Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Answer - New Album Update

Go down 
+4
tohostudios
Red Kitty
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Answer -  New Album Update Empty
PostSubject: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 4:26 pm

Quote :
Irish rockers THE ANSWER will release their third studio album, "Revival", in September via Spinefarm Records/Universal. The CD was produced by Chris "Frenchie" Smith and mixed by Chris Sheldon.

Commented singer Cormac Neeson: "The studio we used was on a ranch in the middle of a pecan orchard near El Paso, next to the Mexican border — a wonderful place for creating music, with that whole Wild West vibe, and 'Frenchie' was always encouraging us to dream that bit bigger and rock that bit harder. We had a lot of fun, and the experience was a positive one from start to finish."

To coincide with the new album release, THE ANSWER has announced its first U.K. tour since December 2009; the band spent the previous 18 months on the road with AC/DC on the latter's record-breaking "Black Ice" world tour — the full story of which has been documented on THE ANSWER's recently released DVD/CD set, "412 Days Of Rock 'N' Roll', also available via Spinefarm.

The first taste of new material from THE ANSWER can be found exclusively on the Sonisphere web site where you can download the brand new track, "Piece By Piece", for free.

Yet another album coming out in September. Popular month for new releases. Looking forward to hearing this.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 4:28 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
Irish rockers THE ANSWER will release their third studio album, "Revival", in September via Spinefarm Records/Universal. The CD was produced by Chris "Frenchie" Smith and mixed by Chris Sheldon.

Commented singer Cormac Neeson: "The studio we used was on a ranch in the middle of a pecan orchard near El Paso, next to the Mexican border — a wonderful place for creating music, with that whole Wild West vibe, and 'Frenchie' was always encouraging us to dream that bit bigger and rock that bit harder. We had a lot of fun, and the experience was a positive one from start to finish."

To coincide with the new album release, THE ANSWER has announced its first U.K. tour since December 2009; the band spent the previous 18 months on the road with AC/DC on the latter's record-breaking "Black Ice" world tour — the full story of which has been documented on THE ANSWER's recently released DVD/CD set, "412 Days Of Rock 'N' Roll', also available via Spinefarm.

The first taste of new material from THE ANSWER can be found exclusively on the Sonisphere web site where you can download the brand new track, "Piece By Piece", for free.

Yet another album coming out in September. Popular month for new releases. Looking forward to hearing this.

On the cusp of the upcoming holidays, summer vacations are over, people are gearing up for 4 or 5 months indoors...perfect time to release an album...
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 6:28 pm

Looking forward to it as well...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 7:08 pm

I will definitely be picking this one up. This band has one of my favorite vocalists.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 11:02 am

Looking forward to the new album.I was just wondering about these guys the other day,and then I saw this thread.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 10:36 pm

Update:

Quote :
Irish rockers THE ANSWER will release their third studio album, "Revival", on October 3 2011 via Spinefarm Records. The initial run of the album will be a limited-edition deluxe format with 24-page booklet and band sleeve notes, plus an 11-track second disc containing previously unreleased studio, acoustic, demo and cover material.

"Revival" was produced by Chris "Frenchie" Smith and mixed by Chris Sheldon.

The track listing for the limited-edition deluxe version is as follows:

Disc 1:

01. Waste Your Tears
02. Use Me
03. Trouble
04. Nowhere Freeway
05. Tornado
06. Vida (I Want You)
07. Caught On The Riverbed
08. Destroy Me
09. New Day Rising
10. Can’t Remember, Can’t Forget
11. One More Revival
12. Lights Are Down

Disc 2:

01. Piece By Piece
02. Faith Gone Down
03. Nowhere Freeway (live acoustic)
04. Tailspin (demo)
05. Fire And Water (FREE cover)
06. What I Am (demo)
07. Caught On The Riverbed (live acoustic)
08. The Enemy (demo)
09. Show Me The World (demo)
10. One More Revival (live acoustic)
11. Lights Are Down (piano and vocals)

The first single/video from the album will be "Vida (I Want You)" backed with "Can't Remember, Can't Forget" (live acoustic), set for release through Spinefarm on September 5. The album also contains a duet, "Nowhere Freeway", which sees singer Cormac Neeson pairing up with rock 'n' soul vocalist and SAINT JUDE frontwoman Lynne Jackaman for an impressive vocal display.

Commented Neeson: "The studio we used was on a ranch in the middle of a pecan orchard near El Paso, next to the Mexican border — a wonderful place for creating music, with that whole Wild West vibe, and 'Frenchie' was always encouraging us to dream that bit bigger and rock that bit harder. We had a lot of fun, and the experience was a positive one from start to finish."

