Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another Coffee Thread

Go down 
+14
corplhicks
MetalGuy71
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
mc666
MoonChild
Fat Freddy
Dr8breed74
Joe
The_Jayroh
holydiver97595
chewie
GrandNational
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Another Coffee Thread Empty
PostSubject: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 10:36 pm

For all my fellow coffee lovers out there:

Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 11:40 am

Coffee Rules!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 12:14 am

I love coffee!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 1:30 am

damnit, now I want a cup!

The insect with the coffee buzz was my favorite little picture from that first clip.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 2:08 am

holydiver97595 wrote:
I love coffee!

That was cool. This was first metal tune I heard about coffee back in the day:

I really need a cup of coffee
Go get me a cupajoe
Cupajoe
Black and strong
Back to top Go down
The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 5:01 am

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 3:00 pm

GrandNational wrote:
holydiver97595 wrote:
I love coffee!

That was cool. This was first metal tune I heard about coffee back in the day:

I really need a cup of coffee
Go get me a cupajoe
Cupajoe
Black and strong

I love that song. My screen name is partly due to that song. I just decided to go with plain old Joe. haha. Obviously the other part is that it is my name.

The_Jayroh wrote:

This is probably my favorite song by these guys. Mostly because it has to do with coffee. "And screeaaam, for the creeaam!!"

Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 3:21 pm

holydiver97595 wrote:
I love coffee!

The_Jayroh wrote:

Hivemind.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

Number of posts : 291

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 9:50 am

I honestly thought this form was going to be useless to me unless I found a coffee thread, alas, I found one.  I'm now more than happy.  I never use milk, sometimes brown sugar (but not that often).  I get through about 5 cups a day.

On the current coffee routine is (this is all instant):

Nescafe Azera Intense (nearly as good as a filter coffee).
Nescafe Cafe Parisien (usually once every six months).
Fairglobe Bio Hochland-Kaffee (has a interesting taste).
Waitrose Colombian Coffee (excellent value).
Kenco Millicano Intense (see Nescafe Azera Intense).
Kenco Pure Colombian (has a slight fruity taste).
Back to top Go down
https://krullrecords.bigcartel.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 10:15 am

My wife and I are both raging coffee addicts.

We don't have any brand preference when it comes to coffee - whatever's on sale, we buy.

Oddly, I didn't develop a taste for coffee till I was in my early 20s. Up till then I was mainly a tea drinker. In college, my friends would all grab a cup of coffee at the caf in the morning and I'd always be making a cup of tea. They'd go "Since when are you British?" Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 11:11 am

One cup, or two, please?
Back to top Go down
Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 11:28 am

The British tea drinking ethic is fairly easy to explain. It's the cheep drink of choice. Yeah, we have the old-guard that drink the stuff because it's British (surprising amount of young people have this attitude), but it's more to do with cost and convenience.

My list above is the stuff that's on offer quite often. I've not moved onto filter coffee, that's a whole different ball game.

On a side note. For some reason, Starbucks regular filter gives me gut rot while Costa is too smooth. The independent stores are usually where it's at for the good stuff.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 12:44 pm

I drink anywhere from 15 to 20 cups of Folgers classic roast throughout the day.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 1:01 pm

I front-load my day with 6-8 cups of coffee in the first hour and a half or so after I get out of bed. But that's it for the day.

And I am definitely an addict. I have to get out of bed on weekends earlier than I want to because my head starts pounding if I don't get my caffeine fix. So I generally only sleep about an hour longer than I do during the week.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 4:18 pm

Wow, I never thought about that. I spent 10 years not drinking coffee and about a 8 months ago, I started again. Yep, I absolutely get the urge for a cup first thing in the morning - 20 cups a day mc666, that's some crazy in take!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 5:45 pm

I first figured it out when I was visiting my parents one time and my mom told me the coffee was waiting. As usual, I'd woken up with a dull headache. After 4 cups of coffee I still had a headache so I asked my Mom if she'd brewed decaf. She just stared at me, "How did you know?". I said my head is still killing me.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 5:57 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I first figured it out when I was visiting my parents one time and my mom told me the coffee was waiting.  As usual, I'd woken up with a dull headache.  After 4 cups of coffee I still had a headache so I asked my Mom if she'd brewed decaf.  She just stared at me, "How did you know?".  I said my head is still killing me.

