Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spotify

Go down 
+24
Olafsto
Ravenscraig
kyleblack
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
James B.
jettafiend
JBall_Z
EvyMetal
Lurideath
DeathCult
mr.electric39
Hadley
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
chewie
Alex Dee Rokket
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
325ad
mc666
Metal Misfit
GrandNational
snooloui
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

Spotify - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 11:15 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
The last thing I need is another way to discover new music. The recommendations I get from here and Amazon are putting big enough dents in my budget. Laughing

I doubt I'll use it very often, just something to preview new stuff I haven't gotten my hands on yet. I've never really gotten into the habit of listening to music while I'm on the computer.

I don't use it a lot...usually only when I'm on my home computer just to check out something new or something I'm unfamiliar with. I don't have the app on my phone or anything.

Same here.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Spotify - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 11:30 am

James B. wrote:
So....................how was Kory and Company ?

Sounded pretty bitchin' to me but then, I'm a fanboy. Mileage may vary for casual Warrior Soul fans.

Pretty much picked up where the last album left off -- crunchy punk/metal hybrid stuff. Kory's voice doesn't sound quite as gravelly as it did last time out, which is a plus.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Spotify - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 11:40 am

I really enjoy using Spotify. If you have the files locally (in iTunes for example) it will play the local files without commercial breaks and only stream tracks not on the computer.

Money has been tight the past couple years so I'm not able to buy as much as I used to, so it's cool to still be able to check out new albums and compile a list for future purchases.
Back to top Go down
kyleblack
Metal student
Metal student
kyleblack

Number of posts : 159

Spotify - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 12:28 am

Noticed Heart Of Metal: 20 Years Of Ultimatum was up on Spotify and thought I'd give it a spin and "Never", "Puppet Of Destruction" and "Gutterbox" all have really bad skips.
Back to top Go down
Ravenscraig
Metal student
Metal student
Ravenscraig

Number of posts : 107

Spotify - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 5:58 pm

I use it all the time. I can check out albums before buying them and it gives me suggestions of bands that are similar in style to the one I'm listening to.

Both my last albums are on Spotify (Nephwrack "Sectariana" and The Naked Show "Exposed") as it's easy to have your albums uploaded on it and it gives you so much exposure. I've had a lot of friends/acquaintances first listen to the album so they can decide if they want to purchase it if they really like it... it's a fair deal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.veilofdeception.com
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Spotify - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 4:19 am

Spotify Premium has almost completely stopped my CD/vinyl collecting. Almost everything is there, for the price of half a CD a month.

Not sure if i`m typical, but i don`t think many buy physical products anymore. I still buy from my favorite artists and Stormspell. Wonder how record labels makes money these days.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Spotify - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 6:52 am

I just un-installed Spotify from my home PC. I never used it so it was just taking up space on my hard drive.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Spotify - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 7:04 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I just un-installed Spotify from my home PC. I never used it so it was just taking up space on my hard drive.

Yeah there`s not much point in having it on your computer. I only use it on my phone.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Spotify - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 10:25 am

Olafsto wrote:

Yeah there`s not much point in having it on your computer. I only use it on my phone.

I tried putting Spotify on my phone when I first signed up for it years back, but it never worked - the phone I had at the time was a cheap piece of crap that couldn't handle it. Anytime I tried to run the app, the phone would freeze up, so I just gave up on it. I've had several other phones since then, and my current one probably would be able to run it OK, I just never bothered.

I used to use Spotify quite a bit when I was on my PC at home, but once the "newness" of having it wore off I just kind of forgot I even had it, haha. I'm not even sure what my password for it is anymore!

Screw it, I'm an old goat who still loves my CDs. This streaming nonsense is the Devil's work, I sez. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Spotify - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 11:56 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Olafsto wrote:

I tried putting Spotify on my phone when I first signed up for it years back, but it never worked - the phone I had at the time was a cheap piece of crap that couldn't handle it.  Anytime I tried to run the app, the phone would freeze up, so I just gave up on it. I've had several other phones since then, and my current one probably would be able to run it OK, I just never bothered.

I used to use Spotify quite a bit when I was on my PC at home, but once the "newness" of having it wore off I just kind of forgot I even had it, haha. I'm not even sure what my password for it is anymore!

Screw it, I'm an old goat who still loves my CDs. This streaming nonsense is the Devil's work, I sez. Laughing very hard

lol!
With Spotify and a good smart phone you really don`t need CD`s. but i`m not much different, and i`m even older than you Crying or Very sad .. So none of my CD`s and vinyls are going anywhere...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Spotify - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 12:43 pm

By the way, I still stand by this statement I made in 2011. Very Happy

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Spotify" sounds like a disease.

"We're sorry, Mr. Jones, but your testicles are completely Spotified. We'll have to remove your entire nut sack."

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Spotify - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 12:45 pm

Whew, glad I don't do Spotify.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Spotify - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 1:29 pm

I have it on my phone but don't use it too much on a regular basis.

I did come in handy a few times over the holidays though. It was a quick and easy way to pull up background Christmas music and run it through a Bluetooth speaker during family dinners or get-togethers.

Metal novice
Metal novice
zlogdan

Number of posts : 24

Spotify - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 12:51 pm

I used to use it, it was pretty good. But the company phone offered me deezer for the same price and I would not be charged the data transfer using the app at my mobile. I usually hear stuff there when the band pops in my mind or when it is too expensive to buy at Google Play Music.

Some of the geographic region restrictions are annoying ( for example I do not have access to earlier Exciter albums, my favorite ones ).
Back to top Go down
http://zlogdan.blogspot.com
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

Spotify - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 9:29 am

So the entire Def Leppard catalog (and I do mean complete, they even have the Def Leppard EP!) is finally up on Spotify. Hopefully next will be the rest of the Dio albums (they used to be up way back in the day, but now they only have the Warner Bros. era albums).
Back to top Go down
zlogdan
Metal novice
Metal novice
zlogdan

Number of posts : 24

Spotify - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 10:04 am

Hadley wrote:
So the entire Def Leppard catalog (and I do mean complete, they even have the Def Leppard EP!) is finally up on Spotify. Hopefully next will be the rest of the Dio albums (they used to be up way back in the day, but now they only have the Warner Bros. era albums).

I need to check it. I have only Deezer installed on my phone. That is great news indeed!

Edit:
GOD WOW WOW WOW It is also available at Deezer!!!!!!
Thanks!

I used to check nearly every week for Def Leppard! Google play music has them as well.
Np Def Leppard High 'N' Dry

ps: I was really looking forward to this! I have just bought the digital albums of the first three albums! Spotify - Page 3 25679 Spotify - Page 3 604261
Back to top Go down
http://zlogdan.blogspot.com
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Spotify - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2019 6:29 pm

I find it strange how a lot of performers, particularly lesser known unsigned/independent performers, have their songs on Spotify/iTunes one day, but not the next. What's with that?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Spotify - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2019 9:28 pm

Normally I listen to metal on CDs or just saved files on my phone. However when I want to change things up and listen to some big band or something I listen to the Ultra Lounge playlist for some great stuff from the 40's and 50's on Spotify
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spotify - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spotify
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3