Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ONCE DEAD news...

Go down 
+5
Rex
kmorg
TheGooch
Thrasher73
ultmetal
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

ONCE DEAD news... Empty
PostSubject: ONCE DEAD news...   ONCE DEAD news... Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 9:50 am

Quote :
" It is with shock and dismay that we are forced to announce that Larry Farkas has decided to leave Once Dead. After the band recorded a majority of the album and made a commitment to sign with Open Grave Records, Larry decided he did not want to work with that label after all, and elected to quit. Larry’s desire was to release the album through Bryan Jay and I-tunes, which the remaining members of the band had agreed was not a viable alternative. Larry’s decision came as a great surprise to everyone involved, and was very unexpected. The remaining members of Once Dead share the same vision and devotion for this album and are committed to completing it for our incredibly loyal fans. We thank all of you for your continued support, and wish Larry well in all of his future endeavors.

Sincerely,

Once Dead "

Wow! That sucks for them. Larry was a BIG part of their sound.

ult
Back to top Go down

ONCE DEAD news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONCE DEAD news...   ONCE DEAD news... Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 10:01 am

I am a huge Glenn fan, and I am looking forward to the album, but it is
starting to sound like, maybe, they should be thinking of burying Once
Dead.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

ONCE DEAD news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONCE DEAD news...   ONCE DEAD news... Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 10:38 am

that sucks that Larry's dropping out but I still look forward to the release
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

ONCE DEAD news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONCE DEAD news...   ONCE DEAD news... Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 10:43 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
I am a huge Glenn fan, and I am looking forward to the album, but it is
starting to sound like, maybe, they should be thinking of burying Once
Dead.

Doug is the only guy left from the original DVD. However, I do hope they finish their CD. Glenn wrote some of the songs for the CD, as did Larry, so I know it will be good stuff. I have heard rough demos of some of the material. Fans of VR and Hirax should be pleased.

ult
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

ONCE DEAD news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONCE DEAD news...   ONCE DEAD news... Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 10:57 am

but ultmetal arent you in once dead. that is what it says on wikipedia?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

ONCE DEAD news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONCE DEAD news...   ONCE DEAD news... Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 11:08 am

TheGooch wrote:

No, I was given my walking papers a little less than a year ago. I sang my last show with them in September of last year.
Back to top Go down

ONCE DEAD news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONCE DEAD news...   ONCE DEAD news... Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 11:21 am

They have Doug Theime, Glen Rogers & Jim Chaffin and they should pack it in?? No way...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

ONCE DEAD news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONCE DEAD news...   ONCE DEAD news... Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 11:35 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
They have Doug Theime, Glen Rogers & Jim Chaffin and they should pack it in?? No way...

...and Angelo Espino (Hirax/Reverend/Uncle Slam)
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

ONCE DEAD news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONCE DEAD news...   ONCE DEAD news... Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 11:42 am

Man, this is starting to sound like a soap opera!

nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

ONCE DEAD news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONCE DEAD news...   ONCE DEAD news... Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 11:44 am

ultmetal wrote:
TheGooch wrote:

No, I was given my walking papers a little less than a year ago. I sang my last show with them in September of last year.

why were you given the walking papers may i ask to continue the "soap opera"

(do they have those in america?)
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

ONCE DEAD news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONCE DEAD news...   ONCE DEAD news... Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 11:53 am

I live too far away from the rest of the band and it was becoming a burden on the band that I could not be there for practices and such. It was also very expensive to be flying me back and forth for practices and shows. It made more sense for them to find a vocalist locally. This was their official reason that they gave me.

I also think they were a bit worried that the band would sound too much like Ultimatum with me behind the mic and they didn't want to be compared to Ultimatum. I know this was big concern of Larry's once the band decided to record new music.

I am still good friends with those guys. Who knows, maybe someday I'll be up there belting out "Mulligan Stew" with them again.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

ONCE DEAD news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONCE DEAD news...   ONCE DEAD news... Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 2:15 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I live too far away from the rest of the band and it was becoming a burden on the band that I could not be there for practices and such. It was also very expensive to be flying me back and forth for practices and shows. It made more sense for them to find a vocalist locally. This was their official reason that they gave me.

I also think they were a bit worried that the band would sound too much like Ultimatum with me behind the mic and they didn't want to be compared to Ultimatum. I know this was big concern of Larry's once the band decided to record new music.

I am still good friends with those guys. Who knows, maybe someday I'll be up there belting out "Mulligan Stew" with them again.

Yeah, probably much better to be compared to a metalcore band....... sick

Administrator
ultmetal

ONCE DEAD news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONCE DEAD news...   ONCE DEAD news... Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 2:18 pm

kmorg wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Yeah, probably much better to be compared to a metalcore band....... sick

LOL! Well, I know what you're saying, but the thing is, Once Dead and Ultimatum are playing a similar style of music, so the comparisons would probably made easier.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

ONCE DEAD news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONCE DEAD news...   ONCE DEAD news... Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 2:23 pm

I'm sorry if I sound bitter. But you know you were a huge reason why I was eager to support this band. I pre-ordered the CD, I ordered a t-shirt (that never came here), and I bought the DVD's. Now I am reluctant to even hop to ever see a finished CD.....

