Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NLTM July '11 Update

Go down 
+14
JBall_Z
manny
TheGreatDuck
Smindas
kmorg
Eyesore
chewie
Gilbert
fingers
Tur-Thalion
GrandNational
Required Fields
SpectreFate
ultmetal
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

NLTM July '11 Update Empty
PostSubject: NLTM July '11 Update   NLTM July '11 Update Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 9:10 pm

http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/updates.htm

Let me know if you find any errors, typos, etc. Thanks.

ult

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '11 Update   NLTM July '11 Update Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 9:30 pm

You have TYRANT spelled TRYANT
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '11 Update   NLTM July '11 Update Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 9:38 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
You have TYRANT spelled TRYANT

Thanks. Fixed.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '11 Update   NLTM July '11 Update Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 9:42 pm

I am now checking out the updates.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '11 Update   NLTM July '11 Update Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 9:52 pm

Though it's not politically correct to say so, that song is about as ga-hey as a song can get. I mean, c'mon, no guy should ever sing the lines, "I'm hot, sticky sweet, from my head to my feet". Laughing very hard

I love you Scott Waters, in the most brotherly and manly way possible.
Back to top Go down
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '11 Update   NLTM July '11 Update Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 10:58 pm

In the Black Sabbath bio, you have "Tony Iommi temporarily jumping ship and joining." Change to "jumped" and "joining" to "joined."

Master of Reality review, "not a bad son ion 'Master of Reality,'" typo "ion." Also in the following sentence change it's to its (heard in its entirety).

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath review, 2nd line. Delete the in: "It is a The beautiful." Next sentence, drop the 's' in "utilizes."

Sabotage review, 2nd-3rd line, "by some of thrash metal pioneers." Either drop "of" or add 's to "metal."

Technical Ecstasy review, 5th line, change "of" to "off" in "starts the disc of." 7th line, change "use to" to "used to."

Never Say Die review, 4th line, change it's to its in "with it's ultra-cool groove." 2nd paragraph line 1, change "quite" to "quit." 3rd paragraph, change "recording" to "record." Also, delete the whole 4th paragraph, as it is already included at the beginning of the 1st paragraph
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '11 Update   NLTM July '11 Update Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:14 pm

Tur-Thalion wrote:
In the Black Sabbath bio, you have "Tony Iommi temporarily jumping ship and joining." Change to "jumped" and "joining" to "joined."

Master of Reality review, "not a bad son ion 'Master of Reality,'" typo "ion." Also in the following sentence change it's to its (heard in its entirety).

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath review, 2nd line. Delete the in: "It is a The beautiful." Next sentence, drop the 's' in "utilizes."

Sabotage review, 2nd-3rd line, "by some of thrash metal pioneers." Either drop "of" or add 's to "metal."

Technical Ecstasy review, 5th line, change "of" to "off" in "starts the disc of." 7th line, change "use to" to "used to."

Never Say Die review, 4th line, change it's to its in "with it's ultra-cool groove." 2nd paragraph line 1, change "quite" to "quit." 3rd paragraph, change "recording" to "record." Also, delete the whole 4th paragraph, as it is already included at the beginning of the 1st paragraph

Awesome! Thanks for catching all that. Fixed.

Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '11 Update   NLTM July '11 Update Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:26 pm

ultmetal wrote:
http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/updates.htm

Let me know if you find any errors, typos, etc. Thanks.

ult

Thanks for reviewing the new Vicious Rumors album IMO it's even better than the self titled and Welcome to the Ball and all of their other albums and as good as Sadistic Symphony and Digital Dictator.

For your review on Def Leppard's Hysteria Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Ive posted the link on my facebook staus updates on how entertaining the review is to get everyone to have a look. A very solid valid opinion on the album how a metal purist would see the album. But I however don't completely agree with the opinion though, it's still their last good album if you exclude Retroactive and you look back at the album its a great one but if I was a metalhead in 1987 I would of absolutely hated the album. If you compare this album to any mainstream rock album of the past 15 years Hysteria would be alot better. I however am going to go against the grain and say Retroactive is Def Leppard's best album after Pyromania ok no one else will agree with me and think I'm talking smurf poo.

What also surprises me is you seem to be alot harsher on your opinion on Hysteria than you are with their album "X" which is absolute heavy metal blasphemy which gives me the impression you prefer X over Hysteria well maybe not. "X" along with St Anger are one of the worst albums to be recorded in the past 10 years.
Back to top Go down
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '11 Update   NLTM July '11 Update Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:44 pm

No prob, Ult.

By the way I liked your review of High 'n' Dry. Such a killer album, especially the 2nd half
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '11 Update   NLTM July '11 Update Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:51 am

Great!

