Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment

Go down 
+11
Mglaffas81
Gilbert
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
Eyesore
DallasBlack
krokus
exact33
Metallic Blaze
kmorg
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment Empty
PostSubject: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 5:13 am

A new album is due out soon! I didn't know about this, and could not be happier. Link to new coverart, tracklist and sound clip below.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=161170

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 5:56 am

new Brainstorm is always a good thing to this fan.

Though I'm not quite as into power metal as I used to be ... Brainstorm does seem to be among the leaders of the pack to me.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 9:47 am

it sounds better than the last one. I am interested in getting this.

krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 2:50 pm

Sounds better than last one but also they look better, more metal then before, always a + imo.
This will come out in 3 editions. Normal, digipack l.edition and in a very special box with extras edition.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 7:12 pm

I'll get the "When I Can Afford It" edition. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 1:57 pm

Man, I thought the last one was excellent, better than Downburst. But I seem to be in the minority there.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 4:30 pm

Liquid Monster is my favorite from them.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 6:04 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Man, I thought the last one was excellent, better than Downburst. But I seem to be in the minority there.

I'll give it another spin, maybe I'll change my mind about it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 6:28 pm

exact33 wrote:

Ditto.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 8:36 pm

Haven't been dissapointed by these guys yet. Looking forward to this one.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 8:58 pm

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Ditto.

Ditto x 2!

In fact, Liquid Monster is one of my favorite albums, period. They perfected powermetal on that one.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 9:09 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Ditto.

Ditto x 2!

In fact, Liquid Monster is one of my favorite albums, period. They perfected powermetal on that one.

While I wouldn't go that far, it is an awesome album. I however, prefer Sould Temptation (Shiva's Tears is probably their best song IMO).
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 9:58 pm

My fave Brainstorm is "Downburst". Love that friggin' platter.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 2:36 am

I love brainstorm. After Rage, they are one of those german bands i'm developing a taste for lately.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 2:50 am

I like German metal probably better than any. Sweden and the USA would come in next though.

Having said that there is one German band I cannot seem to stand. Grave Digger. I love Brainstorm and Running Wild from here to the metal universe and back again. But some reason I just can't stand Grave Digger. I guess it's the vox.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 2:55 am

I agree that german metal is supreme. My favourite bands are all german: udo, accept, helloween, grave digger, rage, kreator, sodom...
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 3:05 am

Gilbert wrote:
I agree that german metal is supreme. My favourite bands are all german: udo, accept, helloween, grave digger, rage, kreator, sodom...

Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment 604261

some of my faves are German too:

Kreator, Sodom, Leaves' Eyes, Running Wild, Helloween, UDO, Accept, Brainstorm, Avantasia, etc, etc.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 8:11 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I like German metal probably better than any. Sweden and the USA would come in next though.

Having said that there is one German band I cannot seem to stand. Grave Digger. I love Brainstorm and Running Wild from here to the metal universe and back again. But some reason I just can't stand Grave Digger. I guess it's the vox.

Grave Digger is one my favorite bands period. I really enjoy Running Wild a lot as well but GD are one of the best in my book.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 12:32 pm

exact33 wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

Grave Digger is one my favorite bands period. I really enjoy Running Wild a lot as well but GD are one of the best in my book.

I'm right there with ya !
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 7:23 pm

007 wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

cheers

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 7:25 pm

exact33 wrote:
007 wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment 495333

Razz to Grave Digger.

Popeye doing metal doesn't appeal to me.

Yet for some strange reason, I enjoy Popeye doing punk:

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 7:28 pm

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:
007 wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment 495333

Razz to Grave Digger.

Popeye doing metal doesn't appeal to me.

Yet for some strange reason, I enjoy Popeye doing punk:

its diet popeye music thank you very much!!

Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 8:14 pm

yeah, that's the thing about Grave Digger - he sounds way too much like Popeye.

I have no such problems with Running Wild though.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 8:31 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
yeah, that's the thing about Grave Digger - he sounds way too much like Popeye.

I have no such problems with Running Wild though.

The only problem I have with Running Wild is that their CDs are too expensive (even used).
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 8:34 pm

i imagine a new slew of remasters will come out now that they are done as a band...

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment   Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brainstorm - On The Spur Of The Moment
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next