Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Injuries, accidents and other painful stories

Go down 
+9
SpectreFate
Fat Freddy
Schbopo
Leatherface
exact33
bassman
tohostudios
Mglaffas81
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

Injuries, accidents and other painful stories Empty
PostSubject: Injuries, accidents and other painful stories   Injuries, accidents and other painful stories Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 6:08 pm

So, the other day I had the guys over for some beer - it was turning out to be one fine night, where lots of wine was also consumed - by the end of the night, when they had left, I was cleaning up the room - While I was vacuuming the floor, I stepped on a bag of broken glass that was left there from earlier on that night, when one of my mates had dropped his glass on the floor - it pierced through the side of my foot, leaving a nasty flesh wound. It bled like CRAZY, and I was literally standing in a pool of blood - well, I got lotsa' toiletpaper taped around my foot, dried up the blood, and went to bed. Next morning there were large blood stains in my bed, so I thought "Maybe I oughta' get that fixed.."

It's fine now, no stitches were applied, as a lot of the wound was under my foot (couldn't have been stitched anyway, as the wound was over 6 hours old), so I just got it cleaned, and had some special band-aid put on. Hurts quite a lot to walk, though - but it'll probably leave an awesome scar (you know they look badass!)

So, any of you guys have stories of accidents and injuries you'd like to share? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Injuries, accidents and other painful stories   Injuries, accidents and other painful stories Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 6:17 pm

I got a million of 'em.

Until I had surgery on my elbow due to never taking time off from the gym, every stitch I'd ever had in my life was in my head.

I fell into the corner of an end table when I was 3 and needed stitches above my eyebrow.

When I was about 8, my best friend wanted to demonstrate his golf swing for me and when he started his backswing, I wasn't standing far enough away and took a golf club to the side of my head. That was about 20 stitches.

When I was 13, I was at the community pool and, trying to make a big splash, I jumped into the pool but leaned back to far and cracked the back of my skull on the concrete side of the pool. I have no idea how many stitches that was because some were internal and dissolved while others were external and had to be removed. The doctor told my parents that the cut was clear down to my skull.

And that doesn't even include the head injuries I received that didn't require medical attention.

So maybe all that head trauma explains a few things about me?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Injuries, accidents and other painful stories   Injuries, accidents and other painful stories Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 6:53 pm

I, too, have many stories of how i've injured myself.

One time I managed to nearly split my hand in two. I was cutting some weeds and stirred up a couple of bumblebees, while swatting at the bees the blade of my cutting tool got in between my pinky finger and my ring finger so I ended up with about a 1 1/2 inch deep cut between my fingers.

I have also fallen off a two-story rooftop into a rose bush during a construction project.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Injuries, accidents and other painful stories   Injuries, accidents and other painful stories Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 7:07 pm

I get hurt all the time playing sports - softball, hockey, basketball.

I was playing basketball and went for a rebound and my pinky finger ended up being sideways midway up the finger. I popped it back into place and kept on playing.

Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18963

PostSubject: Re: Injuries, accidents and other painful stories   Injuries, accidents and other painful stories Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 3:15 am

I've been ruptured TWICE. Had to go under the knife both times. Ah, good memories.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Injuries, accidents and other painful stories   Injuries, accidents and other painful stories Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 4:09 am

The very first time I tried to ride a bike I fell off of a 10 foot cliff and into a rose bush.

Suffice to say, I never learned how to ride a bike.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39655

PostSubject: Re: Injuries, accidents and other painful stories   Injuries, accidents and other painful stories Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 7:15 am

Years ago I worked for an asbestos removal company in an old steel mill that was being renovated into what is now a huge shopping complex. We were responsible for removing any asbestos in the buildings before they were demolished.

We were on one building removing 4x8 roofing panels which would then be loaded onto a platform and taken to the ground by crane. There was a load being taken down off the building and was comin directly over my head. I was at the end of my safety line so I unhooked it and took 2 steps back.

Now I knew there was a hole in the roof but thought it was back further. Unfortunately I backed right into it. I twisted my body to try a grab ahold of the edge but missed. My momemtum caused my body to twist so I landed 30 feet below head first on a stack of pallets. I broke my wrist,messed up quite a few teeth and really screwed up my jaw.At first I thought it was broken but turned out I just bruised it (I guess). I couldn't chew for over a week. I also had a huge bruise from my hip to my knee.

That was my first and hopefully only ride in an ambulance.Sadly,I was weaaring a cool Iron Maiden tie dye t-shirt with Eddie from Somewhere In Time on it and the paramedics cut it off me.I've neer seen a shirt like that again.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Injuries, accidents and other painful stories   Injuries, accidents and other painful stories Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 8:28 am

Like most kids, I had my share of bicycle related injuries.

When I was about 8 or 9 I was riding my bike around the back of the local shopping center and noticed a little dirt trail that I thought led off into the woods, so I started down it. Imagine my surprise when the "trail" ended at the top of a wall behind a couple of dumpsters. I had no time to stop so I went flying off the wall, miraculously missing the dumpsters, but landing on the side of my face & head on the asphalt. OUUUUCH!!! Bleeding profusely, I got back on the bike and rode home, fortunately my Dad was in the front yard doing gardening as I came screaming up the street. He told me later I practically gave him a heart attack because I looked like an extra from a zombie movie, one whole side of my face and my shirt & pants were covered in blood. Spent a few hours in the emergency room getting gravel & other bits and pieces picked out of my face and ended up with a minor concussion and six stitches under my chin.

