Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Sabbath reunion

Go down 
+30
holydiver97595
arachnoplasma
DeathCult
Approval Guy
nevermore
sheets
Joe
MEGATRON
Schbopo
Eyesore
Gilbert
Troublezone
Lurideath
Required Fields
exact33
James B.
Smindas
DallasBlack
ultmetal
Witchfinder
mountains
Metal Misfit
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
GrandNational
Shawn Of Fire
manny
kmorg
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Black Sabbath reunion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 3:52 am

Eyesore wrote:
I thought The Devil You Know was great. "Bible Black," in my opinion, rivals any song they ever did with any other vocalist.

Yeah, it sounded like one of the classic Dio-era Sabbath records.

I think it would be interesting to see what would come of the reunion. I think at best it would sound like another Ozzy-fronted Sabbath album, and at worst sound like...well, an Ozzy album.
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 5:05 am

Unless they announce a new album, I just can't get excited. This rumor is probably fake anyway.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 7:11 am

I thought The Devil You Know was almost flawless...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am

The Devil You Know was a terrific album in my opinion. Some really cool songs on it.

If this reunion comes to pass, great ! If not, well that's okay too.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 8:14 am

The Devil You Know was a hard album to digest. I like it but its one of those I really have to sit down and pay attention to.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 8:49 am

Eyesore wrote:
I thought The Devil You Know was great. "Bible Black," in my opinion, rivals any song they ever did with any other vocalist.

10000000% agree
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 9:06 am

Still no confirmation of this reunion rumor anywhere else huh? Bogus.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 9:09 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Nope the Black Sabbath site, which is run by a major fanboy and is friends with Bill Ward and Geezer Butler have nothing on the story, and it seems Ozzy is gearing up to promote a doc directed and produced by his son, and a cover of Iommi's book is the latest news on any band member activities.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 9:10 am

manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Nope the Black Sabbath site, which is run by a major fanboy and is friends with Bill Ward and Geezer Butler have nothing on the story, and it seems Ozzy is gearing up to promote a doc directed and produced by his son, and a cover of Iommi's book is the latest news on any band member activities.

Yeah, they were giving away tickets to a local theater screening of the Ozzy doc on the radio this AM, I would've called in to try and win but I was in the car at the time and I'm petrified of cell phoning & driving at the same time....with my luck, I'd get pulled over. (Me: "Officer, gimme a break! I'm tryin' to win Ozzy tickets!" Cop: "Well I can't help you with that but here's a $100 traffic ticket, bungholio.") Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 10:00 am

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=162051

Boom, confirmation. Mixed feelings on this one, but I would like the chance to see Sabbath with Ozzy.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 10:01 am

Smindas wrote:
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=162051

Boom, confirmation. Mixed feelings on this one, but I would like the chance to see Sabbath with Ozzy.

Wow! So I guess it is the real deal. Coolness.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 10:05 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Smindas wrote:

Wow! So I guess it is the real deal. Coolness.

I am sure the tour will end when Sharon reads Iommi's biography as a bed time story to his Ozziness.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 10:09 am

I'm hoping I get to see them before it all inevitably blows up ;P

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 10:15 am

Eyesore wrote:

Yes, "Bible Black" is one of the great songs I was referring to, as well as the massive "Follow the Tears". I think that particular album would have benefited greatly from a couple of up-tempo songs, not unlike "Neon Knights" or "Mob Rules". Though it wasn't on that album, "The Devil Cried" is a massive songs as well. That particular song saw a lot of airplay on the local Clear Channel radio station.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 10:22 am

Glad to hear it is really going to happen! This is the best news of the year!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 10:56 am

The only track on DEVIL YOU KNOW that I didn't care for was the opening song, "Atom and Evil." Maybe it would've worked better if it were farther down in the running order, but as an opening song it was kinda blah.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 11:20 am

Well, if it happens, cool beans. Let's hope it's a good one.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 11:51 am

headbanger if it happens.

THE DEVIL YOU KNOW was excellent!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 12:05 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Yes, "Bible Black" is one of the great songs I was referring to, as well as the massive "Follow the Tears". I think that particular album would have benefited greatly from a couple of up-tempo songs, not unlike "Neon Knights" or "Mob Rules". Though it wasn't on that album, "The Devil Cried" is a massive songs as well. That particular song saw a lot of airplay on the local Clear Channel radio station.

I love "The Devil Cried" and was also disappointed that there were no uptempo songs.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 12:12 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

I love "The Devil Cried" and was also disappointed that there were no uptempo songs.

I am surprised you did not like 'The Devil you Know' alot more, I personally loved it.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 12:22 pm

manny wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

I am surprised you did not like 'The Devil you Know' alot more, I personally loved it.

I'm listening to it again today. It's not bad, it's better than I remembered. I am just not excited when I listen to this. To me, that is one of the worst musical sins: to be boring. I just don't get as excited about this as I do when I hear "Mob Rules", "Black Sabbath", or "Strange Highways" (the albums). But Dio is in fine form here and the riffage isn't bad. I just feel like the album needed more of a kick.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 12:36 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
manny wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

I'm listening to it again today. It's not bad, it's better than I remembered. I am just not excited when I listen to this. To me, that is one of the worst musical sins: to be boring. I just don't get as excited about this as I do when I hear "Mob Rules", "Black Sabbath", or "Strange Highways" (the albums). But Dio is in fine form here and the riffage isn't bad. I just feel like the album needed more of a kick.

I loved it but it seems that alot of fans agree with you and ULT, not enough up tempo songs.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 1:18 pm

Smindas wrote:
I'm hoping I get to see them before it all inevitably blows up ;P

Sharon will drive Ozzy home saying "You dont need to play with those kids.."

sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 1:24 pm

I still listen to The Devil You know fairly often. My biggest complaint is that I think they could have lost one or two songs from it to tighten it up, and go with a different opener than Atom and Evil, which I find too ponderous, but other than that I think it's an excellent album.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 1:46 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
I definitely agree that the album could have used one or two all-out rockers, you know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath reunion   Black Sabbath reunion - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Sabbath reunion
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next