Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what was the first artist you really became a fan of?

Go down 
+40
arachnoplasma
jettafiend
TheDoctor'sScarf
Joe
Mglaffas81
shamgar75
holydiver97595
scottmitchell74
Portharbor
Highway Star
DeathCult
jstate
Leatherface
Doomdance
chewie
snooloui
stepcousin
The_Jayroh
MetalGuy71
Jesusandmetal23
Stender
adrian
Troublezone
Addy
bassman
Schbopo
James B.
Fat Freddy
redbroyer
Olafsto
Tur-Thalion
QuothTheRaven
tohostudios
kmorg
Wurthless
mc666
exact33
manny
Metallic Blaze
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

what was the first artist you really became a fan of?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: what was the first artist you really became a fan of?    what was the first artist you really became a fan of?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 3:18 am

I guess what my parents raised me on. The earliest memories I have of listening to music was the Allman Brothers, Phil Keaggy, Grand Funk Railroad, and Hendrix. I could say that my favorite in those early years was Allman Brothers.

My first real "favorite band" was Aerosmith though.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: what was the first artist you really became a fan of?    what was the first artist you really became a fan of?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 7:49 am

KISS for me. I don't even really remember how I got into them but I'm sure it was due to the kid across the alley from me (who was 3 years older than I am but we still hung out together) being a huge KISS fanatic at the time. My 10th birthday gift from my parents was the Ace Frehley solo album (and I still have it too). I still remember that like it was yesterday.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: what was the first artist you really became a fan of?    what was the first artist you really became a fan of?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 9:53 am

Not metal in the least bit...Huey Lewis & the News.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: what was the first artist you really became a fan of?    what was the first artist you really became a fan of?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 10:06 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Not metal in the least bit...Huey Lewis & the News.

what was the first artist you really became a fan of?  - Page 2 Th_nelson-haha

Sorry, couldn't resist. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: what was the first artist you really became a fan of?    what was the first artist you really became a fan of?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 10:08 am

Touché.

what was the first artist you really became a fan of?  - Page 2 Bruce%20Fencer%20(7)

Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

PostSubject: Re: what was the first artist you really became a fan of?    what was the first artist you really became a fan of?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 11:06 am

I grew up in a Christian home as well, and I remember liking some of my dad's music which consisted of Petra and Russ Taff for the most part. There was also DC Talk and I remember liking them a lot as well. I wouldn't have called myself a fan of any of those bands though. I would say the first band that I truly became a fan of was probably *gasp* Slipknot.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: what was the first artist you really became a fan of?    what was the first artist you really became a fan of?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 8:46 pm

music was a part of my life since before i can remember. AM, FM radio and parents and siblings records since the early 70's. In '75 I started spinning my sisters records, stuff like Aerosmith, Rush, Kiss, Eagles, etc....My first record was Foghat "Fool For The City" and then Thin Lizzy "Johnny The Fox".

Up until the time I was about 11 I never felt the need to buy any records because my friends and my own household had plenty of music plus I never had any money as a kid, except like 50 cents for candy (back in 1978 that was alot of money for candy).

When Van Halen II came out I felt the need to get it and also in 1980 "Women And Children First" as well so I suppose Van halen was the first band I really pursued financially. When I was 13 I got a summer job and the dam broke wide open and I got every Rush, Judas Priest, a few April Wine and AC/DC too.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: what was the first artist you really became a fan of?    what was the first artist you really became a fan of?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 5:12 am

I didn't get into music until about 2 or 3 years ago. Before that I really had just heard the few bands that my dad listened to. The first band I really got into was Iron Maiden, I bought all of their albums and tried to collect singles etc.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: what was the first artist you really became a fan of?    what was the first artist you really became a fan of?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 5:13 am

snooloui wrote:
I didn't get into music until about 2 or 3 years ago. Before that I really had just heard the few bands that my dad listened to. The first band I really got into was Iron Maiden, I bought all of their albums and tried to collect singles etc.

great first band to get into!

what was the first artist you really became a fan of?  - Page 2 604261
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: what was the first artist you really became a fan of?    what was the first artist you really became a fan of?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 8:46 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:

Then I bought a Bon Jovi and Britny Fox album (my first secular music) and ma and pa went ballistic! I had officially became 'satanic' because of this.

