Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NLTM July '13 Update

Go down 
+7
BearOnUnicycle
jstate
Chairman_Smith
Required Fields
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

NLTM July '13 Update Empty
PostSubject: NLTM July '13 Update   NLTM July '13 Update Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 am

NLTM July '13 Update

http://nolifetilmetal.com/

As always, if you see any typos, broken links, or any other problems, I appreciate you guys helping me out there.

Last edited by ultmetal on Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '13 Update   NLTM July '13 Update Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 10:55 am

From the Sabbath 13 review:
"For this record, drummer Brad Wilk, known mostly for his work with Rage Against the Machine and Audioslave." Seems like an incomplete thought.

"Four decades later and they are still able to deliver the good" Good needs an 's'

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '13 Update   NLTM July '13 Update Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 11:09 am

Thanks.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '13 Update   NLTM July '13 Update Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 12:46 pm

You are absolutely right about the Coheed and Cambria album. Stellar stuff.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '13 Update   NLTM July '13 Update Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 2:03 pm

Check your private messages, ultmetal. I noticed a typo in one of your Helstar reviews.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '13 Update   NLTM July '13 Update Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 2:06 pm

Also, the title of this thread should be NLTM July '13 update, not NLTM May '13 update.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '13 Update   NLTM July '13 Update Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 4:04 pm

I'd have to say, as someone who is critical of the new Megadeth album, why I am. I honestly use to be a huge Megadeth fan, they were my favorite band for a long time!

A good chunk of it, is the terrible production and mastering that has been hindering every Megadeth album since UA. It gets worse with every release! This time it is just awful. I told my friend that this album sounds like it was recorded on tin foil.

His lyrics were much better on this release than they were on Thirteen, I still don't think it's anything to write home about. At least we didn't get any flat out political lectures from "Professor Mustaine" this time. He may have always been political, but not in this way.

As much as I hate that Metallica, Anthrax, Alice in Chains, Tool, ect, ect release albums on 5 year or more intervals, I think it'd actually do Mustaine a bit of good to take a break. He doesn't even need to release records anymore, I mean he stops playing songs from the previous album as soon as the new one drops. I think if you combined the best from Endgame, Thirteen and Super Collider you'd get a really good to great album rather than an average to below average album.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '13 Update   NLTM July '13 Update Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 12:38 pm

Glad to see the love for Dokken's Broken Bones. I keep going back to it and enjoy it more with each listen.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '13 Update   NLTM July '13 Update Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 1:15 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
I'd have to say, as someone who is critical of the new Megadeth album, why I am.  I honestly use to be a huge Megadeth fan, they were my favorite band for a long time!

A good chunk of it, is the terrible production and mastering that has been hindering every Megadeth album since UA.  It gets worse with every release!  This time it is just awful.  I told my friend that this album sounds like it was recorded on tin foil.  

His lyrics were much better on this release than they were on Thirteen, I still don't think it's anything to write home about.  At least we didn't get any flat out political lectures from "Professor Mustaine" this time.  He may have always been political, but not in this way.

As much as I hate that Metallica, Anthrax, Alice in Chains, Tool, ect, ect release albums on 5 year or more intervals, I think it'd actually do Mustaine a bit of good to take a break.  He doesn't even need to release records anymore, I mean he stops playing songs from the previous album as soon as the new one drops.  I think if you combined the best from Endgame, Thirteen and Super Collider you'd get a really good to great album rather than an average to below average album.

Always had a problem with production on pretty much every Mega album. For me, it lacks power, some kind of a punching guitar sound, not sure how to put it in words correctly. Sounds too, don't know, safe for these ears, while logically the sonics should blow your head off. We're talking about thrash in the end.
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '13 Update   NLTM July '13 Update Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 5:30 pm

Just wondering, how come it took you so long to get this update done, ult? Ultimatum obligations, I assume?

Anyway, what do you think of The Power Station, ult? I know they might be too poppy for you, but then, you already have some poppy stuff here, and The Power Station did have some pretty rockin' tunes too. Tony Thompson was a monster drummer, too bad he passed away so early.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '13 Update   NLTM July '13 Update Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 10:03 am

TheGreatDuck wrote:
Just wondering, how come it took you so long to get this update done, ult? Ultimatum obligations, I assume?

Anyway, what do you think of The Power Station, ult? I know they might be too poppy for you, but then, you already have some poppy stuff here, and The Power Station did have some pretty rockin' tunes too. Tony Thompson was a monster drummer, too bad he passed away so early.

Power Station? Isn't that the band that did "Some Like It Hot"? If I remember correctly they also had a hit with a horribly butchered cover of T.Rex' "Get It On (Bang a Gong)" Haha. No, I'm not a big fan of that Duran Duran style 80's pop.

As for the updates, sometimes life gets in the way.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '13 Update   NLTM July '13 Update Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 11:05 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
You are absolutely right about the Coheed and Cambria album. Stellar stuff.

I might have to check these guys out. Where is a good place to start?

Also, in the Yngwie Live!! review...

"I'd rather hear a good album that an album filled with flubs and mistakes."

I think you mean 'than'.

Interesting that you'd say that. More often than not, little flubs or mistakes make the live album more interesting. If you want a sterile, perfect performance, just listen to the studio albums, right?

Saxon - Sacrafice
"Sacrifice" is not exception.
'no' exception.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '13 Update   NLTM July '13 Update Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 12:14 pm

ultmetal wrote:
TheGreatDuck wrote:

Power Station? Isn't that the band that did "Some Like It Hot"? If I remember correctly they also had a hit with a horribly butchered cover of T.Rex' "Get It On (Bang a Gong)" Haha. No, I'm not a big fan of that Duran Duran style 80's pop.

As for the updates, sometimes life gets in the way.
They also had that song "We Fight For Love" in the movie Commando.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '13 Update   NLTM July '13 Update Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 12:26 am

So why did this thread come up with new replies today? A glitch?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '13 Update   NLTM July '13 Update Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 4:09 pm

Don't know. I see nothing new except for your post. Haha.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '13 Update   NLTM July '13 Update Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 4:58 pm

Well that was weird. I got all excited; thought we had an early update Razz 
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '13 Update   NLTM July '13 Update Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 5:09 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Well that was weird. I got all excited; thought we had an early update Razz 

So did I! So disappointing.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '13 Update   NLTM July '13 Update Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 5:13 pm

Sorry. I'm working on one.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '13 Update   NLTM July '13 Update Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 5:16 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Sorry. I'm working on one.

NLTM July '13 Update 25679 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NLTM July '13 Update   NLTM July '13 Update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NLTM July '13 Update
Page 1 of 1