Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...

Go down 
+17
Getizzyback
Witchfinder
ShadowAngel
EmoElmo
jettafiend
arttieTHE1manparty
Eyesore
A Handful of Wayne
speed101
nevermore
DallasBlack
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
Lurideath
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 2:52 am

Cool, I'll check it out. I liked Stairway to Hell pretty good but just thought they should've done a full length.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 11:06 am

Stairway to Hell was a fun listen. I'd be down for more from UKJ.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 4:04 pm

New song...

Sounds decent enough to me. cool

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 4:20 pm

Which would their best album be anyways? Menace to sobriety?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 4:50 pm

Gilbert wrote:

This could be a band where their Greatest Hits package might be a good place to start. I never owned many of their albums, but my old roommate did and if memory serves me, their albums were spotty at best. Some good songs, but some off-the-wall filler too.

As Ugly As They Want To Be is a good ep. I can recommend that one. And their last ep, Stairway to Hell was very good too. Their very first and very last releases. Anything in between? Listen as your own risk.

Motel California seems to go for crazy amounts these days too. I guess it's out-of-print.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 5:00 pm

That new songs is pretty good.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 12:27 am

New song released! Apparently a Foo Fighters cover. Shocked

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 9:57 am

Really? A new tune? You don't say?

MetalGuy71 wrote:
New song...

Dingus. Razz

Where did you hear it was a Foo cover? I never heard it. Was it an unreleased track?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 11:21 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Really? A new tune? You don't say?

MetalGuy71 wrote:
New song...

Dingus. Razz

Where did you hear it was a Foo cover? I never heard it. Was it an unreleased track?

Haha. Sarcasm. It totally sounds like "Learning to Fly."
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 11:40 am

Eh, since you mentioned it, I kinda hear it a little but I wouldn't have picked up on it.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 7:05 pm

Gilbert wrote:

For me, America's Least Wanted is one of the best albums from the early 90s. Nothing they did after compared IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 6:50 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

For me, America's Least Wanted is one of the best albums from the early 90s. Nothing they did after compared IMO.

I agree. America's Least Wanted has a nice mix of songs from Funk (Same Side) to Heavy Metal (Goddamn Devil with Rob Halford) and their cover of Cats in the Cradle holds a very special place in my heart.
Menace to Sobriety is good too. Cloudy Skies and Clover are nice songs but they went the same route as all bands: Grundge is the hype of the minute so follow that road. America's Least Wanted had that funk vibe, comedy lyrics (Neighbour) and some acoustic songs with serious lyrics (Mr. Recordman) while Menace is just "we're serious about what we made fun before". My Album actually has a insert of Mercury Records hyping the album how it's better than their previous album since it's more "metal" and GGGarth is such a better producer, then you have Crane trying to "rap" on "C.U.S.T." about watering gras and i don't even know what to say, it's horrible.
And the less things said about Motel California, the better, the best thing is the album title.
They just lost it once Shannon Larkin got into the band.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 9:13 pm

This is a band I never explored beyond the "hits" much like Living Colour and Enuff Z'nuff. Each time I saw their albums pop up on the bay or in the used bin I thought about it, but there is only so much time and money. I suppose someday there will be time enough to get around to it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 12:36 pm

ShadowAngel wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

I agree. America's Least Wanted has a nice mix of songs from Funk (Same Side) to Heavy Metal (Goddamn Devil with Rob Halford) and their cover of Cats in the Cradle holds a very special place in my heart.

Now that I think of it, I think I had America's Least Wanted on cassette. Since I've never bothered to upgrade it, I guess I didn't think too much of it. And I have 'Goddamn Devil' and 'Cats in the Cradle' on their Best of UKJ now anyway.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 12:16 pm

Another new tune...

So far, they're 2 for 2 with this new album. Sounds like they might have a winner here. October 16th release date.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 2:34 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Another new tune...

So far, they're 2 for 2 with this new album. Sounds like they might have a winner here. October 16th release date.

I'm really looking forward to this album, which seems like a strange thing to say about an Ugly Kid Joe album in 2015.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 3:33 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Another new tune...

I'm really looking forward to this album, which seems like a strange thing to say about an Ugly Kid Joe album in 2015.

I'm feeling the same way. I had ZERO expectations for them for the last 15 years or so. Then they came back with a surprisingly strong ep. Now these 2 tunes got me thinking they might be onto something. Here's hoping.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2015 2:38 am

Good tune! I'll be getting this for sure!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 12:49 pm

This new album came outta nowhere with zero expectations and has really impressed me. I'm not familiar enough with their entire output to say how it compares to past releases or that they have their own "UKJ sound", but this will certainly be in my Top 10 for 2015. Just good, catchy song writing, playing and excellent vocals.

If you liked their last ep, or I guess any of their earlier works, I encourage you to give this new one a chance.

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4