Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'

Go down 
+21
Temple of Blood
Metal Misfit
powermacho
chewie
Dark Horseman
manny
Infinite
James B.
Shawn Of Fire
DeathCult
Troublezone
martinsane
brokentulsa
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
arttieTHE1manparty
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
Metallic Blaze
lynch
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 11:38 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
"T&N?" Sheesh.

Might as well release it as the second Lynch/Pilson album... at least then there'd be some name recognition. "T&N" means nothin' to nobody.

Exactly. Or go with another Dokken tune like Eyesore suggested or something that people might recognize. At the very least, folks might think it's a Dokken tribute band. Which it almost is anyway.Razz

Maybe they call their band Docken
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 11:38 am

manny wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
"T&N?" Sheesh.

Might as well release it as the second Lynch/Pilson album... at least then there'd be some name recognition. "T&N" means nothin' to nobody.

Exactly. Or go with another Dokken tune like Eyesore suggested or something that people might recognize. At the very least, folks might think it's a Dokken tribute band. Which it almost is anyway.Razz

Maybe they call their band Docken

Laughing very hard

Sure, why not? It's basically two Dokkens anyway!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 12:04 pm

They could take a cue from Jack Russell's Great White. I can see it now...

3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 2 Newsign

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 12:07 pm

Actually, this would probably be closer to the truth...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 12:10 pm

I could do this all day...

3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 2 Newsign.php?line1=FREE&line2=tickets&line3=for+T%26N&line4=%28psst..

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 12:13 pm

Hey look, George is serving breakfast at Don's favorite diner...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 12:15 pm

They got the tour bus prepped...

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 12:26 pm

That tour bus is too large, they'll be lucky to afford a U-Haul.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 12:27 pm

Last one, I promise...

3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 2 Newsign.php?line1=JP%3A+George%2C+Tooth+%26+Nail+is+out&line2=JP%3A+How+%27bout+Breakin%27+The+Chains%3F&line3=GL%3A+Nah.+How+%27bout+Mr.+Scary%3F&line4=JP%3A+I+don%27t+think+so&line5=JP%3A+Lynch%2FPilson+Mach+II%3F&line6=MB%3A+what+about+just+T%26N&line7=GL%3A+STFU+Mick.+You%27re+the+drummer..&line8=GL%3A+Noone+cares+what+you+say&line9=JP%3A+Hold+on+G%2C+he+might+be+onto+it&line10=GL%3A+T%26N%3F%3F%3F+Really%3F+WTF%3F&line11=GL%3A+whatev

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 12:28 pm

S.D. wrote:

Better?

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 12:36 pm

Sad that at their age they can't have a working relationship. I'm interested in the music but someone take MG's coffee away.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 12:39 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
..................... someone take MG's coffee away.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 12:43 pm

I'm fine.

3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 2 Coffee

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 12:47 pm

Tweaker. 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 2 320592
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 12:51 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Better?

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 1:05 pm

3/4 Dokken should tour with 3/4 Kyuss.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 2:06 pm

This line up would have trouble selling out a free show
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 2:10 pm

manny wrote:

No doubt. If they want to play together without Don they should just write some new material and come up with a new band name. They could always sprinkle some Dokken covers into their set.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 2:17 pm

S.D. wrote:
manny wrote:

No doubt. If they want to play together without Don they should just write some new material and come up with a new band name. They could always sprinkle some Dokken covers into their set.

I was under the impression that is what they're doing. Recording an album of new material with a coupla re-recorded Dokken tunes thrown in. Then I'm assuming they'll tour and do just that. Am I mistaken here?

EDIT: I was partially right I guess...

Quote :

Pilson, who now plays in Foreigner, is a very capable vocalist, taking the mic for the brilliant Lynch/Pilson album Wicked Underground in 2005. “When the Dokken reunion was not going to happen we just said, ‘Why don’t we just do this? This is way cooler,’” Lynch told Classic Rock Revisited. “Many years later, we are doing it and it is just for fun. It is half new material and it is half old Dokken material.”

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 2:30 pm

They'll be huge on the fair circuit. If they offer discount beer.

Saw Foreigner at a fair no less with the new line up, pretty good actually.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 2:39 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
They could take a cue from Jack Russell's Great White. I can see it now...

lol
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 2:43 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:

Jeff would probaly do better playing in Foreigner at this point, wouldn't he?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 2:52 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

Jeff would probaly do better playing in Foreigner at this point, wouldn't he?

Yes he would and he produced their last live album and over saw the sound on their live DVD, so I am surprised he is doing T & N. Don Dokken himself, just got signed to Frontier Records with his latest incarnation of Dokken, so IMO like Charlie Sheen he is win-in'
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 2:56 pm

Maybe Pilson wants to rock out a little more. I say kudos to him and if he can do both, great.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 3:42 pm

How about Lynch Dokken?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next