Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

White Wizzard

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

White Wizzard Empty
PostSubject: White Wizzard   White Wizzard Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 12:57 pm

Bunch of young guys in California playing Classic Metal...check it out...

http://www.myspace.com/whitewizzard

🤘
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

White Wizzard Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard   White Wizzard Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 1:15 pm

They sound pretty good but they gotta change the name. A "White Wizzard" sounds like a treat you order at Dairy Queen. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

White Wizzard Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard   White Wizzard Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 1:29 pm

I think they're going for the tongue-in-cheek vibe anyway... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

White Wizzard Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard   White Wizzard Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 1:42 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I think they're going for the tongue-in-cheek vibe anyway... Laughing

Yea, I was kinda getting that retro-70s vibe from 'em too, kinda like "The Darkness" but not as over the top

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

White Wizzard Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard   White Wizzard Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 1:53 pm

I like 'em. They sound very NWOBHM-ish to these ears. They don't have a cd out yet do they? I didn't see anything, but I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down

White Wizzard Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard   White Wizzard Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 2:00 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I like 'em. They sound very NWOBHM-ish to these ears. They don't have a cd out yet do they? I didn't see anything, but I could be wrong.

I don't think they do....they have a couple of labels after them, though...
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

White Wizzard Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard   White Wizzard Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 11:16 am

I came across this today and obviously these guys have been signed now.
Pretty amusing tongue-in-cheek stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8-zehtCs7U
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

White Wizzard Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard   White Wizzard Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 10:48 am

Still sounds good. I'd buy this if and when it's available. Still not sold on the name though. Even if it's tongue-in-cheek, it's sounds like one of those Aryan hate bands.

Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

White Wizzard Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard   White Wizzard Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 11:37 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Still sounds good. I'd buy this if and when it's available. Still not sold on the name though. Even if it's tongue-in-cheek, it's sounds like one of those Aryan hate bands.
Looks like they took the whole "white wizard" thing from Gandalf in the Lord of the Rings. You even see his picture posted along with links to their material. Then I guess they decided that if you're gonna be slightly silly anyway you might as well add an extra z to wizard while you're at it.
Maybe they are an Aryan hate band seeing as how most of those guys can't spell correctly anyway. Wink
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

White Wizzard Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard   White Wizzard Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 12:06 pm

Quote :
Maybe they are an Aryan hate band seeing as how most of those guys can't spell correctly anyway. Wink

Good point! Laughing

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

White Wizzard Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard   White Wizzard Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 12:13 pm

Party like it's 1983...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8-zehtCs7U

CAUTION: Do not watch this video if you have an aversion to dairy products. It's full of cheesy goodness.

White Wizzard Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard   White Wizzard Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

White Wizzard
Page 1 of 1