Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kong
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 30

Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available! Empty
PostSubject: Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available!   Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 5:00 pm

Press Release-------------------------------

Vocalist Jon Oliva from JOP, Savatage and TSO featured in new The Right to Rock podcast.

TheRighttoRock.com has issued their latest podcast (episode #58), featuring Jon Oliva's Pain, Savatage and TSO Vocalist Jon Oliva. Jon took time out of his busy schedule to discuss his latest JOP release Global Warning. Jon dissects the new CD and gives the meaning behind several tracks on this stellar release. Interview last approx. 60 min.

Can you feel the Pain? Well here's the 4th entry in TRTR's An Evening With… series where the whole podcast centers around a particular artist and their current release. Tonight's entry is An Evening With…JOP. That's right the boys sat down with Jon Oliva to discuss his latest CD, Global Warning, as well as current happenings with Savatage and TSO. Well get prepared to enter the hall of the Mountain King, because Genghis and Ragman may need back up.

Best Regards,

Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available! 505193
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available!   Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 1:11 am

When is this happening?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available!   Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 1:13 am

Found it. Here's the link.

http://therighttorock.com/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available!   Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 1:56 am

Listening to it Kong.

He said there is more Criss tunes on GW than on MR. as far as songs go. On MR tye were more riffs than songs.

Last edited by DenimAndLeather on Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available!   Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 3:00 am

This is the best interview ever. He said he's going to tour with TSO. He also said he was going to join Black Sabbath years ago. never knew that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available!   Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 11:44 am

Did anybody else listen to this?
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available!   Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 11:45 am

Gotta be honest, never checked into JOP.

What's a good album to start with Rich?
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available!   Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 11:46 am

The newest one, Global Warning.

Do you like Savatage? If you do, you should like this too.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available!   Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 12:09 pm

Love Savatage. Im sure Ill like it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available!   Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 12:23 pm

Jon found some old tapes with some Criss riffs on them and has been using them the last two cds to write songs. Very cool. You should listen to the interview. It's great.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available!   Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 2:23 pm

You really can't go wrong with any of the three, but Rich is right, GW
has the most songs that are reminicent of the older Savatage. I still
think that 'Tage Mahal is overall the best album, though.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available!   Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 4:51 pm

bump for myself. It's too late for me know, but I'll check back later.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available!   Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 1:21 am

They'll be in Texas in January? Shocked
Back to top Go down
ghostintheruins
Metal novice
Metal novice
ghostintheruins

Number of posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available!   Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 6:07 am

Thanks for posting this, downloading it now \m/
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available!   Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 8:29 am

Finally made time to listen to this late last night. This is the best John Oliva interview I've ever heard. Tons of great info on past, present and future events here. 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available!   Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 5:35 pm

YEP, AWESOME INTERVIEW.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available!   Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 7:52 pm

I'm excited. If they come ANYWHERE close to me, I'm going! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available!   Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 10:05 pm

Awesome podcast. Can't wait to see JOP!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available!   Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 3:35 pm

I listened to this on Friday and was blown away by how cool Jon seems. Just a down to Earth guy who doesn't have delusions about the music business. He has the fans first and foremost in his priorities.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available!   Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 3:37 pm

Spec, maybe we can meet him in Palm Harbor. That would be cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available!   Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 3:42 pm

So you're coming? It will be awesome if you do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available!   Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 3:43 pm

We'll see where I am at the time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available!   Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 3:44 pm

Roger.
Back to top Go down
Kong
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available!   Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 5:46 pm

I must say that working with Oliva for the past 4 + years has been
not only the most amazing musical experience but the most
fun I have ever had in this business. That interview is exactly his day-to-day attitude towards music the fans and his sincere appreciation for the support he has and continues to receive. He is one of the nicest people you could every meet... intelligent, and hard working.

Global Warning has been released for less than 4 months and we are
already 8-9 songs deep into working on the next JOP release. When he is not recording TSO's next record NIGHTCASTLE, he is hard a work digging through more of the Criss Oliva forgotten riffs and forging ahead with what seems to be an endless plate of new songs. It's just insane to watch him work and the open platform JOP has for everyone to bring song idea's into the mix. He treats us as an equal, which lord knows is a far cry from the actual truth. The day it ends will be a very sad moment in this drummers life. It's nice to know that he has no intentions of stopping what we are doing.

Gracious and humble he always is....now that's a true legend!

🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available!   Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 6:16 pm

Hey kong,

Do you guys do a meet and greet or hang out with the fans before or after the show? I'll be at the September show at Bourbon Street and would flip my gourd if I could meet you guys. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available!   Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jon Oliva's Pain: New Podcast Available!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next