Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

White Wizzard The Devil's Cut

Go down 
+10
BearOnUnicycle
Witchfinder
Dark Horseman
Gilbert
MetalGuy71
DallasBlack
Dellocatus
Wurthless
kethdredd
14 posters
AuthorMessage
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

White Wizzard The Devil's Cut Empty
PostSubject: White Wizzard The Devil's Cut   White Wizzard The Devil's Cut Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 8:18 pm

New album due out June 3rd. I really like this track, stripped down, galloping metal.

Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard The Devil's Cut   White Wizzard The Devil's Cut Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 9:23 pm

I really enjoy these dudes. Looking forward to it!
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard The Devil's Cut   White Wizzard The Devil's Cut Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 9:35 pm

Just listened to the clip, their new singer sounds really good. He's got a great falsetto. I'd say my favorite WW singer is still Luna, though.
Back to top Go down
Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

Number of posts : 131

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard The Devil's Cut   White Wizzard The Devil's Cut Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 9:02 am

Hmm, the new song is quite boring. The singer's not too bad. But they really should stop changing members like some underwear!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard The Devil's Cut   White Wizzard The Devil's Cut Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 9:59 am

The last one, while not a bad album, wasn't near as good as Over The Top. I'm hoping this one ups the quality.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard The Devil's Cut   White Wizzard The Devil's Cut Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 10:00 am

That new tune is ok, nothing blowing my socks off. I've enjoyed all their albums to various degrees up to this point, so I imagine this album will be no different. It won't be a top prioity but I'll get it at some point I'm sure.

It's unfortunate they can't seem to keep a consistant line-up, but it hasn't seemed to affect the music any.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard The Devil's Cut   White Wizzard The Devil's Cut Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 10:01 am

I've liked everything I've heard from these guys so I'm sure this one will be no different.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard The Devil's Cut   White Wizzard The Devil's Cut Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 2:51 pm

first two albums were very good. the posted new song is ok. i hope this will be a good release.
Back to top Go down
Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard The Devil's Cut   White Wizzard The Devil's Cut Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 3:16 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
It's unfortunate they can't seem to keep a consistant line-up, but it hasn't seemed to affect the music any.

No wonder - it's basically a one man band. I think this inconsistance will turn out to be a problem - there's plenty of competition in the genre now. They we're slightly ahead of this wave when they released their first record. But they didn't manage to benefit from it.

I liked Over The Top a lot. I even had it spinning this morning. Never got Flying Tigers though. Let's see what the new output will be like...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard The Devil's Cut   White Wizzard The Devil's Cut Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 3:38 pm

Dellocatus wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

No wonder - it's basically a one man band. I think this inconsistance will turn out to be a problem - there's plenty of competition in the genre now. They we're slightly ahead of this wave when they released their first record. But they didn't manage to benefit from it.

I liked Over The Top a lot. I even had it spinning this morning. Never got Flying Tigers though. Let's see what the new output will be like...

Yea, even if it's only one guy writing all the music, it's hard to build a fan-base when the other members are constantly rotating. Especially singers. That's gonna kill any momentum you build-up.

High Speed GTO is my favorite.

Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard The Devil's Cut   White Wizzard The Devil's Cut Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 5:08 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
That's gonna kill any momentum you build-up.

Exactly. And that's why I'm not interested in their output anymore. There are plenty of alternatives. I'll settle with these until they finally unite to a BAND.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard The Devil's Cut   White Wizzard The Devil's Cut Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 11:48 am

Flying Tigers went the way of meh. Striker is owning these guys now.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard The Devil's Cut   White Wizzard The Devil's Cut Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 12:39 pm

That song is boring. I hope the rest of the album is better than this. I really like this band but their constant vocalist changes are killing them.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard The Devil's Cut   White Wizzard The Devil's Cut Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 5:49 pm

Sounds decent, but not as good as their previous output.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard The Devil's Cut   White Wizzard The Devil's Cut Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 6:52 pm

I am really not liking the new vocalist. His voice is irritating.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard The Devil's Cut   White Wizzard The Devil's Cut Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 4:33 am

I think it's pretty good! Cover art is lame though.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard The Devil's Cut   White Wizzard The Devil's Cut Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 12:41 pm

On a similar note, anyone heard the new track Volture released with their new vocalist? I'm curious to hear what he sounds like...just keep forgetting to check out the song.

Their EP and the Rulebreaker single were great, so I'm interested in what the new stuff sounds like.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard The Devil's Cut   White Wizzard The Devil's Cut Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 9:03 pm

ill get this. i lik the clips and i have enjoyed their music.

Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard The Devil's Cut   White Wizzard The Devil's Cut Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 7:52 am

They don't get it anymore. Sorry, maybe it's just that I can't take them seriously anymore. It just does nothing for me... What a pity, I've been following them from the very first EP Sad

ZombieHavoc wrote:
On a similar note, anyone heard the new track Volture released with their new vocalist? I'm curious to hear what he sounds like...just keep forgetting to check out the song.

Their EP and the Rulebreaker single were great, so I'm interested in what the new stuff sounds like.
There you go: http://www.reverbnation.com/volture/song/17324118-on-the-edge
I like it a lot Smile
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard The Devil's Cut   White Wizzard The Devil's Cut Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 12:41 pm

Really love the first one while the second one didn't get the same response (not bad but not great either). It will be interesting to see (hear) what I think of this one when I get around to it in 2 months or so.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard The Devil's Cut   White Wizzard The Devil's Cut Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 4:49 pm

Sounds boring to me. High Speed GTO was a great EP, since then I haven't been that impressed.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard The Devil's Cut   White Wizzard The Devil's Cut Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 11:12 am

Dellocatus wrote:
They don't get it anymore. Sorry, maybe it's just that I can't take them seriously anymore. It just does nothing for me... What a pity, I've been following them from the very first EP Sad

I kinda feel the same way. This new stuff isn't doing much for me and with so many other bands out now doing the whole retro-metal thing, and in some cases doing it better, I don't feel the need to keep up with White Wizzard.

They started out strong, but have just been slipping further down little by little with each release. Consistancy with band members might help bring about some consistancy with the music.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard The Devil's Cut   White Wizzard The Devil's Cut Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 11:38 am

Finally listened to that new cut and while not bad, nothing is jumping out. Might pick it up on the cheap to check more out but they've slipped.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard The Devil's Cut   White Wizzard The Devil's Cut Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

White Wizzard The Devil's Cut
Page 1 of 1