Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Adrenaline Mob

Go down 
+28
James B.
corplhicks
Orion Crystal Ice
Zdan
metalhead777
Dark Horseman
7thSaviour
jettafiend
ShadowAngel
nevermore
MetalRob331
Andy
Metal Misfit
Shawn Of Fire
A Handful of Wayne
chewie
DallasBlack
The_Jayroh
SpectreFate
Troublezone
GrandNational
Temple of Blood
ZetaReticuli
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
martinsane
exact33
Eyesore
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Adrenaline Mob - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 10:11 pm

This makes me think about the first DT album and how you could really tell how hard they were all working on that music. This song couldn't have taken 2 hours to write. They should be releasing a 10 CD box set already with this kind of material.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 10:42 pm

Oh man thats aweful. Sounds like Disturbed or something. To think I ended up ordering that EP they put out just for the hell of it. .....ugh....

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 2:02 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Oh man thats aweful. Sounds like Disturbed or something. To think I ended up ordering that EP they put out just for the hell of it. .....ugh....
I just got the EP last week or so, after they said it was going out of print. It's not bad for what it is, you know. But yeah, it's just simple nu-metallish stuff with some slight metal influence.

The guitarist is annoying, and it's really lame seeing Russell act all macho. Haha.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 9:48 am

It reminds me of the wave of Pantera-wannabees in the 90's with all that phony-balony, tough-guy posturing. Are they trying to give Fiver Finger Death Punch a run for their money? They seem somewhat popular these days Razz As for me, no thanks.

Has there been any updates on Portnoy's other project with John Sykes?

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 9:57 am

It's like people don't see the difference between the "tough guy" Pantera schtick and real Metal aggression...I see it as 2 different things.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 10:13 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
It's like people don't see the difference between the "tough guy" Pantera schtick and real Metal aggression...I see it as 2 different things.

If you have to tell someone how badass you are, you're not a badass.Adrenaline Mob - Page 3 505193

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 10:14 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

If you have to tell someone how badass you are, you're not a badass.Adrenaline Mob - Page 3 505193

Yeah, I mean Phil I could tolerate...it's all the Phil wannabe's that are lame.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 10:42 am

I like "Undaunted" but I'm more interested in what Portnoy is going to be doing with Sykes.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 11:01 am

Talented musicians, awful band.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 12:11 pm

Andy wrote:
Talented musicians, awful band.

Agreed. Cool album cover though...Cool

Adrenaline Mob - Page 3 Amobalbum

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 12:03 pm

Quote :
Has there been any updates on Portnoy's other project with John Sykes?

Quote :
Although Portnoy and Sykes demoed a dozen or so songs at a Los Angeles studio last year, their vastly different work ethics and conflicting schedules were solely to blame for the dissolution of their collaboration. Portnoy explained on Twitter, "Sad but true... I tried my best to make it work... Me and [Billy Sheehan] couldn't wait around any longer... [Billy] and I are moving on and have already begun work with another guitarist/vocalist, keeping the original 'power trio' concept."

Apparently the rumor was Ritchie Kotzen stepping in, but he's shot that down. Sorta...

Quote :
Said Kotzen in a post on his Facebook page: "I wanted to address the recent rumor about the project with Billy, Mike, and I... Although we did throw some ideas around, neither of us decided to make any public announcements, so today's Internet buzz was a surprise. I will say I am a fan of both Mike and Billy. I'm sure a collaboration would produce some interesting results."

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 12:17 pm

Does anyone really want to hear Kotzen? I don't think so.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 2:43 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

Meh, I'm sure he has his fans. A buddy of mine is way into him and gave me some cdr's of his solo work years ago. He's quite talented, but not my cuppa tea. In the realm of shredder/singers, I prefer Paul Gilbert.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 4:16 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

I agree. Unless they get someone really amazing to replace Sykes, I'm not into it...
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 2:51 am

Love this band... Russell sounds amazing here...
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 6:32 pm

I heard one track recently. Thought it had a Disturbed feel to it. Nothing to get excited about at all.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 8:06 pm

It's decent, but yeah, not amazing.
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 10:44 am

The godfather font for the band name, "Omerta" as the album title...i fully expected a song about Scarface on there. Way too cheesy.
They are at the Sweden Rock Festival, if no better band clashes with them i guess i will see them. There are a lot of bands that sound like crap on CD but really good on the stage.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 7:24 pm

So I got Omerta today. As mentioned before, I wasn't too impressed with the EP, and I can't really say I'm impressed with Omerta, you know. It's kind of a mix of Black Label Society and modern rock/nu-metal. Nothing new, basically.

But I brought the CD with while I went out and ran some errands, and I gotta admit, I enjoyed it quite a bit. For what it is, it came off really really good. Maybe it's a great driving album, I don't know. I was surprised at how much I dug it, though, considering how indifferent I was toward the EP. And four of those five EP tracks are on this one.

They do a kick-ass cover of Duran Duran's "Come Undone."
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 4:19 pm

I got the ep off of iTunes a while back and it's ok. I am not really a fan Russ' singing style or his voice, but it flows. The cover of Mob Rules is pretty good. I primarily bought it because it features MP.

Didn't Dean DeLeo play in STP or am I misremembering here?
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 6:59 pm

Eyesore wrote:
So I got Omerta today. As mentioned before, I wasn't too impressed with the EP, and I can't really say I'm impressed with Omerta, you know. It's kind of a mix of Black Label Society and modern rock/nu-metal. Nothing new, basically.

But I brought the CD with while I went out and ran some errands, and I gotta admit, I enjoyed it quite a bit. For what it is, it came off really really good. Maybe it's a great driving album, I don't know. I was surprised at how much I dug it, though, considering how indifferent I was toward the EP. And four of those five EP tracks are on this one.

They do a kick-ass cover of Duran Duran's "Come Undone."

I've had a couple of those albums. They sound ok at home, but when your driving from point A to B they sound great!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 2:14 pm

I listened to it on AOL when they were streaming the CD...as much as I love Russell Allen, the only song I could stomach was the Duran Duran cover w/ Lizzy Hale...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 3:59 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I listened to it on AOL when they were streaming the CD...as much as I love Russell Allen, the only song I could stomach was the Duran Duran cover w/ Lizzy Hale...
This is my favorite on the album:

Great tune!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 5:02 pm

Yeah, that one's not bad either...

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 6:19 pm

Great singer <> Great album

Otherwise, Steelheart would be the best band of all-time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adrenaline Mob
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: