Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'

Go down 
+21
Temple of Blood
Metal Misfit
powermacho
chewie
Dark Horseman
manny
Infinite
James B.
Shawn Of Fire
DeathCult
Troublezone
martinsane
brokentulsa
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
arttieTHE1manparty
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
Metallic Blaze
lynch
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 4:11 pm

Eyesore wrote:
How about Lynch Dokken?

That is a bit mean spirited don't you think? I know these two men do not get along, but do we really need to lynch poor Dokken?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 4:20 pm

L.P.B.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 11:50 pm

It's just a name. There's Y&T, why not a T&N? I don't think the name is awful, just unremarkable but given this is 3/4 of the classic Dokken group, yeah, they should try to find another way to let people know who they are. That or as mentioned just make this Lynch/Pilson. But it's their bank accounts, not mine. I doubt this group will last long anyway.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 12:11 am

Why can't they name themselves Tooth and Nail even though there is a record label called that? That's not really a conflict.

It's a better name than "Dokken" anyway.
Back to top Go down
Infinite
Metal student
Metal student
Infinite

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 12:50 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Why can't they name themselves Tooth and Nail even though there is a record label called that? That's not really a conflict.

I thought the same thing when I heard about this. It's no secret that the owner of Tooth & Nail Records, Brandon Ebel, looks down his nose at hair bands; maybe he raised a stink just to spite them.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 12:54 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

It's a better name than "Dokken" anyway.
The label has the name trademarked.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 1:43 am

Infinite wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
I thought the same thing when I heard about this. It's no secret that the owner of Tooth & Nail Records, Brandon Ebel, looks down his nose at hair bands; maybe he raised a stink just to spite them.
Really? Maybe he owns a business and wants to protect his business, his intellectual property rights, etc. It's not like this band is made up of a bunch of no-names.
Back to top Go down
Infinite
Metal student
Metal student
Infinite

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 10:38 am

Eyesore wrote:

Really? Maybe he owns a business and wants to protect his business, his intellectual property rights, etc. It's not like this band is made up of a bunch of no-names.

Maybe. But to me, there's a difference between "Tooth & Nail Records" and "Tooth & Nail". I can't imagine anybody confusing the band with the record label, and while the band may not be a bunch of no-names, they're also not going to be burning up the charts and going platinum (or gold) either. They'll sell 30,000 units, tops. They would have zero impact on Tooth & Nail Records' business. They're not a competing label. Besides, their old band was associated with the phrase "Tooth & Nail" long before there was ever a record label. I get that the guy's got a trademark, but I think it's silly to think that they would have any effect on the label's business.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 10:47 am

30,000? Yeah right! lol!

Dude is definitely within his legal rights but as Infinite said, realistically, no one is going to confuse the two. Neither are households names and never will be. 'Tooth and Nail' isn't original, if I was him, I would've let it slide.
Back to top Go down
Infinite
Metal student
Metal student
Infinite

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 10:58 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
30,000? Yeah right! lol!

Hey, I'm an optimist! Laughing
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 12:21 pm

Infinite wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:
30,000? Yeah right! lol!

Hey, I'm an optimist! Laughing

yeah if every kid he (Lynch) inspired to turn the headstock downside up and play pentatonic scales bought a copy, maybe 30,000 isn't out of reach.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 5:45 pm

I think it will sell about 30,000, that would be what I am sure it is excepted, that is a long way from a gold record by the way
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 11:05 pm

In the age of the download I think they need to drop the numbers to be gold and platinum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 1:51 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
In the age of the download I think they need to drop the numbers to be gold and platinum.

Nah. It makes it a more impressive showing when they do reach those numbers. Albums still go gold and platinum, it's just harder to attain.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 12:09 pm

Have any metal bands gone gold in the last 5 years?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 12:52 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:

Very few "rock" bands hit those numbers any longer, dance music does. Rock and Metal doesn't sell nearly as well in the U.S. at this point in time, that could change...or it might not. Regardless, I don't think reducing the certification numbers would benefit anyone except the rock players whose egos have become bruised by the current music climate.

Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 1:16 pm

S.D. wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

Very few "rock" bands hit those numbers any longer, dance music does. Rock and Metal doesn't sell nearly as well in the U.S. at this point in time, that could change...or it might not. Regardless, I don't think reducing the certification numbers would benefit anyone except the rock players whose egos have become bruised by the current music climate.

Didn't they already lower those numbers during the late 70s depression and petroleum shortage years?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 1:29 pm

I couldn't find any data on that, I don't think they ever changed the certifications. The petroleum shortage is why so much vinyl from the late 70s/early 80s is paper thin crap though.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 7:49 pm

Sounds promising:

Ripper sounds awesome on "Kiss of Death." And Pilson on vocals is great. I never knew how much his vocals played a part in Dokken's sound until I heard the War & Peace albums.

For instance:

And at this point, Jeff blows Don away.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 11:11 pm

Sounds really good and they sing to be really enjoying themselves.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 9:21 am

Never been much more than a casual fan of Dokken or Lynch Mob, yet for some reason I'm looking forward to this album. Weird.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 9:23 am

me like

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 9:55 am

I refuse to believe "T&N" is the best name they could come up with.

Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 2:32 pm

When I see the name, I think T&A. Not sure if it's my dirty mind, but it's more natural to say that than T and N.
Back to top Go down
http://nicksmetal.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 4:59 pm

T&N makes me think of either a country band or a professional wrestling organization.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next