Continued Cormac: "THE ANSWER are back, and our mission is to revive rock 'n' roll from the grassroots up! We had two great years playing in some of the biggest venues in the world, but this time around, on the first leg of our 'Revival' tour, we're going back to the sweaty, intimate venues where it all began. We've missed the intensity of being able to look our fans straight in the eye, and to have a beer with them after the show. We've got an entire album's worth of new material, and we're excited… bring it on!"

The Answer -  New Album Update Answerrevival
Hell yeah!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 10:53 am

Sweet!! Their debut album was released with a limited edition 2nd cd in the same fashion. Covers, alt versions, live, etc. I generally don't spend more than $10 on a cd, but I'll shell out the extra sheckles (within reason) for this one. Farkin' A!!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 11:52 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Sweet!! Their debut album was released with a limited edition 2nd cd in the same fashion. Covers, alt versions, live, etc. I generally don't spend more than $10 on a cd, but I'll shell out the extra sheckles (within reason) for this one. Farkin' A!!
Yeah, that limited version of the debut is excellent. But it was an import, right? I think they're popular enough now that the US will see that 2CD version, so the price should be decent.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 12:36 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Yeah, that limited version of the debut is excellent. But it was an import, right? I think they're popular enough now that the US will see that 2CD version, so the price should be decent.

Yea, I believe the limited edition debut was the UK import. I found a copy on Amazon that I think I paid $12 or $13 total, so it wasn't that bad and totally worth it just for the cover of 'Sweet Emotion' on disc 2.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 6:35 pm

So I received my copy of the deluxe edition of the new album "Revival" yesterday. This is the 2-disc version. Problem? I can't seem to get disc 1 out of the player to check out disc 2.

Holy crap this thing is excellent! Instantly memorable songs but they're so intricately written that you don't know what's going to happen from one passage to the next. They're memorable but interesting. And that singer! He really amps up the Chris Robinson vibe on this album while still hitting Robert Plant-like highs.

This album just may dethrone Michael Monroe for my album of the year. The Answer is quickly becoming one of my favorite bands.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 6:54 pm

SO WANT THIS! I'm going to have to splurge.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 7:41 pm

Eyesore wrote:

It's worth it! The only song of the 12 on the "album proper" that I don't care for is the last one. The rest are golden IMO. I love how I can sing along with the choruses but there are interludes and solos that break things up and keep the songs from just being verse, chorus, verse chorus.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 7:46 pm

http://www.theanswer.ie/

and those aren't even the "featured" songs.

Check out Waste Your Tears for that strange Zeppelin/Black Crowes sound this band specializes in.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 9:24 am

Eyesore wrote:

I'm thinking the same thing. I might have to go out of my "budget zone" and grab this one. Have you heard their other albums Toho or is this one your first?

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 3:55 pm

I have them all.

EDIT: Actually I guess I'm missing the EP. I have Rise, Everyday Demons and Revival.

Last edited by tohostudios on Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 5:35 pm

Finally popped in disc 2 and it's excellent as well.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 5:46 pm

Back to disc 1. There's some worthwhile stuff on disc 2 but by and large the alternate versions and demos from other albums don't hold a candle to the main disc. The originals on disc 2 are pretty cool but the whole disc pales compared to disc 1. Tracks like this:

http://grooveshark.com/#/s/Vida+I+Want+You+/4cBXda?src=5

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 9:23 am

This brings back memories of wanting to buy something strictly due to the cover art.

So this is Chris Robinson-esque in the vocal dept ?

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 9:26 am

James B. wrote:
This brings back memories of wanting to buy something strictly due to the cover art.

Like a cross between Chris Robinson and Robert Plant IMO.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 9:30 am

Thanks........That cover brings back memories of stuff I used to da as a teenager. The only thing missing is the rope swing and the keg....and a couple fatty's rolled in a Randy's !

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 9:42 am

This song captures the Robinson/Plant hybrid vocals perfectly IMO.

http://grooveshark.com/#/s/Tornado/4cBWSW?src=5

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 9:46 am

right on....thanks again

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:41 pm

tohostudios wrote:
James B. wrote:

Like a cross between Chris Robinson and Robert Plant IMO.

I gotta check this out!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:43 pm

"title" cut:

http://grooveshark.com/#/search?q=the+answer+one+more+revival

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 9:47 am

Bump for new album info...

Quote :
With new management, live booking agents and record label on board, late 2012 saw The Answer enter the studio with former Little Angels vocalist Toby Jepson at the production helm. With mixes from rock icon Mike Fraser (AC/DC, Metallica), the new record 'New Horizon' will be their fourth studio album and will be released on September 30th, 2013, through Napalm Records GmbH.

The band were also honoured and privileged that the late Storm Thorgerson and his team saw fit to design the artwork for the new album and Storm was working on final ideas for the album cover just before his sad passing.

PostSubject: Re: The Answer - New Album Update   The Answer -  New Album Update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Answer - New Album Update
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next