Britny Fox? Oh yeah, you were totally in league with Satan, dude. Very Happy

Or maybe that should be "in league with Satin?"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what was the first artist you really became a fan of?    what was the first artist you really became a fan of?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 10:37 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Or maybe that should be "in league with Satin?"

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: what was the first artist you really became a fan of?    what was the first artist you really became a fan of?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 12:12 pm

what was the first artist you really became a fan of?  - Page 2 201269

that's just how religious the home I was raised in was ...
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: what was the first artist you really became a fan of?    what was the first artist you really became a fan of?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 2:16 pm

Peter Frampton
Back to top Go down
Doomdance
Metal student
Metal student
Doomdance

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: what was the first artist you really became a fan of?    what was the first artist you really became a fan of?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 4:44 am

I started out with Queen, but that was bound to happen because my parents are devoted Queen fans, the bands that I discovered on my own are Europe & Kiss. Both bands still hold a very special place in my (music) heart.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: what was the first artist you really became a fan of?    what was the first artist you really became a fan of?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 8:11 am

good choices DD!!

Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: what was the first artist you really became a fan of?    what was the first artist you really became a fan of?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 4:26 am

The second band I seriously got into:

what was the first artist you really became a fan of?  - Page 2 Stryper
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: what was the first artist you really became a fan of?    what was the first artist you really became a fan of?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 10:31 am

The Police
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: what was the first artist you really became a fan of?    what was the first artist you really became a fan of?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 11:52 am

All started with Ozzie. Heard Flyin High Again on a K-tel comp and that's pretty much where my music fandom began.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: what was the first artist you really became a fan of?    what was the first artist you really became a fan of?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 12:55 pm

Elvis was the first music I really remember liking. From there, Mott The Hoople, Blue Oyster Cult, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, and the first metal band I went nuts over, Iron Maiden.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Highway Star
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Highway Star

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: what was the first artist you really became a fan of?    what was the first artist you really became a fan of?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 5:09 pm

Deep Purple-
I can still remember being about four or five and listening to my dad's 8-track of Machine Head with headphones.
Back to top Go down
Portharbor
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: what was the first artist you really became a fan of?    what was the first artist you really became a fan of?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 8:41 pm

The first band I ever got into was Green Day and then Nirvana. Once I heard \"thebandthatshallneverbementionedagain\" it was allll over for me Smile
Back to top Go down
Portharbor
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: what was the first artist you really became a fan of?    what was the first artist you really became a fan of?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 8:46 pm

LOL at the band that shall be mentioned again thing. Like em or hate em they are a big time gateway band and that's how alot of metalheads my age were introduced to heavy music.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: what was the first artist you really became a fan of?    what was the first artist you really became a fan of?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 9:51 pm

Portharbor wrote:
LOL at the band that shall be mentioned again thing. Like em or hate em they are a big time gateway band and that's how alot of metalheads my age were introduced to heavy music.

Holy sh*t you're 110 and didn't start listening to metal til the 90's?! FOR SHAME!
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: what was the first artist you really became a fan of?    what was the first artist you really became a fan of?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 11:22 pm

Good thread!

All genres...not first rock/metal band...and not talking about singles, but albums?

Cyndi Lauper

Pointer Sisters

Prince

Amy Grant

Lionel Richie

Phil Collins
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: what was the first artist you really became a fan of?    what was the first artist you really became a fan of?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 4:51 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Cyndi Lauper

what was the first artist you really became a fan of?  - Page 2 29150

I always liked Cyndi Lauper too. I wasn't allowed to buy her music when I was young (since it was secular), but since those days I've picked up a couple of her albums - and I like them. She's definitely one of the better of the 80s pop divas IMO. I like Madonna too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what was the first artist you really became a fan of?    what was the first artist you really became a fan of?  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what was the first artist you really became a fan of?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next