More Nazareth albums headbanger
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '11 Update   NLTM July '11 Update Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 3:03 am

Dead on with Castle Walls!!! That is a Great Song and the vocals are amazing!!. That whole second side (I used to have the LP) has a different feel... Man In The Wilderness is underrated, as well.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '11 Update   NLTM July '11 Update Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 3:35 am

Missed a contraction in the Hard Time EP review:

Every time I hear this album I am amazed that this album was much bigger than it was...
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '11 Update   NLTM July '11 Update Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 4:40 am

In your HammerFall review you have 2 songs mislabeled. 66 - The Enemy Within & On More Time.

I also find it amusing (as I did the same myself), that you label the ballad a classic Hammerall song, seeing as it is a cover song!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '11 Update   NLTM July '11 Update Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 6:00 am

I'm surprised Eyesore hasn't leapt at your throat for your Hysteria review ;P

Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '11 Update   NLTM July '11 Update Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 9:59 am

You've got the cover of Vixen's debut instead the one of "Rev It Up".
Nice to see some Styx there, btw.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '11 Update   NLTM July '11 Update Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 10:11 am

Thanks for all the proof-reading. Appreciate it.

TheGreatDuck wrote:
Nice to see some Styx there, btw.

You can thank our own Vexer6 for that. He hooked me up with Killroy Was Here, so then I had to get Grand Illusion.

Smindas wrote:

Just stated my opinion. I also made it clear that the majority of fans don't agree with me.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '11 Update   NLTM July '11 Update Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 11:44 am

Excellent job as usual and it made me want to pick up those Nazareth albums you reviewed, nice job sir.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '11 Update   NLTM July '11 Update Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:16 pm

manny wrote:
Excellent job as usual and it made me want to pick up those Nazareth albums you reviewed, nice job sir.

Thanks. I've been in a Naz mood over the past month. Will be adding some more when I can afford to. NLTM July '11 Update 604261

Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '11 Update   NLTM July '11 Update Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:19 pm

I'm with you, Scott. As far as Def Leppard is concerned, Hysteria was the last Def Leppard album I ever purchased. I bought it when it was released because I was a big fan of the band before the accident. I was very excited to hear the new Def Leppard material, but the change in direction, at the time, was unacceptable to me. I remember thinking it would have been better if they had left us with nothing, but the first three albums, to ponder years later what it would have been like if the great DL hadn't broken up. We could have imagined all of the great metal they would have made. But instead, we got "I'm hot, sticky sweet..."

Anyway, now, I have to admit, if Rocket or PSSOM comes on the radio, I may or may not change the station. I've even considered picking this CD up again when I saw it at Walmart for $5.00. Go figure. I guess time does heal all wounds and softens our resolve.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '11 Update   NLTM July '11 Update Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:29 pm

Smindas wrote:
I've known his opinion on that album for a long time, so it wasn't surprising.

He's wrong, of course. lol!
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '11 Update   NLTM July '11 Update Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:30 pm

Also, I liked your Styx reviews. I've always been a fan. Recently, I've been trying to fill the holes in my Styx collection with vinyl. I've got great copies of Equinox, Paradise Theater and Kilroy Was Here on vinyl. I actually like the later a lot more than I thought I would. Back in '83, I thought the song Kilroy Was Here was just plain dumb, and never bought the album, but now I'm glad to have it and listen to it frequently.
Back to top Go down
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '11 Update   NLTM July '11 Update Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:40 pm

in the Hysteria review, 4th paragraph, you wrote "I copies and pasted." Change copies -> copied.

By the way, I thought you used to have a Hysteria review up there for the re-release with a 2nd disc? I seem to recall reading that the bonus disc was a bit better (I've never heard it myself).
Back to top Go down
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '11 Update   NLTM July '11 Update Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:41 pm

in the Slang review, change "paired" to "pared."
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '11 Update   NLTM July '11 Update Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:47 pm

Tur-Thalion wrote:
in the Slang review, change "paired" to "pared."

Tur-Thalion wrote:
in the Hysteria review, 4th paragraph, you wrote "I copies and pasted." Change copies -> copied.

Thanks.

Tur-Thalion wrote:
By the way, I thought you used to have a Hysteria review up there for the re-release with a 2nd disc? I seem to recall reading that the bonus disc was a bit better (I've never heard it myself).

No. Never owned the two disc version. Would be interesting to hear though.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '11 Update   NLTM July '11 Update Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 1:08 pm

Sorry you didn't like Blue Tears much, guess sending you that one wasn't such a great idea lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '11 Update   NLTM July '11 Update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NLTM July '11 Update
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next