Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

White Wizzard

Go down 
+8
Aaron_D
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
Dark Horseman
Thrasher73
Gilbert
Eyesore
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

White Wizzard Empty
PostSubject: White Wizzard   White Wizzard Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 1:26 am

New White Wizzard tune!

I pledged to this project like a year ago on Kickstarter and the band NEVER gave any updates there until the album was done, nearly a year later. Every time they'd update people on the album, they'd do it through Facebook.

That's pretty much how not to run a crowdfunding campaign. Haha.

Anyway, good tune! I've always liked this band, even the albums that others don't seem to like so much.

White Wizzard WhiteWizzardInfernalOverdrive

Comes out January 12th.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

White Wizzard Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard   White Wizzard Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 2:19 am

Awesome. I own the band's entire catalogue and this one is a nice addition!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

White Wizzard Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard   White Wizzard Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 3:11 am

I still need the debut EP, either version, but I have the rest. Great band!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

White Wizzard Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard   White Wizzard Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 5:50 am

Eyesore wrote:
I still need the debut EP, either version, but I have the rest. Great band!

Yep that's the only one of theirs I don't have as well. Digging the new song.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

White Wizzard Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard   White Wizzard Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 10:51 am

I like Over the Top but each album after failed to hold my attention.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

White Wizzard Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard   White Wizzard Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 11:14 am

I like this band. I think all their releases are good but I still need to get their most recent.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

White Wizzard Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard   White Wizzard Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 3:18 pm

I really like the High Speed GTO ep, and Over the Top is ok. Flying Tigers never really did much for me and subsequently I never bothered picking up their last one. The new song's not bad though.

Here's the million dollar question. Will the guitarist be able to hold a line-up together longer than it took me to type this post? Razz

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

White Wizzard Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard   White Wizzard Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 3:25 pm

I like this new tune. I would never put money into a Kickstarter for them because of the instability of the band. Thankfully, they proved me wrong.

I own their entire catalog. Their EP and first album are great, the second album is good and their third album is not so good. I'm glad Wyatt Anderson is singing on the new album because he's got a great voice.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Aaron_D
Metal student
Metal student
Aaron_D

Number of posts : 207

White Wizzard Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard   White Wizzard Icon_minitimeSat Oct 28, 2017 9:11 am

Sounds really good. I appreciate the tribute to our troops.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

White Wizzard Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard   White Wizzard Icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 3:22 pm

good tune but hopefully the vocalist stays long enough for the album to come out Smile

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

White Wizzard Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard   White Wizzard Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2018 3:58 pm

Reminder bump!!

This album comes out this Friday.
White Wizzard White-wizzard-infernal-overdrive-vinyl-lp

1. Infernal Overdrive
2. Storm the Shores
3. Pretty May
4. Chasing Dragons
5. Voyage of the Wold Raiders
6. Critical Mass
7. Cocoon
8. Metamorphosis
9. The Illusion's Tears

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

White Wizzard Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard   White Wizzard Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2018 4:13 pm

Awesome!
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

White Wizzard Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard   White Wizzard Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2018 7:46 pm

Singer sounds a bit like... White Wizzard 604261
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

White Wizzard Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard   White Wizzard Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2018 8:16 pm

Here's the lyric video for the track "Infernal Overdrive."

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

White Wizzard Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard   White Wizzard Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2018 11:38 pm

This song is amazing. Definitely ordering this one!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

White Wizzard Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard   White Wizzard Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2018 12:38 pm

Good tune, thanks for sharin'. I only have the "Flying Tigers" album but I like it a lot. They are one of those bands (like PC69) that I have an album or two and like 'em well enough to want more but never seem to get around to buying them. Or they just get lost in the shuffle of new and old stuff coming out, reissues, anniversary editions, etc.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

White Wizzard Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard   White Wizzard Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2018 1:51 pm

Love the new song. The first verse reminds me of "Painkiller" so much.

This band ran a terrible crowdfunding campaign, though. I mentioned it above. So annoying. They didn't even show the video to us first, like nearly every other band has done. Nor will we have the CD version first, or probably even close to the release date this Friday. Haha.

