Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need help with Spotify!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

Need help with Spotify! Empty
PostSubject: Need help with Spotify!   Need help with Spotify! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 10:49 pm

I accidently signed up for spotify's premium service, but now i cant cancel my subscription to it (im still on the free trial period). I went to the FAW and here's what i got:

Unless you cancel during the trial period, your Premium subscription automatically begins at the regular monthly rate. This is stated when the trial is started. If you would like to cancel your subscription or trial, follow these steps:

Go to your Subscription page.
Click View your options.

Select Click here to continue to the cancellation page.
Choose a reason for unsubscribing.
Click Cancel subscription.
Enter your Spotify password.
Click Cancel Spotify Premium subscription.

Done! Your Premium has now been cancelled. You can now listen to Spotify's free service with ads. And you're welcome back to Premium anytime!

I couldnt find this "view your options" page anywhere. Can someone help me (note, i do NOT want this to turn into a debate about spotify. ALL I WANT is technical support).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Spotify!   Need help with Spotify! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 11:43 pm

In the top right corner of the Spotify program there is an arrow that points down.  

Click on the arrow and select "account".  

It will open your account in a separate browser tab.

On the left hand side of the accounts window you'll see a link for "Subscription".

I believe the options will be on that page.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Spotify!   Need help with Spotify! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 12:04 am

SD, I did just that, but there is no option to cancel my subscription. I do not want to get charged for this service.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Spotify!   Need help with Spotify! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 12:12 am

I am on the free subscription so I am unable to see the screens you are looking for. You need to contact their support.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Spotify!   Need help with Spotify! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 6:31 am

Hmmmm... A few years ago I subscribed (for the $4.95 a month option). I kept it for 3-4 months then cancelled when I can pretty much hear the stuff for free with commercials here and there. Since I am basic I cannot see much either but try this: (and click "Enlarge Image" so you can read it better).

Need help with Spotify! Spot1bd6c
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Spotify!   Need help with Spotify! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 1:02 pm

Well, i just e-mailed them and they responded and reassured me that it'll go back to free once the 7 day trial is over, so thats a relief.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Spotify!   Need help with Spotify! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 7:39 am

Good. When I cancelled mine I think it was at the end of the month. I don't know if they still do the 4.95 a month plan but at that time "free" listening was limited to 10 hours. I listened at work and would use up 10 hours in now time. But decided to stop paying after 3 months or so and just use the free service (and I think the 10 hour rule is gone).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Spotify!   Need help with Spotify! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need help with Spotify!
Page 1 of 1