Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ace Frehley's biography "No Regrets" out in November

Go down 
+12
Sutekh
nevermore
Addy
arttieTHE1manparty
JBall_Z
MetalGuy71
DeathCult
QuothTheRaven
exact33
ultmetal
kmorg
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Ace Frehley's biography "No Regrets" out in November - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley's biography "No Regrets" out in November   Ace Frehley's biography "No Regrets" out in November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 8:15 am

want to start a pool when the first lawsuit is filed??

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley's biography "No Regrets" out in November   Ace Frehley's biography "No Regrets" out in November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 12:10 pm

exact33 wrote:

My guess is none. The lawyers are already going through it to make sure nothing too inflamitory or libelous gets out.

I heard/read in 2 different interviews that both Slash and Dave Mustaine had to have lawyers proof-read both of their books before publication. I think it's just part of the publishing process anymore. Noone want to get sued. So names get changed and good stories get either dumped altogether or altered or toned down just enough to past muster.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley's biography "No Regrets" out in November   Ace Frehley's biography "No Regrets" out in November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 1:14 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
exact33 wrote:

My guess is none. The lawyers are already going through it to make sure nothing too inflamitory or libelous gets out.

I heard/read in 2 different interviews that both Slash and Dave Mustaine had to have lawyers proof-read both of their books before publication. I think it's just part of the publishing process anymore. Noone want to get sued. So names get changed and good stories get either dumped altogether or altered or toned down just enough to past muster.

Ace Frehley's biography "No Regrets" out in November - Page 2 19976

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley's biography "No Regrets" out in November   Ace Frehley's biography "No Regrets" out in November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 2:51 pm

Sorry, didn't mean to poop in your bag of sunshine, but I'm currently reading Steven Tyler's book and aside from the tried-it-once ghey thing (which was a kinda throw-away 2 sentance mention anyway, no names or details mentioned), it's pretty much rehashing everything I already knew about the guy and kinda boring.

Wow, he once scored coke with John Belushi!! Who didn't in 1980 New York City? He gets mad at Joe for playing too loud. Riviting. He's fathered kids out of wedlock with models!! Shocking!!

Point is, after Motley had success with 'The Dirt', every rock star and their brother thought they had a story to tell, and even if they do, it's gets watered down by publishers that don't want to get sued. I can't see Ace's (on any other's) story being much different. They still might be an entertaing read, but don't expect any big revelations.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley's biography "No Regrets" out in November   Ace Frehley's biography "No Regrets" out in November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 2:52 pm

I just finished Tyler's book last night (which reminds me, it's due back @ the library tomorrow) and I agree with MG. There really wasn't anything revealed in it that I didn't know already. Bits of it were entertaining but for the most part it was a pretty long slog. It would probably have been more amusing/interesting as an audiobook (especially if it were read by Tyler himself).

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley's biography "No Regrets" out in November   Ace Frehley's biography "No Regrets" out in November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 3:02 pm

I guess if you're a casual fan or not a fan at all, these biographies can be entertaining, but for guys like us that are pretty knowledgable (aka obsessed) about our favorite rock stars, it's nothing we don't already know for the most part.

Some middle-America mother of 5, American Idol fan who finds "that Steven so charming and witty" might poop in her housecoat over his revelations, but we're not surprised.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley's biography "No Regrets" out in November   Ace Frehley's biography "No Regrets" out in November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 10:30 am

Nearly finished reading this book. Found it very enjoyable. He contradicts some of the information given in Gene Simmons autobiography, but I sort of knew it would. Much like Steve Tyler's autobiography, Ace spends a lot of time talking about his addictions and the various troubles he had because of them.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley's biography "No Regrets" out in November   Ace Frehley's biography "No Regrets" out in November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 10:39 am

I need to get this at some point.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley's biography "No Regrets" out in November   Ace Frehley's biography "No Regrets" out in November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 10:41 am

My brother sez that our Mom was asking him for Christmas gift recommendations for me the other day and he told her to get me Ace's book. Cool.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley's biography "No Regrets" out in November   Ace Frehley's biography "No Regrets" out in November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 10:52 am

Here's an interview with Ace, you know, about the book, you know.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1266946846001/

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley's biography "No Regrets" out in November   Ace Frehley's biography "No Regrets" out in November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 10:55 am

kmorg wrote:

Yeah, you know!

ACE RULES!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley's biography "No Regrets" out in November   Ace Frehley's biography "No Regrets" out in November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 11:03 am

ultmetal wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Yeah, you know!

ACE RULES!

Ack!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley's biography "No Regrets" out in November   Ace Frehley's biography "No Regrets" out in November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 11:36 am

ultmetal wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Yeah, you know!

ACE RULES!

he does!!! headbanger

Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley's biography "No Regrets" out in November   Ace Frehley's biography "No Regrets" out in November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 6:13 pm

kmorg wrote:
I need to get this at some point.

So do I

but sooner than later
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Psychotron
Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley's biography "No Regrets" out in November   Ace Frehley's biography "No Regrets" out in November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 2:49 pm

I don't have the Ace book yet, but I did see the Spaceman last Tuesday in concert and he was incredible. He played some songs KISS fans don't hear much of either like "Hard Times," "Flaming Youth," "Strange Ways," and "She." He did good host of solo songs also like "Rock Soldiers" and "What's on Your Mind?"

It was also amusing when he made a couple jokes about Paul and Gene.
Back to top Go down
http://nicksmetal.blogspot.com
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley's biography "No Regrets" out in November   Ace Frehley's biography "No Regrets" out in November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 9:07 pm

Just started reading this.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley's biography "No Regrets" out in November   Ace Frehley's biography "No Regrets" out in November - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 9:52 pm

ultmetal wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Yeah, you know!

ACE RULES!

ACE DOES RULE!!!

Ult hearing you liked the book makes me want it more. Its near the top of my list of rock bios, with Duff's right along side it
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley's biography "No Regrets" out in November   Ace Frehley's biography "No Regrets" out in November - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ace Frehley's biography "No Regrets" out in November
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2