Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Speaking of Wacken...

Go down 
+13
Fat Freddy
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
kmorg
arachnoplasma
DallasBlack
The_Jayroh
stormspell
mc666
Spiner202
thejokeriv
ultmetal
holydiver97595
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

Speaking of Wacken... Empty
PostSubject: Speaking of Wacken...   Speaking of Wacken... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 6:17 pm

Are any of you there? Or, have you ever even been there? Since I heard about it, it's been something I've wanted to go do, but I've yet to get the money gathered for it. So, if you've been, post stories about it! Same if you're there now/were there today!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Wacken...   Speaking of Wacken... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 6:22 pm

I wish!

The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Wacken...   Speaking of Wacken... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 6:30 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I wish!

I would've loved to at least see Blind Guardian today; if the weather in Wacken is anything like the weather where I am, it would've been perfect.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Wacken...   Speaking of Wacken... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 6:56 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I wish!
Me too! I plan to hit Wacken one of these days!!!!! Maybe the next time Maiden headlines!
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Wacken...   Speaking of Wacken... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 7:16 pm

There's a very good chance that I'll be going for the first time next year. I was originally planning on going to Maryland Deathfest, but the announcement of HammerFall convinced me to go to Wacken instead because they are my favourite band.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Wacken...   Speaking of Wacken... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 7:31 pm

I was wackin' just this morning. Helps kickstart the day.

stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Wacken...   Speaking of Wacken... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 8:31 pm

Not me, I'm too old to rub shoulders with 10,000 people under a scorching sun, taking shits in overflowing chemical toilets, and going without shower for 3+ days, yuck! Laughing

Old farts like me go to Keep it True or H:O:A
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Wacken...   Speaking of Wacken... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 8:35 pm

Spiner202 wrote:
There's a very good chance that I'll be going for the first time next year. I was originally planning on going to Maryland Deathfest, but the announcement of HammerFall convinced me to go to Wacken instead because they are my favourite band.
Yeah, they usually make an appearance with some of the other power metal giants. They sometimes go to a festival in Georgia called ProgPower, if you were looking for a show of theirs closer to home (though, unfortunately, it's still just as infrequent).

mc666 wrote:
Do you mean like this: Speaking of Wacken... 692390
Or like this: Speaking of Wacken... 37951

stormspell wrote:
Not me, I'm too old to rub shoulders with 10,000 people under a scorching sun, taking shits in overflowing chemical toilets, and going without shower for 3+ days, yuck!

Old farts like me go to Keep it True or H:O:A
Ohh, psshaw! You're never too old with the power of METAAAAALLLLLLLL \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Wacken...   Speaking of Wacken... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 8:47 pm

holydiver97595 wrote:

mc666 wrote:
Do you mean like this: Speaking of Wacken... 692390
Or like this: Speaking of Wacken... 37951
more like this Speaking of Wacken... Wank

The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Wacken...   Speaking of Wacken... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 9:10 pm

If I could make a wish to the Make A Wish people, then going to Wacken is high on the list.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Wacken...   Speaking of Wacken... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 11:12 pm

There is very few good festival concerts around here (one if you count Gigantour). The only ones are Edgefest and a Christian music festival all of which have many bands I wouldn't be caught dead listening too.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Wacken...   Speaking of Wacken... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 12:03 am

DallasBlack wrote:
There is very few good festival concerts around here (one if you count Gigantour). The only ones are Edgefest and a Christian music festival all of which have many bands I wouldn't be caught dead listening too.

Around Chicago I've got quite a lot to choose from, but I'd imagine around other places it gets pretty barren in terms of metal (or music in general) fests. Germany is just the place to be for that, I guess.
Back to top Go down
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Wacken...   Speaking of Wacken... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 4:49 am

I'd love to go to Wacken. A lot of my favorite bands that play there hardly ever tour the States anyway. Speaking of Wacken... 19976
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Wacken...   Speaking of Wacken... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 10:57 am

arachnoplasma wrote:
I'd love to go to Wacken. A lot of my favorite bands that play there hardly ever tour the States anyway. Speaking of Wacken... 19976

I know that feeling; what really urks me is when one of my favorite American bands tours Europe first, or just Europe. It's like "WHY DO I LIVE HERE?!"
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Wacken...   Speaking of Wacken... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 11:56 am

I was there in 1998. Would love to go again some day, but it's not likely though.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Wacken...   Speaking of Wacken... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 1:13 pm

In theory, I'd like to attend, but the reality of it is I'm getting too old for the very reasons Stormspell pointed out. Finances too of course. I can barely make it to shows in my own town anymore, let alone another country.

The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Wacken...   Speaking of Wacken... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 2:57 pm

kmorg wrote:
I was there in 1998. Would love to go again some day, but it's not likely though.
How many big names played that year?

MetalGuy71 wrote:
In theory, I'd like to attend, but the reality of it is I'm getting too old for the very reasons Stormspell pointed out. Finances too of course. I can barely make it to shows in my own town anymore, let alone another country.
I can see that; the monetary problem is the only thing keeping me from it. Otherwise, I'm set! I took a couple years of high school German just for occasions such as Wacken!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Wacken...   Speaking of Wacken... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 3:07 pm

Speaking of Wacken... Cfb685bf36

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Wacken...   Speaking of Wacken... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 3:12 pm

I would love to go to Wacken (or any Euro metal fest) but after glancing over that lineup in the poster Shawn provided above, I think if I were surrounded by THAT much metal my head might just explode.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Wacken...   Speaking of Wacken... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 3:16 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I would love to go to Wacken (or any Euro metal fest) but after glancing over that lineup in the poster Shawn provided above, I think if I were surrounded by THAT much metal my head might just explode.

Well, I don't think that would be a problem for you - maybe the fact that Wacken doesn't serve PBR might be an issue Wink
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Wacken...   Speaking of Wacken... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 3:47 pm

Wow, I had no idea Wacken '98 had such a fantastic lineup. It's unlikely we'll ever see Savatage or (the proper, Martin Walkyier version of) Skyclad on a festival line up any time soon.

Anyway, as for Wacken in general, I do intend to go one day. There always seems to be amazing acts each year, despite me not even being particularly metal-centric nowadays, and the experience looks like a fantastic one. I've had friends go, but I've never had the funds together at the right time to join them. Who knows, maybe next year. Would have loved to have seen Iced Earth and Avantasia this year though.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Wacken...   Speaking of Wacken... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 4:16 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Well, I don't think that would be a problem for you - maybe the fact that Wacken doesn't serve PBR might be an issue Wink

If there's beer, I'm good. I'm not particularly picky.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Wacken...   Speaking of Wacken... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 4:54 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

If there's beer, I'm good. I'm not particularly picky.

It's GERMANY, that's all you need to know about how good the beer is!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Wacken...   Speaking of Wacken... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 6:12 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
It's GERMANY, that's all you need to know about how good the beer is!!!!!!

I've been to Germany. I KNOW how good the beer is. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Wacken...   Speaking of Wacken... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 6:46 pm

thats the one place i want to be
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Wacken...   Speaking of Wacken... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speaking of Wacken...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next