Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jon Oliva & The WWF

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Jon Oliva & The WWF Empty
PostSubject: Jon Oliva & The WWF   Jon Oliva & The WWF Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 11:51 am

I had forgotten this existed (it was over 15 years ago after all), but around 1995-96, WWF recorded a song for an album that featured the Mountain King himself, Jon Oliva. I remember them showing a video promoting it on the show and found it on youtube. Somehow this song ended up in my music library recently so I'd thought I'd share it with the Jon Oliva fans who never liked wrestling and might not have been aware of it and almost certainly never saw the video (also apparently Scott Ian and Kenny from Type O Negative were part of the song as well):

The video quality is not great (probably made from someone's VHS footage) but a neat part of metal and pro-wrestling history (two of my top forms of entertainment).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva & The WWF   Jon Oliva & The WWF Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 1:48 pm

Sorted that for you DB.

I have that CD floating around here somewhere, it's called WWF "Full Metal the Album"
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva & The WWF   Jon Oliva & The WWF Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 3:06 pm

I have the track in mp3 format, but I'd never seen the video!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva & The WWF   Jon Oliva & The WWF Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 4:54 pm

Scott Ian's in the video. Is that Mike Starr, too?

Never heard the song before, so that's cool. I give it 3 Boston Crabs out of 5.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva & The WWF   Jon Oliva & The WWF Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 7:05 pm

Yea there were 2 songs. The other one had guys from Biohazard in it as well. I believe you got that MP3 from me DB Very Happy

Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva & The WWF   Jon Oliva & The WWF Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 10:27 am

Upon reading the thread title I became excited thinking that Jon oliva had signed up to be a new wrestling superstar. He certainly has the bulk to compete with those guys lol.

Disappointingly this was not the case Sad
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva & The WWF   Jon Oliva & The WWF Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 11:18 am

Wayne wrote:
Upon reading the thread title I became excited thinking that Jon oliva had signed up to be a new wrestling superstar. He certainly has the bulk to compete with those guys lol.

Disappointingly this was not the case Sad

Did you forget that the only WWF these days is the World Wildlife Fund?
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva & The WWF   Jon Oliva & The WWF Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jon Oliva & The WWF
Page 1 of 1