Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Killer CD Haul!!

Go down 
+5
the sentinel
spiritoradio
SAHB Healer
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37630

Killer CD Haul!! Empty
PostSubject: Killer CD Haul!!   Killer CD Haul!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 4:00 pm

Check this out... went back to work today after two weeks off welcoming my new son to the world, and one of my co-workers came in with a huge bag of CDs for everyone in the office to pick through. Apparently they belonged to her no-good ex-boyfriend, who left them behind when she kicked them out of their apartment a while back, and since he's now moved to Florida, she doesn't expect him to come back and claim them, so she simply wanted them out of her house.

Anyway, she knows that I'm a major music geek and said "A lot of this looks like it's YOUR kind of stuff," so she let me get the first picks...and WHOA NELLY, did I ever snag a killer heap-o-80s-hair-metal goodness! Some of it is common stuff (i.e. things that I've simply never gotten around to upgrading from cassette), but there were several surprise goodies in there as well. Here's my haul:

Anthrax – "I'm The Man" EP (I hate that song, but I haven’t seen a copy of this EP in years…)
Motley Crue – "Too Fast For Love" (Elektra pressing)
Britny Fox – Self titled
Ratt – Self titled EP (I've never even SEEN that on CD!), Dancing Undercover and Reach For The Sky
Dokken – "UNDER LOCK AND KEY"
Whitesnake – Self titled
Vixen – Self titled
Killer Dwarfs – "STAND TALL" (on the Grudge label)
Blue Oyster Cult – "FIRE OF UNKNOWN ORIGIN"
King Kobra – "III" (on the New Renaissance label!)
King Diamond – "THE EYE"
Eternity – "Mind Games" (self released CD by a band from Jersey, 1995)
Hurricane – "Over the Edge" and "Take What You Want" (Enigma Records pressings!)

Not bad huh? I haven't heard some of these hair-metal oldies in years! I've got some serious listenin' to do!
Back to top Go down

Killer CD Haul!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killer CD Haul!!   Killer CD Haul!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 4:14 pm

Nice score on that Ratt EP. That's hard to find, man!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Killer CD Haul!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killer CD Haul!!   Killer CD Haul!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 4:25 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Nice score on that Ratt EP. That's hard to find, man!

No kiddin'... like I said, I don't think I've ever seen that one on CD... I think I may have cackled when I saw it sitting in that bag...
lol!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Killer CD Haul!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killer CD Haul!!   Killer CD Haul!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 4:57 pm

Dude,you pretty much hit the jackpot.Congrats!
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Killer CD Haul!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killer CD Haul!!   Killer CD Haul!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 5:06 pm

Her ex doesn't seem like a no good guy as far as I can see.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

Killer CD Haul!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killer CD Haul!!   Killer CD Haul!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 6:34 pm

That's pretty sweet. Did she just give them to you? Because if she did that is even sweeter. I wish someone would come to my work and give away "tainted"(by heartbreak) cds.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Killer CD Haul!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killer CD Haul!!   Killer CD Haul!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 6:34 pm

Dude, that's freakin' awesome!!! By the way, congrats on your newborn son, that's the best of this story. Back to the metal- I have that Ratt ep, super hard to find. My ex paid 25 bucks for mine for one of my bday gifts a few years ago.Been tryin' to find the s/t BFox for almost a year now, no luck:(
The Hurricanes I have on cassette, no cd, so let me know if you wanna sell:D

p.s. Can I get that lady's phone number? just kidding
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Killer CD Haul!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killer CD Haul!!   Killer CD Haul!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 7:39 pm

Sweet score, Freddy!! And the price can't be beat. I once had a guy that I worked with give me some Danzig cd's because he thought they were bringing him bad luck. He thought thy were possessed or something.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Killer CD Haul!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killer CD Haul!!   Killer CD Haul!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 10:34 pm

spiritoradio wrote:
That's pretty sweet. Did she just give them to you? Because if she did that is even sweeter.

Yea, like I said she brought in a whole big bag of stuff, all different genres, for everyone in the office to pick through. In addition to the CDs I grabbed, there was some 90s alternative stuff, a couple of country CDs, movie soundtracks, and even Vanilla Ice's "To The Extreme!" (I left that last one for someone else, hahaha)... she simply wanted'em out of her house, I guess Mr. Ex Boyfriend must've been a hella bum (even tho he obviously had good taste in 80s hair metal, haha) and she just wanted to get rid of any reminders of him. Fine by me... his loss, my gain!
lol!

