Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another Coffee Thread

Go down 
+14
corplhicks
MetalGuy71
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
mc666
MoonChild
Fat Freddy
Dr8breed74
Joe
The_Jayroh
holydiver97595
chewie
GrandNational
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Another Coffee Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 1:13 pm

I got started drinking coffee my freshman year in college.  My very first semester I had Human Anatomy at 8 am.  After being out drinking until 2 or 3 in the morning I needed something to get me going.  Enter the coffee addiction.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 1:18 pm

mc666 wrote:
I drink anywhere from 15 to 20 cups of Folgers classic roast throughout the day.

Daaaamn. I bow to your caffeinated superiority, sir. Another Coffee Thread - Page 2 25679

I average two or three large "travel mug" size cups in the morning @ work. Usually by the time I'm done with those (around 10:30 or 11 AM) I'm sufficiently awake for the rest of the day.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

Number of posts : 291

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 5:08 pm

I only have two in the morning and one in the afternoon during the week. On days off (weekends usually), I'll pack in double. Today I picked up two jars of Granarom Colombian. It's no the strongest, but holds a good enough kick for a few hours of buzz. I suffer from morning-fog until about 11, so this helps a little. Don't like the sharp awaking.

On a side note, I think I started drinking coffee when I was 10. I have a vague recollection sitting on a wall watching some horses in a field in my parents garden drinking it. I then got seriously into it when I was 14/15 during exam periods on school playing Anthrax, Megadeth and Metallica albums doing revision.
Back to top Go down
https://krullrecords.bigcartel.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 10:16 am

I drink about a cup, maybe 2, per day. Any kind is fine as long as it's hot & black. I don't have preferences really. Except Starbucks. F**k those guys with a Venti-sized knobby dildo.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 10:18 am

I'm on my 2nd large-size cup o' joe for the morning....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 6:12 pm

Oh man, I had three today, one was cold, but I just didn't care. It tasted too good to waste!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 6:43 pm

Man, I cannot stand the taste of coffee. Never could. And my whole family are huge coffee drinkers. Go figure.
Back to top Go down
Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 3:31 pm

My family all used to be big drinks, boozers. Today, none of us are. Just the coffee. Oh, the irony of having a diverse family (well, when it comes to beverages).
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 5:39 pm

Once upon a sweetass time--especially during my stint at Starbucks--I consumed about the same as Monty. Sadly, I developed triggered Afib of the heart (not in the least serious but very very expensive to correct at the ER) and had to cut it down to one cup a day. Sometimes I'll go nuts with decaf but the difference in taste is obvious for me.

I like it black and lacking acidity. No creamer, sugar, nothing. Black bold strong and smokey. Like me pipe. Ahoy.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 6:12 pm

I can't stand coffee and I am not a tea fan either. Both taste like drinking from a dirty ashtray. No thanks. I do think coffee smells great though.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 6:33 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
I can't stand coffee and I am not a tea fan either.  Both taste like drinking from a dirty ashtray.  No thanks.  I do think coffee smells great though.  

My best friend at work says that all the time. "I love the smell of coffee but I can't stand the taste."

Since we all know that the senses of smell and taste are closely related, I find this really interesting.  It must be true because people say it but I can't think of one thing that I like the smell but can't stand the taste.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 6:46 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
I can't stand coffee and I am not a tea fan either.  Both taste like drinking from a dirty ashtray.  No thanks.  I do think coffee smells great though.  

My best friend at work says that all the time. "I love the smell of coffee but I can't stand the taste."

Since we all know that the senses of smell and taste are closely related, I find this really interesting.  It must be true because people say it but I can't think of one thing that I like the smell but can't stand the taste.

It's puzzling.

My wife drinks coffee, but she cannot stand tea. The thought of drinking it makes her feel ill. Her father was the same way. I'm not sure what that's all about, but it sounds genetic.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 6:51 pm

How do people feel about syrups in their coffee? Don't really drink the stuff with milk (I seem to be allergic to a protein in milk), so, sometimes it is nice to add a little syrup flavour. Vanilla or caramel is the perfected weapon of choice, but hazelnut is for that moment when nothing else will do.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 7:03 pm

I've had vanilla or hazelnut or coconut flavoring in my coffee before but most of the times I just drink it straight with a dash of milk.  Never any sugar.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 7:23 pm

If I ask 'Sweetener?' would that be swearing?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 7:29 pm

Yep.  No sweetening agent at all.  Ever.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 7:34 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Until the time I started actually drinking it, this was my experience as well. LOVED the smell of coffee, but wasn't a drinker at all.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 8:02 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
I do think coffee smells great though.  

I'm in the same boat.
Back to top Go down
Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 2:39 am

Drinking a strong cup right now and playing Iron Reagan 'The Tyranny Of Will' before I go to work, brilliant! More of a hardcore band but, have members of Municipal Waste.

I wonder if Iron Maiden will ever do a limited run of coffee - they did beer.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 3:34 am

Dr8breed74 wrote:
Drinking a strong cup right now and playing Iron Reagan 'The Tyranny Of Will' before I go to work, brilliant!  More of a hardcore band but, have members of Municipal Waste.

I wonder if Iron Maiden will ever do a limited run of coffee - they did beer.

Iron Reagan is great--going to see them next year with Napalm and Voivod.

There is a rock or metal artist that released a blend, can't remember who of the top of my head.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 11:36 am

corplhicks wrote:

There is a rock or metal artist that released a blend, can't remember who of the top of my head.

Dave Mustaine and Joey Kramer of Aerosmith have both released coffees at one point. Don't know if either exist anymore though.

EDIT: Joey Kramers Rockin' Roast - http://www.rockinandroastin.com/

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 1:02 pm

That's right. Lol Rockin Roast. That's cute.
Back to top Go down
Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 3:13 pm

I would buy it, but could never drink it before work. I would have a serious issue trying to leave the house! My warm, happy record room at 8:00am would be too much temptation with a cup of rockin'n'a'rost.... to leave. Damn work!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 5:03 am

I listened to a band recently that were described as 'hateful blackened sludge' I thought 'that's exactly how I like my coffee' lol!
Back to top Go down
Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 7:21 am

I have a day off work, I will be indulging in several cups of hateful blackened sludge. Cup #4 is about to make it's appearance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Coffee Thread
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next