Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!!

Go down 
+5
Tall Tyrion
DeathCult
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!! Empty
PostSubject: New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!!   New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 3:09 pm

New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!! Cover_playlist_small

Disc 1:
01. Strutter (3:10) - Stanley/Simmons
02. Deuce (3:03) - Simmons/Stanley
03. Hotter Than Hell (3:28) - Stanley
04. C'mon And Love Me (2:56) - Stanley
05. Rock And Roll All Nite (live) (3:55) - Stanley/Simmons
06. Detroit Rock City (3:36) - Stanley/Ezrin
07. Beth (2:45) - Criss/Penridge/Ezrin
08. Hard Luck Woman (3:31) - Stanley
09. Calling Dr. Love (3:43) - Simmons
10. Love Gun (3:15) Stanley
11. Christine Sixteen (3:11) Simmons
12. I Was Made For Lovin' You (4:28) - Stanley/Poncia/Child

Disc 2:
01. Creatures Of The Night (4:05) - Stanley/Mitchell
02. I Love It Loud (4:18) - Simmons/Cusano
03. Lick It Up (3:58) - Stanley/Vincent
04. All Hell's Breakin' Loose (4:35) - Carr/Stanley/Simmons/Vincent
05. Heaven's On Fire (3:23) - Stanley/Child
06. Thrills In The Night (4:24) - Stanley/Beauvoir
07. Tears Are Falling (3:56) - Stanley
08. Uh! All Night (4:03) - Stanley/Child/Beauvoir
09. Crazy Crazy Nights (3:48) - Stanley/Mitchell
10. Reason To Live (4:01) - Stanley/Child
11. Hide Your Heart (4:25) - Stanley/Child/Knight
12. Forever (3:49) - Stanley/Bolton

Disc 3:
01. God Gave Rock 'N' Roll To You II (5:21) - Ballard/Stanley/Simmons/Ezrin
02. Unholy (3:43) - Simmons/Vincent
03. Domino (Live) (3:49) - Simmons
04. Hate (4:37) - Simmons/Van Zen/Kulick
05. Childhood's End (4:21) - Simmons/Thayer/Kulick
06. I Will Be There (3:50) - Stanley/Kulick/Cuomo
07. Comin' Home (Unplugged) (2:51) - Stanley/Frehley
08. Got To Choose (Unplugged) (3:33) - Stanley
09. Psycho Circus (Edit) (4:51) - Stanley/Cuomo
10. Into The Void (4:22) - Frehley/Cochran
11. I Pledge Allegience... (3:33) - Stanley/Knight/Cuomo
12. Nothing Can Keep Me From You (4:03) - Warren

Another compilation, this time repackaging of the three separate "Millenium Best of" volumes as part of Universal's "Playlist Plus" series.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!!   New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 3:13 pm

Really, how can Gene or a record exec or anyone involved in this process seriously sit in a meeting and say "Hey, how about we slap together another KISS compilation? We haven't put out one of those in awhile". This is just embarrassing.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!!   New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 3:17 pm

That song "Nothing Can Keep Me From You" (from the "Detroit Rock City" soundtrack) does not deserve to be anywhere near a compilation of KISS' "best" stuff.

Last week Blabbermouth mentioned a rumor about an album of classic KISS songs being re-recorded by the current KISS lineup that's supposedly in the works. Between that and the Vinnie Vincent tribute album that was announced elsewhere, it was a rough week to be a KISS fan. I kept going "D'OH! That's a bad idea!" "D'OH! That's an even WORSE idea!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!!   New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 3:38 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Really, how can Gene or a record exec or anyone involved in this process seriously sit in a meeting and say "Hey, how about we slap together another KISS compilation? We haven't put out one of those in awhile". This is just embarrassing.

This one is 100% the record company, with absolutely no involvement or say from the band.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!!   New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 3:59 pm

ultmetal wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

This one is 100% the record company, with absolutely no involvement or say from the band.

