Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

White Wizzard New Album Update

Go down 
+16
Spiner202
Dellocatus
ultmetal
Wargod
Planchaaaa
Metal Misfit
stella
tohostudios
stormspell
exact33
speed101
Thrasher73
Witchfinder
nevermore
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

White Wizzard New Album Update - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 12:06 pm

It could just be a semi-ballad like Iron Maiden-Wasted Years or Metal Church-Watch The Children Pray.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 12:29 pm

i am enjoying the tune.

Planchaaaa
Metal novice
Metal novice
Planchaaaa

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 6:16 am

That 'Starchild' song is absolutely atrocious. It sounds like the background music from a slow-motion, soft-focus romantic montage in a 1980s teen movie starring Kirk Cameron.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 11:00 am

Got the promo yesterday. Will be putting up a review soon but my first impression is it's good. Starchild is the "Children Of The Damned" style ballad from the album and the rest is the traditional heavy metal we've come to expect from White Wizzard.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 8:00 pm

I love White Wizzard and this will be mine as well and hopefully on vynal!

Wargod52
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 12:03 pm

Really enjoying Flying Tigers. The second half of the album is outstanding. These guys had to be listening to their old Rush albums when they were writing these songs.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 12:10 pm

Dang. I'm really slacking on this one. I still need to pick up Flying Tigers.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 9:24 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Dang. I'm really slacking on this one. I still need to pick up Flying Tigers.

yep. its pretty good.

Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

Number of posts : 131

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 7:58 am

Dunno. I liked Over the Top a lot, but Flying Tigers fails to convince me...
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 8:22 am

Dellocatus wrote:
This is exactly how I feel. Over The Top was awesome, but the new one wasn't anywhere near as interesting.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 10:16 am

Spiner202 wrote:
Dellocatus wrote:
This is exactly how I feel. Over The Top was awesome, but the new one wasn't anywhere near as interesting.

You guy seriously gave this one a good listen? Flying Tigers is more interesting that Over the Top IMO, especially the second half of the album.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 10:35 am

ultmetal wrote:
Spiner202 wrote:
Dellocatus wrote:

You guy seriously gave this one a good listen? Flying Tigers is more interesting that Over the Top IMO, especially the second half of the album.

Agree with Ult - great album and IMHO their best one yet!
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 10:38 am

ultmetal wrote:
Spiner202 wrote:
Dellocatus wrote:

I've listened to it quite a few times, but only "Starchild" seems to have reached the greatness of the previous album. I understand that it's a more "mature" effort, but I just perceive it to be less fun. I'll definitely give it another listen though.
Back to top Go down
Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

Number of posts : 131

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 10:45 am

Okay, I definitely have to give it another listen. Maybe I'm wrong.

Edit: Why isn't Flying Tigers on Spotify anymore? I remember having listened to it that way...

Edit2: I still don't like the first half of the album. But I have to admit that there are a few good songs on the second part. But I still think its worse than Over the Top. Why? It feels like they're citing constantly themselfves - they are playing the same thing over and over again. I don't think that this is caused by their style of music. The songwriting is just monotonous. And that's the reason I like the first record: this one feels fresh while Flying Tigers sounds like another Over the Top. Nothing new on it, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 3:30 pm

All this White Wizzard talk I dug out my copy of Flying Tigers for a listen.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 11:02 pm

I cannot listen to this album without thinking of stormspell saying they borrowed the cover.

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:19 am

Love white wizzard. Over the top is one of my favourite tunes headbanger
Back to top Go down
allthingsmetal
Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 8:04 am

I really like this cd. The first half grabs me more than the second half. To me, the second half reminds me a lot of Vektor's style of song writing. Which is ok, it is just that Vektor does it really great.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 9:07 am

I like this one way more than OtT, which has like 2 great songs Razz.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard New Album Update   White Wizzard New Album Update - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

White Wizzard New Album Update
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2