Then when I was about 15 my brother and I were on our way to the store to play video games, we had to bike down a steep hill to get there. When I got to the bottom of the hill, my ten-speed's brakes failed. I look up - telephone pole. BLAMMO! My brother was in front of me so he had no idea that I'd wrecked till he turned around to say something to me and I'd seemingly disappeared. He turned back to find me writhing on the sidewalk bleeding profusely from one of my knees. I happened to be in front of a small florist's shop, the old ladies who ran the store saw me hit so they immediately called an ambulance. Next thing I know, I'm being loaded up and taken to the hospital. My brother, meanwhile, had to bike back home and tell my Mom what had happened. Of course, in his panic, all he could say was "Keith-crashed-his-bike-come-on-they're-putting-him-in-an-ambulance-right-now-come-on-we-gotta-GO!" My Mom thought I'd been hit by a car or something. Grand total that time: eight stitches in my knee, which at least got me out of taking gym class for the remainder of the school year. Very Happy

Is it any wonder I haven't been on a bike in nearly 20 years? Those things'll kill you!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Injuries, accidents and other painful stories   Injuries, accidents and other painful stories Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 8:31 am

Luckily, I've never had any crippling physical injuries in my life. All of my boo-boos have been social. Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Injuries, accidents and other painful stories   Injuries, accidents and other painful stories Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 9:40 am

I got bit in the sack by a dog a few years ago. Nicked it, thankfully no punctures. Bleed like a mother though. I was also bitten on the finger by a small monkey when I was a kid.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Injuries, accidents and other painful stories   Injuries, accidents and other painful stories Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 9:48 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I was also bitten on the finger by a small monkey when I was a kid.

Now we know where your monkey obsession got its start.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Injuries, accidents and other painful stories   Injuries, accidents and other painful stories Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 9:55 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I was also bitten on the finger by a small monkey when I was a kid.

Now we know where your monkey obsession got its start.

In order to conquer my fears, I was forced to confront them and make them do my bidding. It's working out pretty well so far, methinks.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Injuries, accidents and other painful stories   Injuries, accidents and other painful stories Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 3:36 pm

As a 6 year old I was swinging from a tree and fell. Needless to say, I broke my right hand in 3 places. My really smart grandma decided to put some stupid homemade cast and wouldn't allow my mom to take me to the hospital (old-world mentality, don't ask). Needless to say, after a week of pain and my arm not healing, I finally ended up at the hospital. The doctors had to re-break my arm to put it in a right cast (my dad fainted from my scream, no kidding). It took 3 months to heal.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Injuries, accidents and other painful stories   Injuries, accidents and other painful stories Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 3:41 pm

A few friends and I in middle school were trailblazing thru the woods with machetes right around the time star wars episode 2 came out and I was trying to do some jedi sh!t with a machete twirling it but had it come back and slice the back of my head..ahaha.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Injuries, accidents and other painful stories   Injuries, accidents and other painful stories Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 5:08 pm

Chris, now we know why the side of your head is shaved in your avatar
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: Injuries, accidents and other painful stories   Injuries, accidents and other painful stories Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 5:28 pm

In 3rd grade or right before starting 3rd grade, I fell in the shower and had to get stitches in the back of my head.

In 6th grade, we were playing tackle tag during recess and some kid grabbed me and tackled me and fell and fractured my wrist. He didn't mean to hurt me or anything, but I couldn't play on the basketball team for the next few weeks. After recess, I went and took a history test (or social studies, as they called it back then Razz), and my teacher noticed something was wrong with me and insisted that I go get help. I finished the test though and got a 90 on it. I have a high tolerance for pain. Smile

Right before going into 9th grade, my mom made me go to this stupid math review thing for two weeks during the summer. There was this one kid there who was putting me down really severely and just about everyone else followed his lead. I spat on him at one point and the teacher had us talk and after the talk he said that everything was cool. However, when it was over as I was walking down the stairs he punched me and I was actually unconscious for about a minute. I think I actually hit my face on the door, I woke up on the floor bleeding. No So I had to get stitches, and the kid pretty much got away with all of it. We seemed to make peace and the next week everything was fine but I later found out he was still talking smack about me behind my back. Injuries, accidents and other painful stories 811939 I learned from that not to resort to violence or spitting as a means of retaliation. I later learned the hard way that any form of retaliation or bridge-burning has painful consequences, but that's another story (a few stories actually). I can honestly say from my own experience that it hurts more to tell somebody, "I never want to speak to you again as long as I live" than it does to actually speak to that person again, it causes them to be on your mind more.

I was also in the hospital about two years ago because of an allergic reaction. I had this crazy freakin' rash all over my body and I barfed a couple of times the day I first went there. I'm pretty sure I stayed there for three or four days.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Injuries, accidents and other painful stories   Injuries, accidents and other painful stories Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 7:09 pm

GrandNational wrote:

ahahahahhaahahaha. It was a close shave it was..ha. Smile

I shaved my whole head the other night and donated 10 inches to locks of love actually, I should take pics sometime.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Injuries, accidents and other painful stories   Injuries, accidents and other painful stories Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 7:27 pm

Stender wrote:
GrandNational wrote:

ahahahahhaahahaha. It was a close shave it was..ha. Smile

I shaved my whole head the other night and donated 10 inches to locks of love actually, I should take pics sometime.

That's cool, what a guy.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Injuries, accidents and other painful stories   Injuries, accidents and other painful stories Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 9:06 pm

no wonder this board is so messed up...

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Injuries, accidents and other painful stories   Injuries, accidents and other painful stories Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Injuries, accidents and other painful stories
Page 1 of 1