Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'

Go down 
+21
Temple of Blood
Metal Misfit
powermacho
chewie
Dark Horseman
manny
Infinite
James B.
Shawn Of Fire
DeathCult
Troublezone
martinsane
brokentulsa
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
arttieTHE1manparty
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
Metallic Blaze
lynch
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Psychotron
Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

Number of posts : 167

3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 5:05 pm

Laughing very hard That's right. TNA was the wrestling company, which is now Impact! Wrestling.

Actually when I look at it; it seems like maybe they were trying a cool way to spell "TAN", but that would be silly.

Maybe they should have named it UL&K...for "Under Lock & Key"
Back to top Go down
http://nicksmetal.blogspot.com
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

Number of posts : 415

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 9:28 pm

After hearing that track they should DEFINITELY be having Ripper singing on the entire album. Sounds better than the original.

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 9:44 pm

I don't think any of these tracks sound as good as Don's original vocals. Not even close.

To me, "Beast in the East" is just an amazing recording that they will never top.
Back to top Go down
Infinite
Metal student
Metal student
Infinite

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 11:27 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
I don't think any of these tracks sound as good as Don's original vocals. Not even close.

To me, "Beast in the East" is just an amazing recording that they will never top.

Did you mean "Back for the Attack"? "Beast" is live.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 11:41 am

"Beast" is as live as most live albums. Meaning probably not really at all.

No, I meant "Beast". I think it has all their best songs and the production is much better than the other recordings.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 7:41 pm

Chiggity check it:

Quote :

T&N reunites George Lynch, Jeff Pilson and “Wild” Mick Brown – aka “The Big Three” from Dokken - for this brand new 12 song disk that will surely be referred to as a classic in years to come! Returning to their roots, “Slave to the Empire” offers seven new original songs and five re-recorded classic Dokken songs that feature sensational vocal performances by Tim “Ripper” Owens, Doug Pinnick (Kings X), Sebastian Bach, and Robert Mason (Warrant). Add to the mix the hard hitting, multi-talented drumming of Brian Tichy and you’ve got yourself a major dose of awesome! This 12 song release is progressive, it's heavy, it’s dark, it’s bluesy, and each player’s performance is absolutely stellar. “Slave to the Empire” captures the spirit and magic from the classic metal genre, and is truly a work of art that will not disappoint! Official worldwide release date is set for October 31, 2012.

TRACK LISTING:
Slave to the Empire
Sweet Unknown
Tooth and Nail (featuring Doug Pinnick of Kings X)
It’s Not Love (featuring Robert Mason of Warrant)
Rhythm of the Soul
When Eagles Die
Into The Fire
Alone Again (featuring Sebastian Bach)
Mind Control
Kiss of Death (featuring Tim “Ripper” Owens)
Jesus Train
Access Denied

For pre-orders and audio samples please visit: www.ratpakrecords.com/TandN and www.slavetotheempire.com

For wholesale or media related inquiries please contact: iceraven@ratpakrecords.com

For bookings and appearances please contact Larry Morand: LT3Ent@aol.com
Sounds solid to me. Interesting takes on those classics, too. Doesn't sound like they're going to top the originals, but I always think it's best to make a cover song your own, and these sound really good. Hearing Bach sing on a classic 80s tunes make me miss his voice on that kind of music. =(

And Pilson sounds great, as always. On "Into the Fire," he sounds more like Don Dokken than Don Dokken does these days.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 9:35 am

Pretty good. I'd probably pick this up at some point. Not a priority, but the new songs sound decent enough and the re-records are good too.

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 12:05 pm

I might buy the Dug Pinnick track from iTunes, not really interested in the rest.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 12:15 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Have any metal bands gone gold in the last 5 years?

I read the other day that Anthrax's Worship Music just topped 100,000. Not quite Gold Record status these days, but that's gotta be worth bronze or copper, right?

