Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wacken 2008

Go down 
+7
Smindas
Thrasher73
scottmitchell74
DeathCult
Fat Freddy
Mortuary
Muloc7253
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

Wacken 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Wacken 2008   Wacken 2008 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 7:50 pm

Anyone going? I'm 96% certain that I'm gonna go this year, the bands on the bill thus far are-

3 Inches of Blood
As I Lay Dying
At the Gates
Autumn
Avantasia
Axel Rudi Pell
Axxis
Before the Dawn
Carcass
Children of Bodom
Corvus Corax
Crematory
Destructor
Dream of an Opium Eater
Enemy of the Sun
Ensiferum
Evocation
Excremetory Grindfuckers
Exodus
Girugamesh
Gorerotted
Gorgoroth
Grave
Hatebreed
Head Hunter
Iron Maiden
Killswitch Engage
Kreator
Krypteria
Leaves Eyes
Lord Belial
Lordi
Machine Men
Mercenary
Nifelheim
Nightwish
Obituary
Opeth
Powerwolf
Primordial
Psychopunch
Sabaton
Saltatio Mortis
Soilwork
Sonata Arctica
Sturm Und Drang
The Bones
Van Canto
Warbringer
Watain

Pretty neat line-up, methinks. A few bands I'm not interested in, but I can easily skip 'em. Apparently Bullet for My Valentine are rumoured as a headliner, which makes me pretty mad. I'm all for varied line-ups and all but BFMV must be expensive, meaning theyr're sacrificing getting in a more 'metal' big band.
Back to top Go down
Mortuary
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Mortuary

Number of posts : 498

Wacken 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wacken 2008   Wacken 2008 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 9:18 pm

What an interesting line-up...but no, I'm not going. =[
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Wacken 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wacken 2008   Wacken 2008 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 9:29 pm

Quite a lineup... something for all the members of the family! Laughing

Sometimes I wonder what members of Iron Maiden (or similar huge headliners) must think when they look at the list of bands on the bill with them and see stuff like "Excrematory Grindf**kers." I doubt you'll see Bruce Dickinson off to the side of the stage checking out their set. Laughing

I would love to go to one of these huge Euro fests someday, but the wife would change all the locks on the house and throw all my stuff on the front lawn while I was gone.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Wacken 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wacken 2008   Wacken 2008 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 10:00 pm

I wish I was going, damn what a line up
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Wacken 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wacken 2008   Wacken 2008 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 10:23 pm

That is beyond amazing!!

These interest me the most:

3 Inches of Blood

As I Lay Dying

Avantasia

Axel Rudi Pell

Children of Bodom
Ensiferum (get to see them at Pagan Fest USA cheers )

Iron Maiden

Lordi (my Kiddos would love this, too)

Nightwish

Sabaton

Sonata Arctica

Warbringer

That list alone would suit me and be worth LOTS $$$!!

My wife have Europe In 3 Parts (or 4) on the "Official Future Travel List" so on each of the trips I need to make the trip match up with KIT or Wacken...something like that. It doesn't have to be a mega-fest, but one with at least 3-4 bands I've never seen (nor likely wouldn't)
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Wacken 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wacken 2008   Wacken 2008 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 10:29 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
That is beyond amazing!!

These interest me the most:

3 Inches of Blood

As I Lay Dying

Avantasia

Axel Rudi Pell

Children of Bodom
Ensiferum (get to see them at Pagan Fest USA cheers )

Iron Maiden

Lordi (my Kiddos would love this, too)

Nightwish

Sabaton

Sonata Arctica

Warbringer

That list alone would suit me and be worth LOTS $$$!!

My wife have Europe In 3 Parts (or 4) on the "Official Future Travel List" so on each of the trips I need to make the trip match up with KIT or Wacken...something like that. It doesn't have to be a mega-fest, but one with at least 3-4 bands I've never seen (nor likely wouldn't)

Interesting choice with As I Lay Dying among those other bands.

I'm most hyped about seeing

Iron Maiden
Children of Bodom
Exodus
Sonata Arctica
Nifelheim (would be one hell of an extreme show)
Carcass (hoping they do older stuff)
Ensiferum
Lordi
Gorgoroth
Soilwork
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Wacken 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wacken 2008   Wacken 2008 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 11:07 pm

A Lot of good bands there.Wish I could go.I would probably be out on the street with Freddy when I got back though
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Wacken 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wacken 2008   Wacken 2008 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 4:19 am

I would like to go, but I don't think my wallet could take the strain.

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

Wacken 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wacken 2008   Wacken 2008 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 4:26 am

OH HO HO! I'M FLYING FROM MY LITTLE TOWN IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA TO GERMANY FOR A GRAND WACKEN OPEN AIR!! ALREADY GOT MY PLANE TICKET!
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

Wacken 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wacken 2008   Wacken 2008 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 5:48 am

go and record ... than upload as torrent Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Wacken 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wacken 2008   Wacken 2008 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 8:25 am

EvyMetal wrote:
OH HO HO! I'M FLYING FROM MY LITTLE TOWN IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA TO GERMANY FOR A GRAND WACKEN OPEN AIR!! ALREADY GOT MY PLANE TICKET!

Ehhh... you suck. Laughing

Seriously tho: have a great time, and make sure to post a full show report here on the board when ya get back, so that all the lame-o's like me who couldn't go can live vicariously through your experience. 🤘

Make sure you check out Excrematory Grindf**kers, I hear they're going to be the hit of the festival!! Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Wacken 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wacken 2008   Wacken 2008 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 2:29 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:

Ehhh... you suck. Laughing

Seriously tho: have a great time, and make sure to post a full show report here on the board when ya get back, so that all the lame-o's like me who couldn't go can live vicariously through your experience. 🤘

Make sure you check out Excrematory Grindf**kers, I hear they're going to be the hit of the festival!! Laughing very hard

Yeah, of course. Will do. As for EG, I doubt it could be as bad as some of the people that flock to these festivals. I think I'll tape a video camera to my head and tape my whole experience, posting a vlog on youtube.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

Wacken 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wacken 2008   Wacken 2008 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 4:52 am

No Wacken for me this year - the line up is 10 times worse this year than it was in 07 (at least for me Smile) and if you know who's gonna play on Bang Your Head, then there's absolutely no need for WOA at all Smile
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Wacken 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wacken 2008   Wacken 2008 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 8:29 am

Smindas wrote:
I would like to go, but I don't think my wallet could take the strain.

same here i dont think i could afford it. i was going to go but it would cost about 700 pounds
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Wacken 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wacken 2008   Wacken 2008 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 11:08 am

Taking a coach from argon events, costs about 230 pound, including coach, ferry, festival and camping.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Wacken 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wacken 2008   Wacken 2008 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 2:32 am

I've been saving my money up for a long time.
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Wacken 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wacken 2008   Wacken 2008 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 2:10 pm

Unearth and Job for a Cowboy were confirmed this morning, while most probably hate this, it's excellent news for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wacken 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wacken 2008   Wacken 2008 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wacken 2008
Page 1 of 1