Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iced Earth Live at Wacken

Go down 
+7
MetalGuy71
Rex
DallasBlack
krokus
Eyesore
kmorg
tul
11 posters
AuthorMessage
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

Iced Earth Live at Wacken Empty
PostSubject: Iced Earth Live at Wacken   Iced Earth Live at Wacken Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 1:56 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z90wWEOmp_A&feature=youtu.be

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth Live at Wacken   Iced Earth Live at Wacken Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 2:33 pm

Awesome!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth Live at Wacken   Iced Earth Live at Wacken Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 4:21 pm

Gonna miss this dude's voice. Such a great singer! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth Live at Wacken   Iced Earth Live at Wacken Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 4:25 pm

Nice. I've never heard Matt sing any of The Glorious Burden tunes.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth Live at Wacken   Iced Earth Live at Wacken Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 4:33 pm

Remember the festivals from the 80s? Fans were so into it back then. Today, they all just kind of stand there. Lame.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth Live at Wacken   Iced Earth Live at Wacken Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 4:37 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Remember the festivals from the 80s? Fans were so into it back then. Today, they all just kind of stand there. Lame.

Thats true, but were are those fans today??? If they were so much into it, they should still be today, like ME and YOU. Anyway, if you go to KIT, HEADBANGERS OPEN AIR or to any festival like POUNDING METAL FEST, or HEAVY METAL ESPECTROS fest in Spain, people are 100% into it, and not only by moving, headbanging etc...but we also still look like the glory days because for us its more then music. Hail to youuuuu.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth Live at Wacken   Iced Earth Live at Wacken Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 4:42 pm

Iced Earth Live at Wacken 591800 One of if not the most incredible voices metal will ever know. Barlow's range is so awe inspiring from extreme lows to extreme highs. As a far inferior vocalist, jealous doesn't even begin to describe how I feel. My only regret is I will probably never get to see a Barlow fronted Iced Earth (I say probably because anything is possible).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth Live at Wacken   Iced Earth Live at Wacken Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 12:30 pm

Makes me miss Tim Owens in this band.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth Live at Wacken   Iced Earth Live at Wacken Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 12:42 pm

The new guy's got some pretty big shoes to fill.

Refresh my fading memory. Is Matt giving up on music altogether and going back to being a cop or is he still gonna do music projects when the mood hits him? I know he couldn't do the touring and give 100% to IE anymore, but is he quitting the biz?

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth Live at Wacken   Iced Earth Live at Wacken Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 12:43 pm

I love Barlow, but he was struggling hard with "Declaration Day"...it must be in a weird spot in his range.

Tim Owens gets no respect...dude is a monster.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth Live at Wacken   Iced Earth Live at Wacken Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 12:50 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I love Barlow, but he was struggling hard with "Declaration Day"...it must be in a weird spot in his range.

Tim Owens gets no respect...dude is a monster.

Watching that part now and I agree. He's gonna bust a blood vessel or something. Wow. His face is redder than his hair.Laughing

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth Live at Wacken   Iced Earth Live at Wacken Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 12:53 pm

I used to be the biggest Owens fan boy in the world, but he is tremendously overrated.

I was hoping this show was going to be with Stu, but it's nice for Barlow to have one more big show before retirement (?).
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth Live at Wacken   Iced Earth Live at Wacken Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 1:19 pm

Owens is a fantastic singer, but just not the right fit for Iced Earth. However, Matt does clearly struggle a bit with Tim's tracks - I remember seeing him do 'Ten Thousand Strong' at one point and it looked like Barlow was straining hugely. Still, without him in the band, my interest in Iced Earth wanes massively. Barlow's voice really is the defining aspect of the band for me, it's what makes them stand out from a pile of similar sounding groups. Glad to see his last gig with the band was at least proshot.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth Live at Wacken   Iced Earth Live at Wacken Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 1:50 pm

Matt definitely struggles a bit with Tim's stuff. Clearly Matt can go low, mid-range, and high, but like Shawn said, some of Tim's stuff is just in a range that Matt struggles with for some reason. Like it's in between areas his voice is really strong.

Anyway, I think Matt is planning to get back to being a family man. He did mention that we'd hear from him again, but I think he'll just do projects, if anything. Things he doesn't have to really commit to outside of recording, you know.

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth Live at Wacken   Iced Earth Live at Wacken Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 3:45 pm

He's struggelinh with his own songs too. Not one note in "I Died For You" is clean!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth Live at Wacken   Iced Earth Live at Wacken Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 4:54 pm

He definitely struggled at times. Maybe his voice is going, or maybe he's simply not using it enough so it's not as strong as it once was. I don't know. He nailed some pretty bad-ass notes during that set, though, so he's still got quite a voice.

I'm excited to hear Stu sing with them. I hope the music is more old IE than new, however.

New Into Eternity song. Stu sounds great!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth Live at Wacken   Iced Earth Live at Wacken Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 4:10 am

I agree with what some have said about Tim Owens. He's very good and very under-appreciated IMO.

Has anyone heard him on Yngwie Malmsteen's albums yet? That's his pivotal work to date.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth Live at Wacken   Iced Earth Live at Wacken Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 6:32 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I agree with what some have said about Tim Owens. He's very good and very under-appreciated IMO.

Has anyone heard him on Yngwie Malmsteen's albums yet? That's his pivotal work to date.

The first ablum with Yngwie is great, the scond one was way too long and would have been better with some songs cut out of it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth Live at Wacken   Iced Earth Live at Wacken Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 9:52 am

Eyesore wrote:
He definitely struggled at times. Maybe his voice is going, or maybe he's simply not using it enough so it's not as strong as it once was. I don't know. He nailed some pretty bad-ass notes during that set, though, so he's still got quite a voice.

I'm excited to hear Stu sing with them. I hope the music is more old IE than new, however.

So Stu is gonna pull double-duty with IE and uh, IE?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth Live at Wacken   Iced Earth Live at Wacken Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 10:55 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

The first ablum with Yngwie is great, the scond one was way too long and would have been better with some songs cut out of it.
Yeah, the first one certainly wasn't bad but Relentless was just atrocious. The entire thing was dull as hell and Tim only appeared on a few tracks - apparently, they were all offcuts from the first album, which doesn't surprise me. However, Tim was surprised as he had no idea he was appearing on a second Yngwie record!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth Live at Wacken   Iced Earth Live at Wacken Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 11:40 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

So Stu is gonna pull double-duty with IE and uh, IE?
I guess. Into Eternity, though, just released that song as a digital download. They might be doing that sort of thing now, releasing one song at a time. I don't know. I don't see any mention of a new album coming out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth Live at Wacken   Iced Earth Live at Wacken Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iced Earth Live at Wacken
Page 1 of 1