Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?

Go down 
+20
DeathCult
jstate
MetalH
chewie
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
Ben Grimm
Fat Freddy
SpectreFate
Gilbert
tohostudios
Schbopo
exact33
manny
James B.
A Handful of Wayne
ultmetal
stepcousin
Wurthless
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?  Empty
PostSubject: Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?    Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?  Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 8:40 pm

I just really started listening to BOC, thanks to Ult's gigantic collection of cd's and my endless boredom. Before today all I really knew was Burnin' for You, Godzilla, and Don't Fear the Reaper; but they have a lot more that I have found that I quite like.
grim reaper
^Don't Fear Him
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?    Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?  Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 8:47 pm

never heard of 'em. Arent they one of those cults from southern California? Are they a band? Didn't they invent the cowbell?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?    Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?  Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 9:09 pm

Love BOC!

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?    Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?  Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 9:57 pm

BOC is awesome Agents Of Fortune, Spectres, Mirrors, Fire Of Unknown Origin, Revolution By Night, Club Ninja, and Heaven Forbid are all awesome albums. I own everything but I'm more familiar with some over others. Some of the ones I listed people will argue with them being any good but I think they are. haha

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?    Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?  Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 10:03 pm

I kinda/sorta dig "Soft White Underbelly" a lil better than B.O.C surprised

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?    Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?  Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 10:31 pm

Blue Oyster Cult are simply incredible
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23270

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?    Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?  Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 10:32 pm

never heard them...

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?    Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?  Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 10:41 pm

Check out these songs

Harvest Moon
In Thee
Nosferatu
Dancin' In The Ruins
Astronomy
Joan Crawford
Take Me Away

Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?    Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?  Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 11:14 pm

I actually did listen to Astronomy and Nosferatu, both killer songs. I'll have to look up those other tracks though!
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?    Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?  Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 11:20 pm

One of the greatest bands EVER. If you like their hits you should check out some of their back catalog. Everything from 1972-1983 is pure gold
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?    Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?  Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 5:55 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
BOC is awesome Agents Of Fortune, Spectres, Mirrors, Fire Of Unknown Origin, Revolution By Night, Club Ninja, and Heaven Forbid are all awesome albums. I own everything but I'm more familiar with some over others. Some of the ones I listed people will argue with them being any good but I think they are. haha

Swap out Club Ninja and replace it with Imaginos and this would have been almost exactly what I would have posted.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?    Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?  Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 6:02 am

I own a best of i haven't heard in a few years.

Maybe i should re-check the band.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40551

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?    Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?  Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 7:58 am

Absolutely love them. Great songs peppered throughout their career.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23270

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?    Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?  Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 8:15 am

Gilbert wrote:
I own a best of i haven't heard in a few years.

Maybe i should re-check the band.

I have Dont Fear the Reaper best of from them.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?    Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?  Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 8:38 am

tohostudios wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

Swap out Club Ninja and replace it with Imaginos and this would have been almost exactly what I would have posted.

I agree I think Club Ninja outside a few songs (like two) is a terrible album IMO.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?    Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?  Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 8:41 am

Workshop Of The Telescopes is essential, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37868

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?    Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?  Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 8:46 am

Casual B.O.C. fan here. They're one of those bands I've been meaning to investigate further for a long time now but have just never had time/$$ to dig into their catalog. At the moment I only have the FIRE OF UNKNOWN ORIGIN album and a cheapie "Best-Of" compilation from them, but I like'em both just fine, for whatever that's worth.

The main riff in "Godzilla" has got to be one of the most bad-ass ever written. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?    Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?  Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 9:05 am

I am anybody
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?    Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?  Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 9:41 am

I had a best of comp at one point a long time ago (gone now), but outside of a coupla songs, this is a band I never cared for. I don't get them.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?    Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?  Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 11:05 am

Great solos!
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?    Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?  Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 12:01 pm

I just bought Imaginos on vinyl. Cool album! "I Am the One You Warned Me Of" is a really great album opener!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?    Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?  Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 12:09 pm

chewie wrote:
I just bought Imaginos on vinyl. Cool album! "I Am the One You Warned Me Of" is a really great album opener!

I love that whole album! I just wish the production wasn't so crappy. The whole thing sounds murky to me.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?    Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?  Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 12:25 pm

tohostudios wrote:
chewie wrote:

I love that whole album! I just wish the production wasn't so crappy. The whole thing sounds murky to me.

That is one of my favorite Blue Oyster Cult albums, amazing since originally this album was intented as a Albert Bouchard's solo album
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?    Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?  Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 12:29 pm

I really enjoy BOC. My favorite record is Secret Treaties.

If you get a chance check out Racer X's cover of Godzilla.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40551

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?    Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?  Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 12:42 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I don't get them.

They are a quirky band to be sure. My fave of theirs is Fire Of Unknown Origin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?    Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anybody else like Blue Oyster Cult?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next