Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...

Go down 
+17
Getizzyback
Witchfinder
ShadowAngel
EmoElmo
jettafiend
arttieTHE1manparty
Eyesore
A Handful of Wayne
speed101
nevermore
DallasBlack
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
Lurideath
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 4:39 pm

Re-issue comin'...

Quote :
Ugly Kid Joe's 2012 comeback EP 'Stairway To Hell' will be reissued with bonus material on April 16th through MRI. The EP contains songs that span the full repertoire of influences that made Ugly Kid Joe the soundtrack for young snowboarders, surfers, and keggers worldwide and will feature bonus acoustic performances of "Cat In The Cradle", "Would You Like To Be There" and "No One Survives". Physical copies of the reissued EP will also contain an Electronic Press Kit and a video for the single "It's Alright".

'Stairway To Hell' track listing:
Devil's Paradise
You Make Me Sick
No One Survives
I'm Alright
Love Ain't True
Another Beer
Cat In the Cradle (acoustic)
Would You Like To Be There (acoustic)
No One Survives (acoustic)
EPK (video)
It's Alright (video)

Sounds pretty good. Maybe I should re-think these guys. And someone get Larkin a sandwich. He's thinner than the drumsticks he uses.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 6:41 pm

I haven't picked this up yet. Guess that's a good thing now.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 9:47 am

Eyesore wrote:
I haven't picked this up yet. Guess that's a good thing now.

Same here. I'm a casual fan of UKJ, but I wasn't too fussed about the talk of the new ep. Then I heard a little and it's swayed me. I might just have to pick this up afterall.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 10:04 am

I hadn't gotten round to it either, I could take or leave the "Electronic Press Kit" and video nonsense but if this new version is easier to find then I'm fine with it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 10:07 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I hadn't gotten round to it either, I could take or leave the "Electronic Press Kit" and video nonsense but if this new version is easier to find then I'm fine with it.

Yea, the EPK seems like an odd inclusion for the general public. The videos? Meh, watch once then ignore.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 10:09 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Yea, the EPK seems like an odd inclusion for the general public. The videos? Meh, watch once then ignore.

Makes me think of the late 90s/early 00s when suddenly every CD released had an "Enhanced" portion that you could view on your computer - either a music video, or some behind-the-scenes footage, a concert clip, etc.

In this YouTube day and age, including such a thing on your CD now seems almost quaint.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 10:13 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Makes me think of the late 90s/early 00s when suddenly every CD released had an "Enhanced" portion that you could view on your computer - either a music video, or some behind-the-scenes footage, a concert clip, etc.

In this YouTube day and age, including such a thing on your CD now seems almost quaint.

9 times outta 10, those stupid things would cause my computer to freeze up anyway. Laughing

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 10:16 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

9 times outta 10, those stupid things would cause my computer to freeze up anyway. Laughing

When they first started "enhancing" every CD, I didn't even own a computer yet so the "bonus materials" were a total non-issue for me. I have a bunch of 'em in my collection that I don't think I've even looked at to this day. Very Happy

...then when "enhancing" CDs didn't stop album sales from free-falling, the record labels introduced the Dual Disc (CD on one side, DVD on the other) ... remember that fiasco? Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 10:20 am

Quote :
...then when "enhancing" CDs didn't stop album sales from free-falling, the record labels introduced the Dual Disc (CD on one side, DVD on the other) ... remember that fiasco?

Ugh, yea. I think I only have one of those in my collection, Joe Perry's s/t. I hate trying to see which side is which when I'm putting it in my player. Annoying. And it won't play my car.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 10:27 am

^^ The only DualDisc I own is Judas Priest's Angel of Retribution. I think I watched the DVD side of it once. (ala Danny Vermin from "Johnny Dangerously") ONCE.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 1:27 pm

I can't even tell you how many CDs I own that include multimedia stuff or DVDs that I've never watched.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 1:33 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
^^ The only DualDisc I own is Judas Priest's Angel of Retribution. I think I watched the DVD side of it once. (ala Danny Vermin from "Johnny Dangerously") ONCE.

I had that one too, but briefly. I purchased it as a new release and shortly thereafter, found the deluxe edition with 2 seperate discs in a hardbound book-type case in the used bins at FYE. I snagged that one and ditched the DualDisc.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 2:10 pm

damnit! of course i already have the first ep. this always happens lol!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 2:30 pm

Quote :
that made Ugly Kid Joe the soundtrack for young snowboarders, surfers, and keggers worldwide

Fantastic selling point.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 2:46 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

Are you really gonna lose sleep over not having a couple of "acoustic" tracks?? Haha

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 4:09 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I can't even tell you how many CDs I own that include multimedia stuff or DVDs that I've never watched.

Same here. I had every intention of watching them but never quite got around to it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 6:47 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Being I moved way out in middle of nowheres.....the concert DVDS are a new attraction to me. Kinda/sorta hard to catch a live show.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 8:35 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Same here. I had every intention of watching them but never quite got around to it.

I just got another one today!! I ordered a used copy of Gold Medal by the Donnas from Hastings. It's "enhanced" with a video for one of the songs. Will I ever bother to watch it? Unlikely. Laughing

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 10:49 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I just got another one today!! I ordered a used copy of Gold Medal by the Donnas from Hastings. It's "enhanced" with a video for one of the songs. Will I ever bother to watch it? Unlikely. Laughing

You should. The extra is a video of them playing topless. Even the chubby bass player. crazy happy

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 10:58 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

You should. The extra is a video of them playing topless. Even the chubby bass player. crazy happy

Laughing very hard I'd rather see the lead singer, she's kinda got a Christina Ricci thing goin' on. Haha.

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 2:57 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

Are you really gonna lose sleep over not having a couple of "acoustic" tracks?? Haha

Hahaha YES! I barely couldn't sleep last night! Nah not really. I just meant I would have rather waited for this version instead. For how long thats been out I thought maybe we were never going to see it released here. I will probably still pick this version up eventually.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 9:22 am

Ugly Kid Joe are going the crowd-funding route to finance their next album, to be called "Uglier Than They Used to Be"

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/ukjrc

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 5:03 pm

Why does every band who uses these sites for preorders charge $20 a CD? Remember when bands claimed record labels fans off? Pffft!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 10:35 am

Eyesore wrote:
Why does every band who uses these sites for preorders charge $20 a CD? Remember when bands claimed record labels fans off? Pffft!

They are realizing that all the artwork, promotion, manufacturing, etc. that the record labels used to take care of is now their responsibility and that sh*t costs money. Razz

As for UKJ, I was pleasantly surprised how good that last ep was, but I'm not clamoring for a new release. Not enough to contribute to their fundraising anyway. If it comes out and sounds good to me, I'll grab a copy.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 3:03 pm

New album, coming OCT. 16th. Cover and tracklist...

New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 3 Uglykidjoeugliercd
"Uglier Than They Used Ta Be" track listing:

01. Hell Ain't Hard To Find
02. Let The Record Play
03. My Old Man
04. Bad Seed
05. She's Already Gone
06. Under The Bottom
07. Mirror Of The Man
08. The Enemy
09. Nothing Ever Changes
10. Ace of Spades
10. Enemy
11. Papa Was A Rolling Stone (feat. Dallas Frasca)

Phil Campbell (MOTÖRHEAD) makes a guest appearance on guest on UGLY KID JOE's upcoming album, "Uglier Than They Used Ta Be". Phil has added his "amazing" guitar work to the songs "My Old Man", "Under The Bottom" and UGLY KID JOE's cover version of the MOTÖRHEAD classic "Ace Of Spades".

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added release date and extra tracks)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next