Last edited by on Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Killer CD Haul!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killer CD Haul!!   Killer CD Haul!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 10:38 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Sweet score, Freddy!! And the price can't be beat. I once had a guy that I worked with give me some Danzig cd's because he thought they were bringing him bad luck. He thought thy were possessed or something.
Did you kick him in the nuts for being a retard? Haha.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Killer CD Haul!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killer CD Haul!!   Killer CD Haul!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 10:41 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

If he was talking about Danzig's "Blackacidevil" CD I could see why he would wanna get rid of that one, but not any of Danzig's other albums.
lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Killer CD Haul!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killer CD Haul!!   Killer CD Haul!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 10:42 pm

the sentinel wrote:

The Hurricanes I have on cassette, no cd, so let me know if you wanna sell:D

Hahahaha, I've had several offers for the Hurricane discs on another message board I frequent... they're hotter items than I thought... but I'm a-keepin'em, for now anyway...
Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Killer CD Haul!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killer CD Haul!!   Killer CD Haul!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 10:54 pm

Hurricane Over The Edge goes for over 100 dollars on ebay all the time.
Back to top Go down

Killer CD Haul!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killer CD Haul!!   Killer CD Haul!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 11:50 pm

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
Yup. You definitely scored, my friend! 🤘
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Killer CD Haul!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killer CD Haul!!   Killer CD Haul!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 4:31 am

Increible stuff. I think NELLY should not have kicked her boyfriend out because a guy that like music like that can only be GREAT!!!!!! lol.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Killer CD Haul!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killer CD Haul!!   Killer CD Haul!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 10:22 am

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

lol!
Nah. His loss was my gain. I'm not sure, but at the time he was dating a girl that was VERY religious (whom he eventually married, then divorced). I think she may have had something to do with it as well.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Killer CD Haul!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killer CD Haul!!   Killer CD Haul!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 10:26 am

Wow! The ex is gonna be royally ticked off when he discovers all those gems gone. Ouch!

Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

Killer CD Haul!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killer CD Haul!!   Killer CD Haul!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 11:30 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Check this out... went back to work today after two weeks off welcoming my new son to the world

Excellent score.

Congrats on the birth of your son. Now that there is a real treasure!
Back to top Go down

Killer CD Haul!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killer CD Haul!!   Killer CD Haul!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 1:01 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

lol!
Nah. His loss was my gain. I'm not sure, but at the time he was dating a girl that was VERY religious (whom he eventually married, then divorced). I think she may have had something to do with it as well.
Sounds like my ex-girlfriend, who was a "Christian," threw out my Marilyn Manson CDs (without me knowing), and then cheated on me. Haha.

Some Christian! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Killer CD Haul!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killer CD Haul!!   Killer CD Haul!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 1:42 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Wow! The ex is gonna be royally ticked off when he discovers all those gems gone. Ouch!

Apparently the ex-boyfriend has moved to Florida and therefore she doesn't expect him to come back and claim them any time soon... hahaha!! She got revenge, and I got a stack of cool CDs. Everybody wins (except the ex boyfriend)! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Killer CD Haul!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killer CD Haul!!   Killer CD Haul!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 1:48 pm

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:

Yea, I have checked some of these titles on eBay already and went "hoooooly cow!" when I saw the prices they were goin' for... those Hurricane titles and the King Kobra III seem to be particularly hot items. (Apparently the Killer Dwarfs disc was at one time too, but since it was reissued 3 or 4 years ago, the value on the original has gone down somewhat.)

The OVER THE EDGE disc I got is not in the greatest of shape, though... the disc has some scuffs on it, but it's still playable. The booklet, however, has the lower right hand corner snipped off, so I guess this must've been a cut-out copy at one time. The TAKE WHAT YOU WANT disc is in pretty mint shape though!

However, I don't plan on selling any of'em, at least not right now... but who knows what might happen a few months down the line, cuz baby formula and diapers are frickin' expensive!!! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Killer CD Haul!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killer CD Haul!!   Killer CD Haul!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 1:49 pm

AchrisK wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Check this out... went back to work today after two weeks off welcoming my new son to the world

Excellent score.

Congrats on the birth of your son. Now that there is a real treasure!

Thank you sir, that's the truth! 🤘
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Killer CD Haul!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killer CD Haul!!   Killer CD Haul!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 4:14 pm

All three Hurricane titles just got rereleased two weeks ago according to cdinzane. I'm glad you got yours for the bubble and didn't pay 100 bucks or more. Metal on!!!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Killer CD Haul!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killer CD Haul!!   Killer CD Haul!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 8:37 am

the sentinel wrote:
All three Hurricane titles just got rereleased two weeks ago according to cdinzane. I'm glad you got yours for the bubble and didn't pay 100 bucks or more. Metal on!!!! 🤘

Haha, no kiddin'... I wouldn't pay 100 bucks for ANY CD, much less anything by Hurricane... I mean, they were an OK band but they weren't THAT good...
Back to top Go down

Killer CD Haul!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killer CD Haul!!   Killer CD Haul!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 4:37 pm

Wow, definately some great stuff there.

I just bought that Anthrax ep for a buck at the flea market last week. Didn't particularly need it but it fills a little hole in my cd collection.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Killer CD Haul!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killer CD Haul!!   Killer CD Haul!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Killer CD Haul!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next