Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon

Go down 
+14
mc666
DevZor
tohostudios
Eyesore
ultmetal
DallasBlack
Shawn Of Fire
journeyman
bassman
Wargod
Lari
Temple of Blood
ZombieHavoc
MetalGuy71
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon Empty
PostSubject: New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon   New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 1:59 pm

ICED EARTH's first officially filmed headline show, "Live In Ancient Kourion", will hit stores on April 15 in Europe and April 16 in North America via Century Media. This incredibly powerful package will come to you in various configurations and, a first for Century Media Records, also on Blu-ray disc. The limited-edition deluxe book features the main show and a plethora of bonus content on DVD and a Blu-ray disc, as well as the entire concert on a 2CD set (4 discs in total). You can also enjoy the audio version of the full concert in a 3LP gatefold vinyl package or as a 2CD set. A standard DVD and digital audio download will also be available.

The setlist for ICED EARTH's August 19, 2012 concert was as follows:

01. Dystopia
02. Burning Times
03. Angel Holocaust
04. Slave To The Dark
05. V
06. When The Night Falls
07. I Died For You
08. Invasion
09. Motivation Of Man
10. Setian Massacre
11. Stormrider
12. Pure Evil
13. Wolf
14. Dark City
15. End Of Innocence
16. Dracula
17. Ten Thousand Strong
18. End Of Innocence
19. Anthem
20. Decleration Day
21. Days Of Rage
22. Melancholy (Holy Martyr)

Encore 1:

23. In Sacred Flames
24. Boiling Point
25. Damien
26. Watching Over Me
27. Dantes Inferno
28. Iced Earth

Encore 2:

29. The Hunter

New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon Icedcyprusdvd

I don't have much use for a dvd, but I'll probably get the cds at some point. IE really delivers the goods in a live setting.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon   New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 4:19 pm

I liked the Alive in Athens set when that came out.

I haven't really listened to IE much since The Glorious Burden (my interest was already waning, and that album just sealed it). I have checked out tunes from every album since, but nothing has really interested me enough to get any of the albums.

I do think it'd be interesting to hear a lot of the IE classics with their current vocalist.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon   New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 4:22 pm

Long set!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6335

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon   New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 4:23 pm

I think I have to get this. Festivals of the Wicked was real good, but obviously there were only shows with Barlow and Owens.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon   New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 7:28 pm

No brainer it's mine!

Metalwargod
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon   New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 8:15 pm

That is a very long set........hope Stu's voice holds up ok.........that's a real workout for the old vocal cords.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon   New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 10:38 pm

I really liked Alive in Athens, so I hope this will be just as good. I don't have Festivals yet, but I wonder how it is with two singers.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon   New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 8:11 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Long set!

No doubt! 29 songs?? They had to have filmed 2 nights...

Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon   New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 6:22 am

So did anyone get this yet? It came out last week. I'm about to order.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon   New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 6:30 am

Stu sounds great on this! I'm only half-way through the first disc but so far it's a fine live album. Not sure when or if I will get around to the DVD though as I don't watch much live DVDs these days.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon   New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 10:25 am

Saw this at Best Buy yesterday. Thought about picking it up, but grabbed the new Sevendust instead.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon   New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 3:49 pm

The new Sevendust was the better choice. Live In Ancient Kourion sounds so overproduced.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon   New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 4:35 pm

Eyesore wrote:
The new Sevendust was the better choice. Live In Ancient Kourion sounds so overproduced.

As a whole, would you say it's better, worse or about the same as Alive in Athens?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon   New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 6:02 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
As a whole, would you say it's better, worse or about the same as Alive in Athens?
Oh, I don't own it. I've only seen a bunch of YouTube clips. But to my ears. Alive In Athens sounds much more authentic than this new one.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon   New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 6:04 pm

I'll admit, I did love this performance:

I'll pick it up eventually, but it's no priority.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon   New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 6:07 pm

Eh, with very few exceptions I can live without live albums.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon   New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 6:08 pm

Eyesore wrote:

That's what I thought too after hearing some samples. Same problem as the last few albums have been having. Live albums should sound live... Even if most of it is recorded in the studio... It should still sound live Razz

It's like they're not even trying to trick us now.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon   New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 9:13 pm

Exactly. I want to feel like I'm at the show, not feel like a studio album is being interrupted by a bunch of clapping assholes every now and then.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon   New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 9:50 pm

People don't want to buy live albums that really sound live. This is why bands doctor it up so much. They are catering to their fans.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon   New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 3:51 am

To be perfectly honest, my main reason for getting it is to hear Stu's take on IE songs not origionally done by him. In that aspect, I really enjoyed it even though it was doctored up.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon   New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 3:51 pm

I love Alive in Athens (CD version). I never bought the DVD, because Schaffer said it was poorly done and not sanctioned by the band. They originally wanted to release it as a DVD, but the footage was not good enough and apparently there's some heavy editing done to it to make it passable (using shots from different parts of the concert that don't match the music).

Festivals of the Wicked was real awesome though. Three whole shows, excellent quality, great setlists, two different lead vocalists. The only one missing obviously was Stu, and now that that gets rectified, I'm very happy with their two concert DVDs I own.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon   New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 10:40 pm

It's actually a great live DVD. If you watch the extras on the DVD John tells you this is an Iced Earth live show as they are the only band where as the or ones are not. AIA was not a happy choice for them but it happened.

They only thing I didn't care for was the lead guitar was to low!

Metalwargod
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon   New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 1:10 am

ultmetal wrote:
Saw this at Best Buy yesterday. Thought about picking it up, but grabbed the new Sevendust instead.
You made the right choice imo.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon   New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 9:48 am

DallasBlack wrote:
To be perfectly honest, my main reason for getting it is to hear Stu's take on IE songs not origionally done by him. In that aspect, I really enjoyed it even though it was doctored up.

That's a bigger factor than the "live" aspect in my purchasing decision too. I really enjoyed Dystopia, so I'd like to hear Stu tackle some older material.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon   New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 12:12 pm

Iced Earth are also releasing a new studio album later in the year called Plagues Of Babylon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon   New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Iced Earth LIVE Coming Soon
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next