Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Answer - New Album Update

Go down 
+4
tohostudios
Red Kitty
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Answer -  New Album Update - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 12:28 pm

*BUMP*

Another new album coming soon-ish...

Quote :
Northern Irish rockers THE ANSWER have re-signed with Napalm. The band's new album, titled "Raise A Little Hell", will be released on March 10 in North America.

Sweet.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 1:37 pm

Just downloaded the New Horizon digital-only EP the other day. This tune just came on. Caught me by surprise...

Not too different musically, but it's pretty neat hearing it with a rock vocal approach.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 4:48 pm

I downloaded Raise A Little Hell last week and have been playing it ever since. The Answer is definitely one of my favorite bands.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 12:28 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Just downloaded the New Horizon digital-only EP the other day. This tune just came on. Caught me by surprise...

Not too different musically, but it's pretty neat hearing it with a rock vocal approach.

Interesting take on that tune. I'm so used to hearing that little fidget Danzig though, it's hard to judge this one. When did this ep come out? First I've heard of it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 2:55 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Interesting take on that tune. I'm so used to hearing that little fidget Danzig though, it's hard to judge this one. When did this ep come out? First I've heard of it.

Looks like it came out about a year ago.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 12:38 pm

Bump for new album info...

Northern Irish rockers THE ANSWER will release their new album, "Solas", on October 28 via Napalm.
The Answer -  New Album Update - Page 2 Theanswersolascd

Sounds good to me! crazy happy

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 5:52 pm

Hmmm...I'm not sure what to think of that track. The Answer has become one of my favorite bands but until that track got to about the 1:50 mark I couldn't have told you who it even was. It sounds like their "expanding their sound" which can either be really good or really bad.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 8:42 am

I don't really like the title track very much.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 11:03 am

Yea, I'm not getting all warm & fuzzy over the upcoming album either. I was excited when I first heard the news, but the songs aren't really doing much for me. Not bad, but just...eh.

Not just with these guys, but in general, I'm starting to get to a point where I'm thinking "Do I really need anymore of (insert band here)? I think I've got enough them."

It's happening more often than not lately.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 6:07 pm

it's really disappointing to me because The Answer has been one of my "with a bullet" bands (remember the old Billboard charts?).  They were shooting up my list of favorites but the two songs I've heard don't really do anything for me.  As you said they're not terrible but nothing like the stuff I've grown to love from this band either.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 5:32 pm

So what does anyone who has heard the whole thing think of it?

What I've heard has convinced me to skip it.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 5:33 pm

BTW, why is this thread in this forum?  Are The Answer now not considered hard rock I kept scrolling through pages in the Heart of Metal forum looking for it before I had to use Eyesore's favorite function on the board. Search.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 2:20 pm

tohostudios wrote:

After recently revisiting their past catalog, I've toyed with picking it up (especially since I got some free Amazon cash from the holidays) to keep the collection complete, but the stuff I've heard just doesn't do anything for me. It's a shame really, as I've grown to enjoy their past efforts quite a bit.

Unless I find a real cheap copy, I think this will go in the "pass" column.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 2:23 pm

tohostudios wrote:
BTW, why is this thread in this forum?  Are The Answer now not considered hard rock  I kept scrolling through pages in the Heart of Metal forum looking for it before I had to use Eyesore's favorite function on the board.  Search.

I don't recall, but I probably started it here during one of those pointless debates when someone had a bug up their ass about some other band and figured I stick it here to avoid more conflict.

If a mod feels the desire to move it, go right ahead.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 5:42 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

After recently revisiting their past catalog, I've toyed with picking it up (especially since I got some free Amazon cash from the holidays) to keep the collection complete, but the stuff I've heard just doesn't do anything for me. It's a shame really, as I've grown to enjoy their past efforts quite a bit.

Unless I find a real cheap copy, I think this will go in the "pass" column.

It's a real shame.  They were rising up my list of favorite bands; even the "bonus" tracks and CDs in their previous releases were good.  And then this thing....

Reminds me of when Therion was my favorite band and then they released "The Gothic Turd" and I was like  "WTF happened????"

Last edited by tohostudios on Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 5:43 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
BTW, why is this thread in this forum?  Are The Answer now not considered hard rock  I kept scrolling through pages in the Heart of Metal forum looking for it before I had to use Eyesore's favorite function on the board.  Search.

I don't recall, but I probably started it here during one of those pointless debates when someone had a bug up their ass about some other band and figured I stick it here to avoid more conflict.

If a mod feels the desire to move it, go right ahead.

No need to move it, I was just curious.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 5:50 pm

This is from the sleazeroxx review:

Quote :
With respect to Solas, I should quote from the notes provided to me by the band…
Ten years, five albums and thousands of shows later, The Answer returned home from the last date of their 2015 US Raise A Little Hell tour, to a scene of utter emotional chaos. Staring into a financial and creative abyss, matters escalated further when main lyricist and lead singer Cormac Neeson disclosed that he wondered if he could bring himself to ever create anything again let alone pen a new record.
Neeson’s newly born son, Dabhog, had just arrived into the world three months premature and weighing a mere 1 lb, 12 oz. He would spend the next four months in hospital fighting for his life. Born with multiple health issues and with the spectre of an open-heart operation on the horizon, Neeson and his wife were thrown into a nightmarish world of ventilators, blood transfusions and an enveloping fear of the unknown that lay ahead.
“I look back at that time of my life as a darkness I didn’t know existed. It felt like all the lights in the world had been dimmed and weren’t ever coming back up again. I emerged from that whole experience a different man,” explains Neeson.
With that in mind, let’s now talk about Solas. If you’re expecting arena rock anthems like “Revival,” “Renegades” or my personal favourite “Spectacular,” this isn’t the album for you. Solas is a wide departure from what The Answer has offered in the past.  Whether it’s because of a maturing sound, or the extraneous facts noted in the quote above, there’s a new sound and a new focus to this band. The lyrics are more introspective and the music is less aggressive, leaning toward gentile and exploratory.
It reminds me of Canadian band Our Lady Peace. Their first few albums were solid ’90s hard rock, and all of a sudden they “evolved” into generic radio-friendly pabulum. I’m not saying The Answer are going there yet, but Solas is an outlier in  the band’s catalogue.

A definite pass for me.

PostSubject: Re: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Answer - New Album Update
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2