Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Sabbath reunion

Go down 
+30
holydiver97595
arachnoplasma
DeathCult
Approval Guy
nevermore
sheets
Joe
MEGATRON
Schbopo
Eyesore
Gilbert
Troublezone
Lurideath
Required Fields
exact33
James B.
Smindas
DallasBlack
ultmetal
Witchfinder
mountains
Metal Misfit
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
GrandNational
Shawn Of Fire
manny
kmorg
34 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Black Sabbath reunion Empty
PostSubject: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 4:02 pm

Do we even want this?

http://metaltalk.net/news/2010882.php#.Tklyc-XD32d.facebook

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 4:10 pm

Sure one last go around would be nice, a new album with Ozzy, with none of Ozzy's outside songwriters and trendy metal producer, with Iommi or someone else handling production duties would be even nicer.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 4:18 pm

A lot of people I know hated those 2 songs on Reunion...but I thought they were OK.

I think if, as Manny stated, Iommi/Butler handled everything and kept the writing/production in-house that it could work. Imagine a dark, heavy album like 'The Devil You Know' but with Ozzy singing...

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 4:30 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
A lot of people I know hated those 2 songs on Reunion...but I thought they were OK.

I think if, as Manny stated, Iommi/Butler handled everything and kept the writing/production in-house that it could work. Imagine a dark, heavy album like 'The Devil You Know' but with Ozzy singing...

This.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 4:36 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Ship Sharon off to a deserted island during the whole process too and it just might work. Gonna have to be quite stellar to top that last Dio album.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 4:41 pm

I'll believe this when I see it on Blabbermouth. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 4:45 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Ship Sharon off to a deserted island during the whole process too and it just might work. Gonna have to be quite stellar to top that last Dio album.

There's no way for them to top that...it might sell more, but it won't be as good.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 4:50 pm

Quote :
it might sell more

That's all that really matters (well, in Sharon's mind anyway). She can't let the last official Sabbath release be a Dio-fronted album. Ozzy has to get the last word, so to speak. Remember her saying that the "real" Black Sabbath is the Ozzy version?

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 5:00 pm

I didn't care for "The Devil you Know" or the Reunion songs.

But I wouldn't complain if they put out a new album. It's worth a shot if they have the time and desire I guess.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 5:05 pm

Link is dead now, but no. I have no interest in seeing the original Black Sabbath ever again.

I would rather Iommi moved forward and if Geezer were to tag along, then great.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 5:07 pm

There is no way they will top 'The Devil You Know' but it will be better then 'Scream'
Back to top Go down
mountains
Metal novice
Metal novice
mountains

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 5:31 pm

I'd love this, as long as they make it a great album.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 5:38 pm

It may be blasphemy, but I really found The Devil You Know to be boring. It was a huge, ponderous, lumbering beast like almost all Dio albums from 1990 on.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 5:42 pm

Why not? They could potentially top "Devil You Know". While I like that album, it's not a "great" album IMO. There are a few songs that are great, but I just don't think of it on the same level as "Heaven & Hell" and "Mob Rules".

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 5:52 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Why not? They could potentially top "Devil You Know". While I like that album, it's not a "great" album IMO. There are a few songs that are great, but I just don't think of it on the same level as "Heaven & Hell" and "Mob Rules".

Same here.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 5:55 pm

Quite a massive exclusive for such an unheard of site. I'm skeptical until I hear it from a more "official" source.

If it does happen, I'd probably go see them simply because I've never really had the chance before.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 6:56 pm

If they could be left to themselves and be Sabbath on their own behalf....well something great could come of that. Like others have stated.....outside influences would only ruin it. (IMHO)

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 7:59 pm

Sharon is trying to scare up more sales for Scream...

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 8:39 pm

I keep checking Blabbermouth & BraveWords to see if either one of those sites has picked up this story yet... so far, nothin'.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 8:45 pm

I heard something about this last year.

I don't think anything will ever come of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 9:19 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
It may be blasphemy, but I really found The Devil You Know to be boring. It was a huge, ponderous, lumbering beast like almost all Dio albums from 1990 on.

My thoughts exactly.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 12:19 am

I'd LOVE to see this happen!!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 12:38 am

I'm all for it! I didn't even like "The Devil You Know" for the same reason as someone posted above. But they better record the album like the old days... Fast! Because it's just a matter of time before egos clash. All in all, this has potential if the classic writing team of Butler/Iommi do everything. At least Ozzy seems a little more focused and rejuvenated recently.

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 3:22 am

I found The Devil you Know to be very boring. Never bothered to give it a second spin.

I wish they would reunite with Tony Martin Martin behind the mic headbanger
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 3:40 am

I thought The Devil You Know was great. "Bible Black," in my opinion, rivals any song they ever did with any other vocalist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Sabbath reunion
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next