But it's stupid stuff like this, in part anyway, that the record industry is slowly going down the crapper. "Let's just repackage the same stuff over and over and over and get a few more bucks out of the hard-core fans that have these songs, but will buy it for a new picture on the cover and keep us afloat a few more months."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!!   New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 4:46 pm

Never heard ''Nothing Can Keep Me From You'' and I watched Detroit Rock City maybe don,t remember it. Can someone send me the song? And now...You know what really F*** me! BEST OF...And guess what...Even if KISS is my favourite band how the hell are they able to make SOOOOO MANY BEST OF...!!?!?!?Especialy this one...Why? Because it's a compilation of Best Of! I'm sure satan his behind that!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!!   New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 4:56 pm

It's probably best that they release another greatest hits. After all, Maiden are starting to catch up with their increasing amount of compilations. 👽
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!!   New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 5:13 pm

ultmetal wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I kind've figured that, it's essentially the exact same GH compilation repackaged.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!!   New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 6:46 pm

It's mandated by law that everytime KISS puts out a compilation, Iron Maiden must make a live album.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!!   New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 8:15 pm

AceFrehley655 wrote:
I'm sure satan his behind that!

Oh yeah, I'm laughin' lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!!   New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 9:51 pm

KISS needs to release more archival footage.

I see that ult says this one is all the record company, so I'll ignore this one. But, this just reminds me how KISS, when involved in decisions, also overkills the compilation dealy. The KISSology series was fantastic, but it made me hungry for more! They need to empty their vaults. The unreleased songs on the KISS Box Set were so cool. I love "Mad Dog".
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!!   New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 9:07 am

I dig the cover on this new one.

PostSubject: Re: New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!!   New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 12:50 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I dig the cover on this new one.

Same here
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!!   New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 12:56 pm

Is it going to be in a cool box housing all 3 jewel cased discs? Or will it be a triple jewel case or something? Or a 3-fold digi?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!!   New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 4:12 am

I am missing the 3rd millenium collection, so I might buy this!!! lol!

PostSubject: Re: New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!!   New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 4:43 am

Wow - noted! I will definately pick this one up alongside the forthcoming Iron Maiden compilation! Greed rules! 🤘
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!!   New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 9:58 pm

spectrefate wrote:
It's mandated by law that everytime KISS puts out a compilation, Iron Maiden must make a live album.

lol!
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!!   New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 1:55 am

KISS comps. = New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!! 692390:
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580

PostSubject: Re: New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!!   New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 3:13 pm

spectrefate wrote:

Maiden is catching up on the compilations: I think this new one theyve got coming out is their fourth (Best of the Beast, Edward the Great, Essential preceeds it), and up until 1996 they had never even released a compilation. I wonder whats up with the live albums though - - its been three whole years and two tours inbetween since the last one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!!   New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 3:26 pm

I personally can't wait for the inevitable holiday-themed compilation.

"Hey everyone, it's that time of year again! Food, friends, & music! To help you with the latter, we present to you, the Christmas-themed KISS album, 'KISSmas'! This album features some of their more popular holiday-like songs, such as 'Rock And Roll All Nite', 'Detroit Rock City', and 'Strutter'! So order now!!"

I'm sure they're trundling out another comp because Gene & Paul need the cash.... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!!   New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 3:29 pm

Its the "stupid" people who keep buying it to "blame". Its a product, after all...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!!   New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 5:51 pm

St Patrik wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

Maiden is catching up on the compilations: I think this new one theyve got coming out is their fourth (Best of the Beast, Edward the Great, Essential preceeds it), and up until 1996 they had never even released a compilation. I wonder whats up with the live albums though - - its been three whole years and two tours inbetween since the last one.

nobody, not even KISS, beats Alice Cooper for compilations.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!!   New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 10:23 am

Trigger wrote:
St Patrik wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

nobody, not even KISS, beats Alice Cooper for compilations.

Motorhead wins at the compilation collection.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!!   New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New KISS compilation comin' at ya!!!
Page 1 of 1