Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Adrenaline Mob

Go down 
+28
James B.
corplhicks
Orion Crystal Ice
Zdan
metalhead777
Dark Horseman
7thSaviour
jettafiend
ShadowAngel
nevermore
MetalRob331
Andy
Metal Misfit
Shawn Of Fire
A Handful of Wayne
chewie
DallasBlack
The_Jayroh
SpectreFate
Troublezone
GrandNational
Temple of Blood
ZetaReticuli
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
martinsane
exact33
Eyesore
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Adrenaline Mob - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 11:38 pm

Or maybe he was actually telling the truth.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 7:40 am

Eyesore wrote:

I'm sure he's telling the truth...he talks about everything. I'm just saying that while "schedule conflicts" are real (Winery Dogs album and tour, Flying Colors album, Transatlantic album and tour), I bet it also has to do with the fact that AMob pushed HARD to get into the mainstream with that style, the shows they played, working w/ Lizzy from Halestorm (one of the biggest bands going right now) and spent 2 years trying to get it to pay off...it did not. MP, by his nature, always has other stuff to do so couple that with the fact that AMob did not catch fire, he had to move on. I would bet money that, had AMob caught on like, say, Volbeat has, the scheduling conflicts would take him out anything BUT AMob.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 11:34 am

He'll probably do better with The Winery Dogs. With 2 ex-members of Mr. Big, they're guaranteed to go quadruple-platinum in Japan. Wink

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 11:46 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
He'll probably do better with The Winery Dogs. With 2 ex-members of Mr. Big, they're guaranteed to go quadruple-platinum in Japan. Wink

And the rest of Asia probably...plus Eddie Trunk will promote the hell out of it since he's a Kotzen fanboy...

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 10:55 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I'm sure he's telling the truth...he talks about everything. I'm just saying that while "schedule conflicts" are real (Winery Dogs album and tour, Flying Colors album, Transatlantic album and tour), I bet it also has to do with the fact that AMob pushed HARD to get into the mainstream with that style, the shows they played, working w/ Lizzy from Halestorm (one of the biggest bands going right now) and spent 2 years trying to get it to pay off...it did not. MP, by his nature, always has other stuff to do so couple that with the fact that AMob did not catch fire, he had to move on. I would bet money that, had AMob caught on like, say, Volbeat has, the scheduling conflicts would take him out anything BUT AMob.

Exactly!

Just like all of us, he schedules more time for things that are more lucrative and less time for things that are less. Thus no money becomes a scheduling problem. He's trying to be diplomatic and polite to the people who tried to make it work, but it's really a half-truth. Not that the fans are really entitled to the whole truth anyway ...

On a side note, I also don't see "The Winery Dogs" as being a very marketable name or having a popular style. I see them as having less commercial potential than AMob.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 11:09 pm

I'm cool with Portnoy pursuing less commercial affairs, or stints I suppose you could call them. I wasn't fond of Amob, but this Winery Dogs bit is pretty solid even if for just one album. The sound is great, even if it's not groundbreaking. I like seeing him branch out and work with other artists like this. Dream Theater really lost steam after Octavarium, becoming self-cannibalistic and repetitive, and I do think he was a major part of that pattern.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 11:18 pm

Portnoy's real problem is he thinks his nama is more marketable than it actually is. IMHDO

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 8:05 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

On a side note, I also don't see "The Winery Dogs" as being a very marketable name or having a popular style. I see them as having less commercial potential than AMob.

Oh, The Winery Dogs will never catch on in America. But Japan/Asia they'll do decently.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 10:27 pm

I must be one of the only people who really enjoyed Adrenaline Mob. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 10:01 am

No new drummer yet, but the band vows to continue on without Portnoy...

Quote :
Adrenaline Mob don’t have a replacement lined up for drummer Mike Portnoy, who last week said he was leaving due to pressures of time. But frontman Russell Allen says they’re writing new material and will keep moving forward, adding: “He’s been real busy with the Winery Dogs. We want to keep doing Adrenaline Mob and we don’t want to wait around for Mike to have the time. It’s a bummer, but he’s got his sights on other things, so we wish him the best.”

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 7:25 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I thought the album was killer.. I dont see why people compare them to Disturbed at all?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 8:47 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

I thought the album was killer.. I dont see why people compare them to Disturbed at all?

I can somewhat see. There is a bit of a Disturbed vibe to them. However, I have no problem with Disturbed so that's not a bad thing IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 8:45 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

I can somewhat see. There is a bit of a Disturbed vibe to them. However, I have no problem with Disturbed so that's not a bad thing IMO.

Me neither.. The whole comparison thing makes me shake my head.. 
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 5:29 am

Meet the new Avenged Sevenfold!  Laughing 

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 11:24 am

Hmmmm, pass.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 12:08 pm

Eyesore wrote:

I'm sure if a "metal" band was gonna try and rip someone off, they wouldn't choose Nickelback  Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 12:25 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Wow, the similarities are incredible. I can see being influenced, but that's a downright rip off right there.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 1:32 pm

007 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Wow, the similarities are incredible. I can see being influenced, but that's a downright rip off right there.

Nowadays I find a 10 second rip off in just about every song I listen to. This one's no different.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 2:16 pm

It sounds like the same exact song but with different lyrics,to me
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 2:23 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
007 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Nowadays I find a 10 second rip off in just about every song I listen to. This one's no different.  

Much of this song kind of goes beyond similar, though. Not saying they actually ripped off Nickelback, but still...it's real close.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 2:25 pm

And the Nickelback song is way better.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 6:12 pm

Eyesore wrote:
And the Nickelback song is way better.

I agree with that... I actually like the riffing during the verses. The melody is more similar than the actual playing itself IMO!!!
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 11:24 am

I enjoy this style from time to time, and think Men of Honor is a decent album from what they were trying to do. I wish there was a little more variation in some of the songwriting; it gets rather boring if you try to listen to the album straight through.

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 2:26 pm

I finally got around to checking these guys out and...MEH, it sounds like Disturbed/Nickleback. It's ok I guess.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 7:21 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I finally got around to checking these guys out and...MEH, it sounds like Disturbed/Nickleback. It's ok I guess.

Bad song to judge by. This one is terrible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Adrenaline Mob - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adrenaline Mob
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: