Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment

Go down 
+11
Mglaffas81
Gilbert
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
Eyesore
DallasBlack
krokus
exact33
Metallic Blaze
kmorg
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 9:49 pm

exact33 wrote:
i imagine a new slew of remasters will come out now that they are done as a band...

Hope so, or I'll have to settle for MP3s.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 3:49 am

I need to fill the holes in my Running Wild collection for sure.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 8:18 am

My fav RW cd is Black Hand Inn.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 11:34 am

Running Wild - either Pile Of Skulls or the Rivalry (too close to call)

Grave Digger - The Grave Digger (top notch from beginning to end)

and the subject of this thread - Metus Mortis (although I do have some gaps in the collection)
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 11:39 am

exact33 wrote:
My fav RW cd is Black Hand Inn.

headbanger The only RW album I managed to get before price on the other's skyrocketed. One of the best metal CDs bar none featuring one of my favorite metal songs, Fight The Fire Of Hate.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 3:51 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I agree that german metal is supreme. My favourite bands are all german: udo, accept, helloween, grave digger, rage, kreator, sodom...

There are also great German bands that I think are highly underrated and often times overlooked, i.e. Axxis and Domain.

There is also the highly talented and origional band In Extremo. Though metal is just as part of their music.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 5:08 pm

I really like Brainstorm - saw them opening for Primal Fear in 2009, and have been a fan ever since - Downburst is probably my favourite album of theirs, mainly because it has two of my favourite songs of theirs, Falling Spiral Down and Fire Walk With Me - I like all their stuff though, my least favourite being Liquid Monster. Long Live Brainstorm!v headbanger
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 1:53 am

Eyesore wrote:
Man, I thought the last one was excellent, better than Downburst. But I seem to be in the minority there.

IMO It's good but not quite as good as Downburst which is not as good as Liquid Monster which is not as good as Soul Temptation. That's as far as my Brainstorm collection goes.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 12:34 am

Good tune, but I'm beginning to miss the faster Brainstorm. They're getting old and thoughtful! Haha.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 10:08 am

your right - on both counts.

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 10:16 am

That was great!! Perhaps the best new song I've heard so far this year!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 12:56 pm

Yeah, a good song.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 1:26 am

Can't wait to get this one.

So much great metal coming from Germany headbanger
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 7:31 pm

New tune:

BRAINSTORM - Where Your Actions Lead You To Live by AFM Records

If you see only code, go to your profile, click Preferences, and check off the Yes button next to Always allow HTML.

Not a bad tune. Me digs. headbanger
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 7:37 pm

Eyesore wrote:
New tune:

BRAINSTORM - Where Your Actions Lead You To Live by AFM Records

If you see only code, go to your profile, click Preferences, and check off the Yes button next to Always allow HTML.

Not a bad tune. Me digs. Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment - Page 2 11840

Eh, I think that song is OK. It doesn't make me wait breathlessly for this album however.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 2:43 pm

This is another solid album. More like the latest albums, more mid-paced, you know. But very good.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 3:56 pm

The first song posted is still the best on the album, imo. I think the songwriting is starting to get a little stale in this band, which is really unfortunate, because they are one of my favorite bands!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 4:01 pm

I don't know about stale. I think they're still writing good songs, they're just nothing new. Each album is too similar to the previous, maybe.

Then again, I think you didn't care for the last album while I thought it was a big step up from Downburst.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 4:03 pm

Yup, you are correct. The last one was pretty boring too, sadly. I hope this new one grows with repeated listening!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 4:06 pm

kmorg wrote:
Yup, you are correct. The last one was pretty boring too, sadly. I hope this new one grows with repeated listening!
I loved Memorial Roots. And I think the new one is really good. Definitely not boring, in my opinion.

I wonder, though, are we just expecting too much after Liquid Monster? That album was so damn catchy! Their previous albums weren't that catchy, aside from a handful of songs on each. And the albums since are basically the same: each one having a couple really catchy tunes.

So I wonder if we'd feel the same way if they never released Liquid Monster?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 4:12 pm

I actually think you are on to something, Ken. It's like we've been spoiled. Another aspect I think was missing from Memorial Roots was the emotional vocal delivery. It's there in the song in the video from the new album, but it is not there in any of the other songs on the new album, imo. On previousl efforts there were several such songs. "Beyond My Destiny" is a perfect example of this, "All Those Words" is another.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 5:59 pm

Eyesore wrote:
kmorg wrote:
I loved Memorial Roots. And I think the new one is really good. Definitely not boring, in my opinion.

I wonder, though, are we just expecting too much after Liquid Monster? That album was so damn catchy! Their previous albums weren't that catchy, aside from a handful of songs on each. And the albums since are basically the same: each one having a couple really catchy tunes.

So I wonder if we'd feel the same way if they never released Liquid Monster?

I think you nailed it. I had other Brainstorm albums before LM and was lukewarm to them. Then LM came out and I was blown away. Subsequent Brainstorm albums have me back at lukewarm.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 11:51 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Man, I thought the last one was excellent, better than Downburst. But I seem to be in the minority there.

I totally agree. Memorial Roots will be hard to top. Spur of the moment is a very good, very solid album, but memorial rootsis still better IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 12:30 am

I ordered the new one, the import with two bonus tracks, through CD Inzane on Thanksgiving night. Hopefully it arrives soon.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 8:26 am

Eyesore wrote:
I ordered the new one, the import with two bonus tracks, through CD Inzane on Thanksgiving night. Hopefully it arrives soon.

if you ordered from cdinzane i hope it arrives. period Razz

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next