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 12:38 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

I read the other day that Anthrax's Worship Music just topped 100,000. Not quite Gold Record status these days, but that's gotta be worth bronze or copper, right?

100,000 copies is Silver
500,000 copies is Gold
1,000,000 copies is Platinum
10,000,000 copies is Diamond

Combing through the RIAA website the only hard rock bands I could find certified Gold in 2012 were AC/DC for the Iron Man 2 soundtrack (AC/DC has 21 Gold records) and Nickleback (they have 6).

One thing to keep in mind is that you have to pay the RIAA to get a record certified, many labels and artists don't bother.

Back to top Go down
Psychotron
Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 12:55 pm

S.D. wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

100,000 copies is Silver
500,000 copies is Gold
1,000,000 copies is Platinum
10,000,000 copies is Diamond

Combing through the RIAA website the only hard rock bands I could find certified Gold in 2012 were AC/DC for the Iron Man 2 soundtrack (AC/DC has 21 Gold records) and Nickleback (they have 6).

One thing to keep in mind is that you have to pay the RIAA to get a record certified, many labels and artists don't bother.

Hmm...I didn't know you had to pay to get a record certified. I should have figured that's how it worked though. I also didn't know Silver was a certification either. I think the latest Five Finger Death Punch album was just certified Gold too, so you can add them.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 1:07 pm

Quote :
I think the latest Five Finger Death Punch album was just certified Gold too, so you can add them.

Just reading that last sentance made me weep blood from my eyeballs and stain my keyboard.

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 1:14 pm

The RIAA uses a specific accounting firm to "certify" that the sales figures are valid. So you have to pay that particular firm to do the research on your sales to verify they are accurate.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 2:20 pm

S.D. wrote:
I might buy the Dug Pinnick track from iTunes, not really interested in the rest.
That one sounds like the worst of the re-recordings.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 2:35 pm

Eyesore wrote:
S.D. wrote:
That one sounds like the worst of the re-recordings.

Pinnick is the only drawing point for me, I haven't listened to Dokken in 20 years, based on those samples that's not going to change.
Back to top Go down
Psychotron
Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 2:46 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
I think the latest Five Finger Death Punch album was just certified Gold too, so you can add them.

Just reading that last sentance made me weep blood from my eyeballs and stain my keyboard.

Tell me about it. It's pretty sad.

As for the T&N...I like these guys especially my boy George Lynch, so I'm looking forward to it.

Actually, I'm kinda surprised they didn't call the band George Lynch's Dokken or something like that. lol!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 12:36 am

Dug sounds a lot better than I expected him to on that song. I didn't think he'd fit, but it works. The original tune is kinda meh, though. And those drops in the verses are wicked annoying. The samples clip showed that there are way better songs than this one on the album, so I won't judge it based on this one tune.
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 1:58 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Dug sounds a lot better than I expected him to on that song. I didn't think he'd fit, but it works. The original tune is kinda meh, though. And those drops in the verses are wicked annoying. The samples clip showed that there are way better songs than this one on the album, so I won't judge it based on this one tune.

Dokken finally got a "little bit of soul"!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 4:08 pm

They may be over their head though.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 6:08 pm

Tooth & nail with Dug - Winning!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 6:21 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
They may be over their head though.

"everybody knows a little bit" in kick @$$ three part harmony

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 1:22 pm

3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 4 11840
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 6:55 pm

So i'm curious about those that picked this up. Do you listen to it? I actually find I play it more then I thought I would, just a fun album mostly and that's missing a lot in music these days.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 04, 2017 4:44 pm

I forgot about this one till it popped up as a recommendation from Amazon. Any thoughts on this album from someone that actually has it?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 04, 2017 5:04 pm

Some of the re-recordings are kind of interesting. The new songs are ok, but Jeff's vocals on them are bit bland. It was for that reason that they were going to bring in Michael Sweet as the lead vocalist for the follow-up album, but that ended up morphing into the Sweet & Lynch project.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next