Administrator
ultmetal

ONCE DEAD news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONCE DEAD news...   ONCE DEAD news... Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 2:40 pm

kmorg wrote:
I'm sorry if I sound bitter. But you know you were a huge reason why I was eager to support this band. I pre-ordered the CD, I ordered a t-shirt (that never came here), and I bought the DVD's. Now I am reluctant to even hop to ever see a finished CD.....

Sorry Kmorg. You are not the only one. I was flooded with emails from people who were mad that they pre-ordered the CD thinking I was in the band. I just reassured them that the songs I heard sounded great and I didn't think they would be disappointed. Hopefully the CD does come out. I know it's been a year since those pre-orders were paid for.

You STILL didn't get the t-shirt? You need to go to the Once Dead thread at Firestream and let them know. They are sending free t-shirts (new design) to everyone who pre-ordered the CD.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

ONCE DEAD news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONCE DEAD news...   ONCE DEAD news... Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 8:48 am

I asked over at the Once Dead forum on http://www.undark.net if Larry's parts would be used, and Larry replied with this:

larryfarkas wrote:
Rexorcist wrote:
Will the parts that he's recorded still be on the record?

I hope not. I want to keep my songs and parts. I would NEVER take any of there songs or parts. I still want to finish what i started, but i don't sing so........
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

ONCE DEAD news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONCE DEAD news...   ONCE DEAD news... Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 8:50 am

Sounds like if they do as he seems like he's requesting, then this will be a HUGE & MAJOR set back.

I wonder also, by his comment at the end, if he also didn't like the new singer? (That may just be me reading to much into things though.)
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

ONCE DEAD news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONCE DEAD news...   ONCE DEAD news... Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 9:57 am

Yes, that would be MORE than a setback. Not only would they have to re-record all of Larry's parts, but they would also have to re-write songs to remove any riffs or ideas that Larry came up with. To me this sounds unrealistic. As a fan of the band, I would hope they would just leave Larry's stuff on the album and give him the proper credits. He was a BIG part of that band and it sucks that he is not longer with them. They survived losing Roger Dale, Glen and myself. Hopefully they can survive losing Larry as well. Now that Glenn Rogers is out of Hirax, it may be doable. I guess it's just a matter of of what the remaining original member Doug Thieme wants to do.

Ultimately, I am hoping they can work it all out and perhaps Larry can rejoin. That seems to me to be the best thing, but then I am just a wishful fan.

Last edited by on Wed May 23, 2007 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

ONCE DEAD news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONCE DEAD news...   ONCE DEAD news... Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 10:09 am

I hope so too,Ult.Then main reason I was looking forward to this release was because of Larry and his playing.Hopefully everything will work out
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

ONCE DEAD news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONCE DEAD news...   ONCE DEAD news... Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 12:23 pm

WOW! A lot more has transpired since I last read this thread. I do hope they can release something. I too think they should be able to work something out with Larry....keep his parts and give him full credit and a part of the royalties.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

ONCE DEAD news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONCE DEAD news...   ONCE DEAD news... Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 1:19 pm

ultmetal wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Sorry Kmorg. You are not the only one. I was flooded with emails from people who were mad that they pre-ordered the CD thinking I was in the band. I just reassured them that the songs I heard sounded great and I didn't think they would be disappointed. Hopefully the CD does come out. I know it's been a year since those pre-orders were paid for.

You STILL didn't get the t-shirt? You need to go to the Once Dead thread at Firestream and let them know. They are sending free t-shirts (new design) to everyone who pre-ordered the CD.

No, Doug has reassure d me twice that they have sent me a t-shirt. The 3rd time I told him not to bother....... I pre-ordered the CD, so hopefully they send me a t-shirt now...

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

ONCE DEAD news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONCE DEAD news...   ONCE DEAD news... Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 1:58 pm

About that free t-shirt thing. That is NOT a band operated thing. That is something that a fan is doing on his own for those that have preordered the album.

"Ghosts of Athanasius" is the guy doing it all. And from what I've read from him, he wants people to email or PM him about the t-shirt offer. Do NOT assume you will be getting one.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

ONCE DEAD news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONCE DEAD news...   ONCE DEAD news... Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 2:28 pm

At least they still have 2 guitarists and they don't have to go looking for another one.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

ONCE DEAD news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONCE DEAD news...   ONCE DEAD news... Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 3:50 pm

larryfarkas wrote:

I had six songs for the cd, but i'm going to keep my songs and write two or three more and put it out. because i already payed for the recording time. I don't know if any one will want it but........ I just need some one to sing on it. they don't need my songs they have alot of great stuff that everyone will love. they all can write songs so no need for my stuff. everyone will be very happy when they get voh cd. I wish them and all of you gods best.

OUCH! Six songs gone from the album, just like that.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

ONCE DEAD news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONCE DEAD news...   ONCE DEAD news... Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 3:59 pm

Ouch! Larry and Doug were the heart of Once Dead. Without Larry, hmmmmmm...I don't know. Glenn is a great thrash writer too. He wrote 99% of the recent Hirax material and I love that stuff. However, the vocals will make a big impact on that.

ONCE DEAD news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONCE DEAD news...   ONCE DEAD news... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ONCE DEAD news...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next