Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...

Go down 
+17
Getizzyback
Witchfinder
ShadowAngel
EmoElmo
jettafiend
arttieTHE1manparty
Eyesore
A Handful of Wayne
speed101
nevermore
DallasBlack
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
Lurideath
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 10:58 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

I also never noticed how skinny he was. Boys gotta eat lol

Well, in the late 80s he was on an "H" diet which kept him skinny, hopefully that's not still the case.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 11:02 pm

Quote :
Yea he almost sounds like Bon Scott. It is weird what he is doing with his voice. I don't know why he's singing differently. I always thought he had a great voice.

I think he was trying to sound like Bon Scott on purpose. The title "Stairway to Hell" is a reference to Ac/Dc and Zeppelin.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 11:04 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Lurideath wrote:
Great more crap from a crap band!

Ignore the blasphemer! Razz If they go back to their America's Least Wanted sound, then it will be awesom!

I sure hope so, that album still rocks and Whitfield Crane is one of the most underrated vocalists ever. Incredible range.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 11:50 pm

S.D. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

And I have to ask. What the hell is Larkin doing at about 0:14? He does that twice. I don't get it.
Switching which hand he's using for the hi-hat. He's also one of the only guys that I've ever seen play flawless double bass runs while standing up.

Shannon is an amazing drummer (probably seen Wrathchild about 20 times back in the day) and a really cool guy.

I used to have an old hardcore demo tape he recorded called "Rip Cl*t" in the late 80s, wish I still had it but it's long gone.
No. That's not what he's doing at 0:14.

And I find it hilarious that you have no issues with Larkin's playing style, yet Tommy Clufetos is a clown and looks retarded for raising up his arm while playing. Because I was forced to vote on who looked more retarded while playing, Larkin would easily get my vote. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 11:52 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
Yea he almost sounds like Bon Scott. It is weird what he is doing with his voice. I don't know why he's singing differently. I always thought he had a great voice.
I think he was trying to sound like Bon Scott on purpose. The title "Stairway to Hell" is a reference to Ac/Dc and Zeppelin.
But that's the album title, not the song title.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 11:57 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

Doesn't matter. There's an obvious connection overall.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 12:30 am

Troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
Right. Words.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 2:41 am

Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
Right. Words.

I guess he just sounded like Bon Scott for no reason. (what a coincidence) I've never heard him sing like that in the past. And the fact they partly referenced a Bon Scott album in the title...

Last edited by Troublezone on Fri May 25, 2012 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 2:47 am

I don't think he sounds like Bon Scott at all, though.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 2:51 am

I guess just me and Phoenix Reign hear it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 2:57 am

Eyesore wrote:

How familiar are you with Bon Scott's voice?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 3:58 am

Very familiar. The tone may be close, but Bon had a kind of flippant snarl to his vocals, you know. It was more than a tone.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 1:43 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Very familiar. The tone may be close, but Bon had a kind of flippant snarl to his vocals, you know. It was more than a tone.

It's not dead on Bon Scott, but its very similar.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 3:00 pm

Oh hell yeah, I like that new tune way better than the other one that leaked out a while back. Sounds like it could've come off of MENACE TO SOBRIETY.

...and I definitely hear the Bon Scott influence on Whit's vox on this one too.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 5:15 pm

Somehow Grunge killed their true sound, I was a fan of their debut EP
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 8:36 pm

Eyesore wrote:

It's not dead on Bon Scott, but its very similar.

Yeah, he's definitely tweaking his voice a bit.

Last edited by Troublezone on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 9:57 pm

EmoElmo wrote:
Somehow Grunge killed their true sound, I was a fan of their debut EP
surprised
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 8:16 pm

so did anyone download the ep? I did yesturday. Its pretty good. That first song they previewed is on it, I still dont like it but the other ones are good. He does a lot of different things with his voice

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 8:19 pm

Didn't know you could. Is there a CD version?
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 10:28 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Didn't know you could. Is there a CD version?

I didnt either I thought it was only the 1 song but the whole thing is on itunes. a cd wont be out til july 9th

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 11:19 pm

Ah. I'll wait then. =)
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 7:25 am

so did anyone download the ep? I did yesturday. Its pretty good. That first song they previewed is on it, I still dont like it but the other ones are good.

Agreed and i'm curious how they will sound live as i see the band in 2 weeks Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 2:30 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Ah. I'll wait then. =)

I'll get the cd too just didnt want to wait

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 9:42 am

I just got this EP and it rocks! I hope they come up with a full length soon. They also just released a new video:

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 10:44 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I think he sounds awesome in those AC/DC tribute albums.

He's not as good as the dude in '77 though...lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...   New Ugly Kid Joe comin'... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Ugly Kid Joe comin'...
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next