Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Sepultura - KAIROS

Go down 
+18
Chairman_Smith
Lurideath
bassman
thrashindeed
nevermore
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
rawr!
Wargod
Jesusandmetal23
Troublezone
MoonChild
Eyesore
mc666
stevegarveyfan
Stender
GrandNational
Gilbert
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

New Sepultura - KAIROS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 6:58 pm

I bought it and i've listened to it twice. Its probably the best Green-era album. I'm really digging it.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 7:17 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
I was listening to Dead Embryonic Cells on my way to work this morning.

I really miss those great Sepultura years Sad

Land of anger
I didn't ask to be born
Sadness, Sorrow
Everything is so alone
Laboratory sickness
Infects humanity
No hope, for a cure
Die by technology

We're born
With pain
No more
We're Dead
Embryonic Cells

headbanger

headbanger

One of the best Sepultura songs ever!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 11:44 pm

Metal Hammer gave the new Sepultura a solid 8/10.

Now i'm worried...
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 1:04 am

Gilbert wrote:

Now i'm worried...
why would you be worried? it's a very good album. a lot like Chaos A.D..

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 4:38 am

mc666 wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Now i'm worried...

I usually never agree with Metal Hammer's reviews.

But, now that you're saying that it's in the veins of Chaos A.D, then i am interested headbanger
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 10:11 am

I'd be interested to check this out. And I STILL don't understand why people hate ROOTS so much.

Actually, I do, most metal fans cannot handle change or progression of any sort, if the album isn't identical to the previous releases, then the band performed sacrilege.

The more extreme the band, the more extreme the reaction will be to any progress in sound.

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 11:41 pm

I don't usually mind a change of sound, provided that the band revisit its roots from time to time. For example, i wish Iron Maiden would include a track like be quick or be dead on their next release. That's all i personally ask for.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 12:28 pm

I just got Kairos. I must say I'm really liking it! Probably will like it even more after a few listens headbanger
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:11 pm

S.D. wrote:
And I STILL don't understand why people hate ROOTS so much.

Because of the Tribal elements , some people like it some people don't...simple as that, even though ROOTS showcased good songwriting

Had they followed the NAILBOMB (Industrial) route, I would've preferred it by a mile but then again others would hate it as well
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 7:36 pm

I absolutely LOVED the tribal stuff, I was excited to hear them branch out and incorporate some of the other Brazilian elements into their music.

I also liked the first Soulfly album for the same atmosphere of experimentation.

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 9:54 pm

I don't mind change. As long as I like the music. For instance, when Amorphis swithed from the death metal of Thousand Lakes to the progressive metal of Elegy, I really liked the sound change even though it was so much different from what got me into the band. Same thing when Sentenced switched from melodic death metal to goth metal. Roots however, just didn't do anything for me, had nothing to do with the sound change. However, it has been quite a long time since then so one of these days I'll give it another shot.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 10:49 pm

i wouldn't say that i hate Roots. it's just my least favorite album from both eras of the band combined. it still has some good tracks on it though.

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 1:26 am

mc666 wrote:
i wouldn't say that i hate Roots. it's just my least favorite album from both eras of the band combined. it still has some good tracks on it though.

It's not a "solid" record, about half of it works, but I really like the songs that do. There's some good material on Blood Rooted as well.

I was in college when Roots came out, it was quite popular with the other audio geeks I went to school with. I saw that tour and they put on a killer show.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 5:19 am

Never been a big fan of roots. Barely listen to it.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 7:34 am

S.D. wrote:
There's some good material on Blood Rooted as well.
that CF cover just crushes.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 8:15 am

mc666 wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Now i'm worried...

Was listening to the metal channel on by cable and they played the title track. Sounds like your correct with that statement. Might pick it up sometime.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 1:40 am

Can't stop listening to Kairos! I don't think I made a definitive list for 2011, but I think this would easily be near the top of my list.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 9:36 am

Can't stop listening to this album. Easily my favorite Sepultura album since Chaos AD.

Metal master
Metal master
adrian

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 11:35 am

ultmetal wrote:
Can't stop listening to this album. Easily my favorite Sepultura album since Chaos AD.
Glad I'm not the only one headbanger
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 9:20 am

Great album indeed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Sepultura - KAIROS   New Sepultura - KAIROS - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Sepultura - KAIROS
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2