Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Absolutely Killer Guitar!!!

Go down 
+14
Dave the Boss
manny
Thrasher73
Jesusandmetal23
MoonChild
stevegarveyfan
mc666
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
Sutekh
powermacho
Wargod
Orion Crystal Ice
Shiney
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Absolutely Killer Guitar!!! Empty
PostSubject: Absolutely Killer Guitar!!!   Absolutely Killer Guitar!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:08 pm

First, I will tell you this is NOT metal...at all. it is a clip from an old episode of THE ODD COUPLE circa the mid 70's, and the guitar man is country and HEE HAW legend, ROY CLARK....playing the most not metal metal guitar ever!!!

I watched Hee Haw as a kid and loved it...cheesy silliness, I neevr paid much mind to the musicianship but they began re-running it on a cable channels a few months ago and i watch it every week...and must say there is a reason ROY CLARK can count so many big names among his fan list (Hendrix, Jeff Beckto name a couple)

just give it a listen!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely Killer Guitar!!!   Absolutely Killer Guitar!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:12 pm

Absolutely Killer Guitar!!! 11840 Metal
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely Killer Guitar!!!   Absolutely Killer Guitar!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:18 pm

Roy Clark was the real deal. His strumming technique is damn near otherworldly.

Hee Haw was my Grandfather's favorite show, so I saw it often as a kid.

Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely Killer Guitar!!!   Absolutely Killer Guitar!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:22 pm

Sounds like he is copying Al DeMeola!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely Killer Guitar!!!   Absolutely Killer Guitar!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:28 pm

Except that Roy had been playing for 20+ years by the time DiMeola joined Chick Corea's band...

I'm of the opinion that the only reason Clark's name is not as well respected or revered as others (DiMeola) is because he happens to play in the country /bluegrass genres, which sadly still get little respect from the masses.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely Killer Guitar!!!   Absolutely Killer Guitar!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:30 pm

wow Absolutely Killer Guitar!!! 11840
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely Killer Guitar!!!   Absolutely Killer Guitar!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:30 pm

No denying the awesome technic and playing whether you like the style or not.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely Killer Guitar!!!   Absolutely Killer Guitar!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 9:14 pm

Awesome.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely Killer Guitar!!!   Absolutely Killer Guitar!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 10:05 pm

Wicked!!

Quote :
Hee Haw was my Grandfather's favorite show, so I saw it often as a kid.

Same here. I'm quite familiar with the show whether I like to admit it or not.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely Killer Guitar!!!   Absolutely Killer Guitar!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 10:37 pm

Rapid fire strumming! Absolutely Killer Guitar!!! 11840
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely Killer Guitar!!!   Absolutely Killer Guitar!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 11:20 pm

Roy can pick a guitar like nobody's business!

stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely Killer Guitar!!!   Absolutely Killer Guitar!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:04 am

That part at 1:22 sounds familiar. Hmm...Tourniquet used that same riff in "Viento Borrascoso".

And by the way, HOLY COW! I didn't realize he was THAT good. He could play in any metal band, I think.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely Killer Guitar!!!   Absolutely Killer Guitar!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:59 am

Nice.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely Killer Guitar!!!   Absolutely Killer Guitar!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 2:07 am

That was awesome. Totally made my night.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely Killer Guitar!!!   Absolutely Killer Guitar!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 5:39 am

Quote :

That part at 1:22 sounds familiar. Hmm...Tourniquet used that same riff in "Viento Borrascoso".

Yeah you're right!

Ted must be a big fan...
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely Killer Guitar!!!   Absolutely Killer Guitar!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 7:58 am

Roy is awesome alright. And on the subject of Hee-Haw,my parents were big fans so I saw it every Saturday night.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely Killer Guitar!!!   Absolutely Killer Guitar!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 8:42 am

That kicked ass, incredible guitarist!!!!!! Saw this clip last night on FB and watched it a few times.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely Killer Guitar!!!   Absolutely Killer Guitar!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 11:14 am

Troublezone wrote:
Rapid fire strumming! Absolutely Killer Guitar!!! 11840

The way his wrist was flailing about, he could give Johnny Ramone a run for his money.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely Killer Guitar!!!   Absolutely Killer Guitar!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 11:59 am

Holy crap, that guy is amazing! affraid
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely Killer Guitar!!!   Absolutely Killer Guitar!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:15 pm

I just became a fan after seeing that. Now I have to track some of his stuff down.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely Killer Guitar!!!   Absolutely Killer Guitar!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:17 pm

His catalog is vast and stylistically not all like that, Rex....Just so you know.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely Killer Guitar!!!   Absolutely Killer Guitar!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:18 pm

That's cool. I've been broadening my horizons a lot lately.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely Killer Guitar!!!   Absolutely Killer Guitar!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:20 pm

Nothing wrong with that, Sir. Nothing at all....

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely Killer Guitar!!!   Absolutely Killer Guitar!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:23 pm

Shiney wrote:
His catalog is vast and stylistically not all like that, Rex....Just so you know.

"Spanish flamenco guitar" is not normally associated with the name Roy Clark. Think more of "a pickin' and a grinnin'." I still picture Buck Owens with his red, white & blue acoustic standing next to Roy and his banjo.

Absolutely Killer Guitar!!! 6a00e54efdf11288330120a54199a4970c-800wi

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely Killer Guitar!!!   Absolutely Killer Guitar!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:27 pm

Yeah, I know.....I used to be forced to watch Hee-Haw when I was young pup.....before I could appreciate it.

I've been absolutely STUCK on the Avett Brothers for months.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely Killer Guitar!!!   Absolutely Killer Guitar!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Absolutely Killer Guitar!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: