Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spotify

Go down 
+24
Olafsto
Ravenscraig
kyleblack
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
James B.
jettafiend
JBall_Z
EvyMetal
Lurideath
DeathCult
mr.electric39
Hadley
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
chewie
Alex Dee Rokket
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
325ad
mc666
Metal Misfit
GrandNational
snooloui
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Spotify - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 8:12 pm

You can sync your iPod, iPhone and Android but the PC version can't play CDs? Spotify - Page 2 19976

Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

Spotify - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 9:27 pm

I was checking out some Pride of Lions earlier today (they have two of their albums on Spotify) but it seems that every single song name is wrong (i'm guessing they're names from another album). It's stuff like this they need to sort out as it's really annoying.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Spotify - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 9:32 pm

I really like this app so far, have yet to upgrade, and I may not, but it's pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Spotify - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 2:03 pm

Well I am really liking this Spotify program, but its ox manur that it don't work unless I am signed into facebook. Thats a load of shat!!!
Back to top Go down

Spotify - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 4:29 pm

I used it prior to linking it with my facebook account and didn't have any issues. I signed up with my email address initially.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Spotify - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 4:41 pm

One of my employees uses it all the time. I checked to see if Ultimatum was on there and there are three albums on there.

He complains a lot that bands that were formerly on there are suddenly no longer. His latest gripe was that Pink Floyd's catalog had been removed.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Spotify - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 4:46 pm

How big are your checks coming in from Spotify? I'm asking because even Lady Gaga, one of their most popular artists is making peanuts from it.

Did your label approve your inclusion on there?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Spotify - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 5:11 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
How big are your checks coming in from Spotify? I'm asking because even Lady Gaga, one of their most popular artists is making peanuts from it.

Did your label approve your inclusion on there?

Haven't seen a dime. Retroactive must have put the albums up because it's the three that they released that are up.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Spotify - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 5:25 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Haven't seen a dime.

Welcome to the future of the music "industry".

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Spotify - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 5:27 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Haven't seen a dime.

Welcome to the future of the music "industry".

Haha! Can't ever remember making a dime off music. lol! It's never been about money for us or we would have given up long ago.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Spotify - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 5:36 pm

Interesting to hear.

I love Spotify but seeing as how the (free) basic service gives you all you really need, I didn't think ANY artist would be getting much money from Spotify. They are running ads on it now that promote that every song played is money to the artist. Razz
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Spotify - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 5:36 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Haha! Can't ever remember making a dime off music. lol! It's never been about money for us or we would have given up long ago.

The difference is that now you will not only not "make" a dime, you'll never even receive one.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Spotify - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 5:38 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
They are running ads on it now that promote that every song played is money to the artist. Razz

(paraphrased from Spinal Tap)

"Artists receive a stipend ... which is like money except it's too small to actually call it .... money ...."
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Spotify - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 6:26 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:
They are running ads on it now that promote that every song played is money to the artist. Razz

(paraphrased from Spinal Tap)

"Artists receive a stipend ... which is like money except it's too small to actually call it .... money ...."

Indeed!

Spotify - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 7:52 pm

Spotify is only 'free' for the first 6 months, then you either pony up for one of the subscription plans...or they limit your monthly listening to 17 hours or something like that.

They have to make a profit, so 6 months of free music is a pretty fair trade off.

Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

Spotify - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 10:12 pm

Is it similar to Grooveshark.com?
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

Spotify - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 1:14 pm

Roadrunner Records recently conducted a poll on their website asking fans how they prefer to listen to music, i.e. itunes, Spotify, physical media etc. The overwhelming majority of voters preferred physical media (cd's, vinyl). At first, I was surprised, but then I thought, that's metalheads for ya. I'm sure casual music fans, and top 40 fans would vote differently.

As for me, I've come full circle, I started out listening to vinyl and 8-tracks (so many years ago), then cassettes, cd's and mp3's. Now I'm back to buying vinyl again.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Spotify - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 11:29 pm

Even though I'm far behind cuz all the cool kids are already using this Spotify thingy, I didn't take the plunge till today. Seems like a fun little toy thus far. They've got the new Warrior Soul album up which isn't available in the U.S. yet so I'm givin' that a whirl.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

Spotify - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 11:56 pm

In love me some spotify, I have found several new bands on there (Ramouns, The Rekoning) and even a few that I forgot about and revisited (Paradise Lost). I still am trying to purchase as many physical copies as I can and this way I can demo them first. I especially like the tab that features similar artists as this is a fantastic search feature.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Spotify - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 10:47 am

I can see the appeal, but it takes the fun out of the whole listening to music trip that I have developed over the years. In a way it seems like cheating

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Spotify - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 10:57 am

The last thing I need is another way to discover new music. The recommendations I get from here and Amazon are putting big enough dents in my budget. Laughing

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Spotify - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 11:08 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
The last thing I need is another way to discover new music. The recommendations I get from here and Amazon are putting big enough dents in my budget. Laughing

I doubt I'll use it very often, just something to preview new stuff I haven't gotten my hands on yet. I've never really gotten into the habit of listening to music while I'm on the computer.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Spotify - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 11:10 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I doubt I'll use it very often, just something to preview new stuff I haven't gotten my hands on yet. I've never really gotten into the habit of listening to music while I'm on the computer.

I don't use it a lot...usually only when I'm on my home computer just to check out something new or something I'm unfamiliar with. I don't have the app on my phone or anything.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Spotify - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 11:12 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I don't use it a lot...usually only when I'm on my home computer just to check out something new or something I'm unfamiliar with. I don't have the app on my phone or anything.

Yeah, I don't either (my phone's not 'smart" enough to handle it, haha)... just on my PC at home...and I spend maybe an hour or so on that in the evenings tops, in between doing other stuff...

I did check out that new one by The Sword on Spotify last night though (after reading about it on this here forum earlier in the day) ... me likee. Gonna have to pick up that CD.

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Spotify - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 11:14 am

So....................how was Kory and Company ?

Spotify - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotify   Spotify - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spotify
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next