Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'

Go down 
+21
Temple of Blood
Metal Misfit
powermacho
chewie
Dark Horseman
manny
Infinite
James B.
Shawn Of Fire
DeathCult
Troublezone
martinsane
brokentulsa
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
arttieTHE1manparty
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
Metallic Blaze
lynch
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
lynch
Metal novice
Metal novice
lynch

Number of posts : 13

3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' Empty
PostSubject: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 11:39 pm

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/News/dokken-0711-2011/

Jeff Pilson more than proved his chops on 'Wicked Underground' and I think this is going to be a killer disc. headbanger I don't think 'Dump The Chump' is going to be the title, probably just George getting another jab in at Don.

Both Don and George seem to be going back and forth on why the Dokken reunion won't happen but since 3/4 of original Dokken don't seem to have ANY issues recording an album together, I guess we know where the problem lies....
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 3:00 am

This sounds like it might be pretty good!

I wish the whole band would just make things right though and reunite. It's never gonna be the same without that same chemistry on board.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 8:10 am

Dump The Chump - LOL!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 8:53 am

Hope it's better than that Lynch/Pilson album from a couple of years ago.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 9:27 am

I loved Lynch/Pilson, personally, so I will get this. The album name is stupid, though...

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 9:30 am

Hmmmm, has potential. I'd like to give it a listen to.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 11:18 am

007 wrote:
Hmmmm, has potential. I'd like to give it a listen to.

Same here. I wan't exactly blown away with the Lynch/Pilson project, but if these guys are going for a Dokken-like sound without Don, I'll give it a listen.

Dump the Chump, while initially pretty funny, it kinda jevenille for the album title. I hope they change their minds on that one.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 9:14 am

Bump for updates...

Quote :
The band is currently in the studio recording on album featuring new original material as well as reworked versions of DOKKEN classics. The CD, which is tentatively due in early 2012, will feature a guest appearance by former SKID ROW frontman Sebastian Bach on a cover of DOKKEN's "Alone Again".

After laying down his tracks earlier today (Thursday, December 15) at Pilson's studio, Bach tweeted, "[I] had a blast! I forgot how great the song is." He added, "Get ready for another ballad, because every bad boy has a soft side! Hahaha."

3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' Backdokken

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 4:13 pm

Like I mentioned somewhere here before, if Pilson is singing, he'll do a great job.

Don Dokken who?
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 6:22 pm

Tooth and nail sounds cool. I read recently that the official vocalist was going to be Jeff martin.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 9:56 pm

Sounds like it will be good and Pilson can sing. Don's voice is fairly beat up from what I've heard and the "Dump The Chump" tentative album title is great!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 10:06 pm

Dump the Chump is a stupid title. I'll be disappointed if they choose to be so childish.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 1:33 pm

Sounds like this might be good. I'm actually glad Don is not involved.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 10:00 am

Troublezone wrote:

I'd get this before I'd buy a new Don Dokken album

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 3:31 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Dug Pinnick is involved too!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 3:46 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Dug Pinnick is involved too!

Now I'm interested (mildly)
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 4:11 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Dump the Chump is a stupid title. I'll be disappointed if they choose to be so childish.

X2

I like this idea alot, doesn't matter to me at all that Don isn't involved. I HATE that tentative album title though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 3:48 am

So these dummies have gone and changed their name to T&N. Apparently Tooth And Nail Records has a trademark on the name. Understandable.

But why the hell don't they come up with something better than T&N? It's stupid. If they want a tribute to the classic Dokken era, why not call the band Kiss Of Death or Mr. Scary or Breaking The Chains or Lightning Strikes or Without Warning or Till The Livin' End or Dump The Frickin' Chump? Any one of those is better than T&N!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 8:13 am

T&N is stupid...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 9:46 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
T&N is stupid...

Geez, that's the best they could come up with? Hope the musics more creative.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 10:07 am

"T&N?" Sheesh.

Might as well release it as the second Lynch/Pilson album... at least then there'd be some name recognition. "T&N" means nothin' to nobody.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 10:44 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

. "T&N" means nothin' to nobody.

Let's see T & A was either "triumph and agony" or "titts and @$$"

So...........T & N must stand for "testicles and nutsack"

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 10:46 am

James B. wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

. "T&N" means nothin' to nobody.

Let's see T & A was either "triumph and agony" or "titts and @$$"

So...........T & N must stand for "testicles and nutsack"

Laughing very hard

T & N.... we have the balls to tell Don to go frak himself.....

Not that you need brass ones to do that!
Back to top Go down
Infinite
Metal student
Metal student
Infinite

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 11:01 am

Yeah, T&N is a horrible choice. They really need to just drop the whole Tooth and Nail thing if they have to abbreviate.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 11:27 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"T&N?" Sheesh.

Might as well release it as the second Lynch/Pilson album... at least then there'd be some name recognition. "T&N" means nothin' to nobody.

Exactly. Or go with another Dokken tune like Eyesore suggested or something that people might recognize. At the very least, folks might think it's a Dokken tribute band. Which it almost is anyway.Razz

PostSubject: Re: 3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'   3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail' Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3/4 of Dokken to reunite as 'Tooth and Nail'
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: