Unlike the original 2 Dio/Sabbath albums, which both kicked off with fast songs...

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 4:26 pm

IT'S A FALSE RUMOR - Tony Iommi's response:

I’m saddened that a Birmingham journalist whom I trusted has chosen this point in time to take a conversation we had back in June and make it sound like we spoke yesterday about a Sabbath reunion.

Thanks to the internet it’s now gone round the world as some sort of “official” statement on my part, absolute nonsense. I hope he’s enjoyed his moment of glory, he won’t have another
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 4:26 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Why not? They could potentially top "Devil You Know". While I like that album, it's not a "great" album IMO. There are a few songs that are great, but I just don't think of it on the same level as "Heaven & Hell" and "Mob Rules".

I love 'Dehumanizer' but IMO the 'Devil You Know' was 1000% better.

Last edited by manny on Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 4:28 pm

The Devil You Know was a great record. Who cares if there were few fast songs, nobody does midtempo better.

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 4:39 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Yeah, I think I have to agree with that although I don't spin that one much any more.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 4:53 pm

S.D. wrote:

I’m saddened that a Birmingham journalist whom I trusted has chosen this point in time to take a conversation we had back in June and make it sound like we spoke yesterday about a Sabbath reunion.

Thanks to the internet it’s now gone round the world as some sort of “official” statement on my part, absolute nonsense. I hope he’s enjoyed his moment of glory, he won’t have another

Ah-HA!! Maybe the Tony Iommi response is FALSE to throw us off the trail. Or maybe the real Tony DID post that, but he's only saying it's false. The plot thickens. Or gets stupider. Take you pick.

Metal novice
Metal novice
Approval Guy

Number of posts : 74

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 5:27 pm

S.D. wrote:

I dunno, this seems kinda fishy. Why would the Birmingham Post tarnish their good reputation over story about 5% of their readers would care about and one that would revealed as a lie this quickly? I've cooked up a crazy theory regarding this: Tony Iommi told the journalist about the reunion in an off the books discussion trusting him not to reveal it. This happens all the time when musicians trust journalists.

A few reasons for this. Firstly, the casual tone of the "fake" announcement. It sounds more like a relaxed chat than a proper interview. If they were gonna fake it wouldn't they just make up a punchier quote? Why do they include all that stuff about Ozzy not keeping his mouth shut and Bills health? Also, Tony's retort is worded in a way that carefuly avoids saying "There is no Black Sabbath reunion" he's just really just expressing his upset about the interviewer letting the cat out of the bag. He even apologises to Ozzy. Geezer and Bill, that's pretty strange. Finally, it just really adds up. Ozzy was mentioned that there were talks of a reunion a few months ago and neither Geezer or Tony have been doing anything musically for a while now.

That said, I'm just talking out of my ass.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 5:37 pm

That response was posted on Iommi's official website. If he says that it's false then I believe it.

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 5:47 pm

It would be interesting to hear another album from them, as long as it's done well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 6:45 pm

manny wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

I love 'Dehumanizer' but IMO the 'Devil You Know' was 1000% better.

'Dehumanizer' is one of their best albums, I think. Such an amazing album. I'm surprised that to this day it hasn't really caught on with Sabbath fans. It's a classic. I don't know of anyone that says it sucks, and I know you just said you love it, but it seems a lot of people are just like 'yeah, it was okay'.

To me, it's 'Devil' that was "okay". I think it lacks the speed & melodies that the first two Dio albums had and lacked the aggression & heaviness of 'Dehumanizer'.
Back to top Go down
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 7:43 pm

I thought Geezer said earlier in a press release that there would be no Black Sabbath reunion for this year? Anyway, I'd rather see Iommi / Butler get back together with Ian Gillian or (while we're dreaming...) Rob Halford. I just don't have much respect left for Ozzy these days.

I think The Devil You Know is a great record and a fine follow-up to Dehumanizer (which I feel is a better comparison than Mob Rules or Heaven and Hell), but it is a grower. I find myself liking it more as time has gone by than I did when it first came out. I don't mind the slow tempo, it's not like Sabbath were ever known for being a speed-metal band anyway. It's a very classy and very heavy album and a fine note for Dio to exit out on. Of course, others may feel differently, but I think it's a very good record.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Sabbath reunion
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next