Toho, once I had a bad headache. I swear after just one gulp of strong coffee, it went away. I would never get near a decaf, yuk.

Gotta say Don Fransisco is my current favorite brand. I love everything they put out. This past week our office switched from Coffee Bean to Starbucks, and even though I'm not a fan of either, SB is so much better. CB is just about one of the worst coffee out there.
Back to top Go down
Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 6:03 pm

Decaf has a time and place - never and in the bin!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 6:14 pm

Well both my parents have high blood pressure and their doctor advised them to only drink decaf. But now they keep some real coffee on hand for when I visit. I have slightly elevated blood pressure too but if my doctor ever advised me to drink decaf I'd tell him to get stuffed.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 6:17 pm

GrandNational wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
I first figured it out when I was visiting my parents one time and my mom told me the coffee was waiting.  As usual, I'd woken up with a dull headache.  After 4 cups of coffee I still had a headache so I asked my Mom if she'd brewed decaf.  She just stared at me, "How did you know?".  I said my head is still killing me.

Toho, once I had a bad headache. I swear after just one gulp of strong coffee, it went away. I would never get near a decaf, yuk.

Gotta say Don Fransisco is my current favorite brand. I love everything they put out. This past week our office switched from Coffee Bean to Starbucks, and even though I'm not a fan of either, SB is so much better. CB is just about one of the worst coffee out there.

No, there's a worse one. It's called Ronnoco here in STL. That's what our office gets and it's just awful. That's how I developed the habit of guzzling all my coffee for the day while I'm at home. Of course now that I work from home full time, I could nurse coffee all day but old habits die hard. Wink

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 6:22 pm

I dream of the day I can work full time from home and have the filter machine on next to me. I work in a government building, it's got good coffee in the shop, but, it's like a 10 minuet wait to get it. My break only lasts for 15 minuets.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 6:35 pm

Yeah, working from home is great. I get to sleep later because I don't need to do the "SSS" routine in the morning (Sh*T, Shave and Shower). I can do any of the esses whenever I feel like it and yet I still start at 6:30am just like when I had to go to the office. Plus it makes scheduling home repairs so much easier. Like right now I've got a leaky toilet so tomorrow I'm going to call a plumber and I don't care what "window" they give me because I'll be here regardless.

It does take some discipline though. If I had a spouse or kids at home I don't know if it would work but since it's just me and two cats, I'm fine.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 2:40 am

Man, this could work for me for sure. I have very good discipline and I work v.hard in work, so why not work hard for myself (I'm working on setting up a on line music store). All I can see is a plus side to everything I do + that filter pot next to my desk is so calling me.

I'm happy to think that getting my own coffee machine next to me is the way I can make my own business work haha. I'm also looking forward to trying a cup of Don Fransisco, wife is on the hunt for some for me.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 11:36 am

GrandNational wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

DF indeed has some good Colombian coffee. I just don't like SB's regular coffee, it always tastes like they burnt the beans.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 11:49 am

mc666 wrote:
I drink anywhere from 15 to 20 cups of Folgers classic roast throughout the day.

Shocked affraid Wow! I'd be suicidal, homicidal and/or the most productive person on Earth if I drank that much!

Toho wrote:
d I am definitely an addict. I have to get out of bed on weekends earlier than I want to because my head starts pounding if I don't get my caffeine fix. So I generally only sleep about an hour longer than I do during the week.

That's how I am. I get sick to my stomach as well. So, I can't be away from coffee for more than 12-15 hours.

Fatfreddy wrote:
Oddly, I didn't develop a taste for coffee till I was in my early 20s. Up till then I was mainly a tea drinker.

That's my story. I started at age 32 as a way to lose weight. I just drank it as something to put in my mouth between meals, and fell in love with it. I LOVE coffee.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Coffee Thread   Another Coffee Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Coffee Thread
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next