Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Amy Winehouse Dead?

Go down 
+17
Schbopo
Mglaffas81
Olafsto
QuothTheRaven
stepcousin
bassman
Metallic Blaze
snooloui
MetalGuy71
Addy
manny
metalinmyveins
Fat Freddy
exact33
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Amy Winehouse Dead? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse Dead?   Amy Winehouse Dead? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 10:52 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
This story does nothing to me - Not that I am denying her talent or anything, I just don't know much about her music - The only song I've ever heard of her's is "Rehab", and that song totally blows.
Why post, then?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse Dead?   Amy Winehouse Dead? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 10:57 pm

tohostudios wrote:
But at least she was unique and she had some talent.

Unlike Lady Gaga, MIley Cyrus, Brittany Spears and that ilk.

I wasn't a fan of her music either but I could still appreciate her vocals.
Lady Gaga, though I don't like her music, is absurdly talented. Not only at singing, but as a musician and most definitely at marketing. Just saying....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse Dead?   Amy Winehouse Dead? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 11:47 pm

I wasn't a fan, but I've heard her perform some standards and it was very refreshing.

She sounded like she had not only "heard of" Billie Holiday and Aretha...but also listened to them and understood it.

VERY few of her generation do.

Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse Dead?   Amy Winehouse Dead? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 1:38 am

Eyesore wrote:

Lady Gaga, though I don't like her music, is absurdly talented. Not only at singing, but as a musician and most definitely at marketing. Just saying....

Well I don't know about "absurdly". She's an okay singer who writes okay songs (abysmal lyrics though). I do agree about marketing though.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse Dead?   Amy Winehouse Dead? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 1:47 am

Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
But at least she was unique and she had some talent.

Unlike Lady Gaga, MIley Cyrus, Brittany Spears and that ilk.

I wasn't a fan of her music either but I could still appreciate her vocals.
i would put Gaga & Winehouse in the same catagory. as far as pop goes, they put out material with some flavor to it. not just bouncy dance sounds with an oversexed narration like Ke$ha & Brittney, etc. .

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse Dead?   Amy Winehouse Dead? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 2:16 am

Schbopo wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Well I don't know about "absurdly". She's an okay singer who writes okay songs (abysmal lyrics though). I do agree about marketing though.
This has nothing to do with songs. I'm not saying anything about quality songwriting as I don't like that crap. Haha. I'm simply talking about her ability to play and sing, and she's fantastic at both. Though that pop crap she does is hardly a showcase for either of those two things.

But if you look around enough—which no one will—you'll see what I mean.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse Dead?   Amy Winehouse Dead? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 8:15 pm

S.D. wrote:

She sounded like she had not only "heard of" Billie Holiday and Aretha...but also listened to them and understood it.

VERY few of her generation do.

+1 The material on her first album was more jazz oriented than pop. She was labeled jazz-punk for a while. I love your comment about her listening to history and understanding it. As a teacher of young minds, I hear more and more kids who don't know obvious artists from the past, even mainstream artists like the Beatles, or the Stones. In fact, just this morning, one of my high school students didn't know who Jimmy Buffett was. I threw a marker at her! Laughing
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse Dead?   Amy Winehouse Dead? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 3:30 am

RIP, however, with her lifestyle, this was inevitable.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse Dead?   Amy Winehouse Dead? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 6:18 am

Quote :
In fact, just this morning, one of my high school students didn't know who Jimmy Buffett was. I threw a marker at her!

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse Dead?   Amy Winehouse Dead? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Amy Winehouse Dead?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2