At least the record label had the sense to send us the digital album early.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

White Wizzard Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard   White Wizzard Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2018 2:58 pm

I own the band's entire discography so the new one is a nice addition.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

White Wizzard Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard   White Wizzard Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 4:19 pm

So I finally got the new White Wizzard CD in the mail. I pre-ordered it through their crowdfunding campaign on October 21, 2016. The album was officially released weeks ago, and I just got it. Autographed, too, though they autographed the jewelcase and didn't remove the security sticker and two of them wrote on that, so now the autographs are cut off. Haha.

I don't really care about autographs, but...holy crap, this crowdfunding campaign was run in such a piss-poor fashion. Four updates total on Kickstarter: one to say the album was complete, another to give people an awful cover of "Immigrant Song," and then finally one that asked for t-shirts sizes and another to say rewards were shipping. That's it!

Every other update about the new album was posted to Facebook, and even those were infrequent. I don't know. Maybe I've been spoiled by those artists who actually involve those who contribute money so far in advance, give them a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff, and make them feel like it was worth shelling out that money a year and a half before they receive the album.

I won't do that for White Wizzard ever again, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

White Wizzard Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard   White Wizzard Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 6:33 pm

Eyesore wrote:

I've contributed to 3 crowdfunding campaigns (Borealis, Vesperia, Crimson Shadows), and only one ended with me getting what I ordered (Crimson Shadows). I know everyone says they're the way of the future, but I can't agree because (1) everything is insanely overpriced on them, and (2) they never deliver on their promises.

The worst part is that the paying fan looks like the bad person for complaining, when in reality the band is the one who didn't deliver to their biggest fans (i.e. the ones insane enough to pay inflated prices for things).

I ordered the new White Wizzard from Amazon and got it a week after release (fairly typical for Amazon in Canada without prime).
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

White Wizzard Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard   White Wizzard Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2018 4:53 pm

So far I have listened to the album once, and despite their apparent lack of crowdfunding acumen, the music is good.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

White Wizzard Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard   White Wizzard Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2018 1:06 am

exact33 wrote:
So far I have listened to the album once, and despite their apparent lack of crowdfunding acumen, the music is good.

Yeah, it's a pretty damn good album.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

White Wizzard Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard   White Wizzard Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2018 1:17 am

Spiner202 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I've contributed to 3 crowdfunding campaigns (Borealis, Vesperia, Crimson Shadows), and only one ended with me getting what I ordered (Crimson Shadows). I know everyone says they're the way of the future, but I can't agree because (1) everything is insanely overpriced on them, and (2) they never deliver on their promises.

The worst part is that the paying fan looks like the bad person for complaining, when in reality the band is the one who didn't deliver to their biggest fans (i.e. the ones insane enough to pay inflated prices for things).

I ordered the new White Wizzard from Amazon and got it a week after release (fairly typical for Amazon in Canada without prime).

I have been lucky and only had one band screw me, every other band followed through as promised. White Wizzard didn't promise anything but the CD, of course, so I can't really complain. However, on that kind of platform, I think you should give a lot more than they did to the fans who do contribute. It's not hard to record some in-studio stuff and post it online, you know.

The band who screwed me was One Minute Silence. You can read all about that here: http://www.heartofmetal.net/t19896-kickstarter-rant. I'm still bitter over that one.

As for things being overpriced, I kind of agree. A lot of bands don't do that, but many do. Asking $30 for a CD and digital download is a rip-off, if you ask me, but a lot of bands price it that high or close to it. Kind of pathetic. But a lot of bands are fair with their pricing.

I got A Sound of Thunder's covers album, Who Do You Think We Are?, for $13. And autographed! I pledged $35 for their most recent campaign, and that got me the following:

* Honored Heroes (Your Name in the Album)
   * "It Was Metal" CD Album
   * Bonus EP
   * Limited Kickstarter-Edition Print Comic
   * Legion of Thunder Swag Pack
   * Digital Album
   * Digital Comic
   * Udoroth's Minion
   * Backers-Only Updates

Worth the price, I'd say. They are more than fair with their campaigns.

So it's really hit or miss with bands. Luckily for me it's been mostly hits.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

White Wizzard Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard   White Wizzard Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2018 12:52 pm

Eyesore wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Yeah, it's a pretty damn good album.

let's hope they can stay together for awhile.

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

White Wizzard Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard   White Wizzard Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2018 10:50 pm

Still need to get this one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

White Wizzard Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard   White Wizzard Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

White Wizzard
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next