Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Morbid Angel Song posted...

Go down 
+15
Fat Freddy
SpectreFate
holydiver97595
Temple of Blood
Nico
Troublezone
Alex Dee Rokket
Joe
manny
Gilbert
mc666
Lurideath
krokus
Wargod
SlaytanicPOWER
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

New Morbid Angel Song posted... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 1:52 pm

if you want to hear a good Morbid Angel album, pick up Hate Eternal's Phoenix Amongst the Ashes

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 2:05 pm

You think that sounds like MORBID ANGEL?

Trey always had a distinctive style, not to mention Pete's drumming.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 2:12 pm

mc666 wrote:
if you want to hear a good Morbid Angel album, pick up Hate Eternal's Phoenix Amongst the Ashes

Ever heard Angel Corpse's Exterminate? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 2:24 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
You think that sounds like MORBID ANGEL?
no, i was joking. i'm just glad Erik Rutan is still playing death metal.

and Angel Corpse were great. wish they were still around.

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 2:57 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Lots of references to a new drummer. What happened to Pete Sandoval? Did I miss a memo or somethin'?

Back surgery sidetracked him for a bit.

Or at least that is the story.

Remember Cozy Powell's injury that removed him from "Dehumanizer"? Just a convenient excuse.

Considering how controversial this new album is, I wonder if Pete had a problem with it.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 8:50 pm

So, um yeah, I picked this up today for my ride home from work. And....... blech

I kept looking at the cd case to make sure it said Morbid Angel on it. Unfortunately it did. The best songs are posted in this thread, and there are a couple of other decent tracks. The others are pure shite. This tops my dissappointments for 2011 so far.
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 6:55 am

New album review posted...

Personally, I hate all this R.I.P. Morbid Angel ox manur, it seems like a MASSIVE trend that whenever a band posts an off-album they are (in theory) going the route of Metallica and other bands (which is retarded to think that).

It's a massive hype, and people love to hate on a band for putting out music that doesn't suite their earsex.

Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 12:24 pm

Its the fans that buy the CDs, vinyls, etc... so if the fans have a problem, why should they not say anything? I have heard the new Morbid Angel a few times and I am in agreement that it sucks! One of the most horrible death metal albums to ever exist. Hell, can't even really call it death metal anymore. Morbid Angel hasn't released anything good in years. The 2 albums before this were of equal crap, but they were at least semi-tolerable for about 2 minutes. I am one of the guys who are slagging this and I was also one that wrote them off. I waited for a long time for this album hoping they would redeem themselves and I just got let down AGAIN. After being a fan since 1990, I can officially say "F**K Morbid Angel!"
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 2:06 pm

Lurideath wrote:
The 2 albums before this were of equal crap, but they were at least semi-tolerable for about 2 minutes. I am one of the guys who are slagging this and I was also one that wrote them off. I waited for a long time for this album hoping they would redeem themselves and I just got let down AGAIN. After being a fan since 1990, I can officially say "F**K Morbid Angel!"

Because many fans say a band sucks after an off-album, and then say "F**K (such-and-such)". I mean, listen to what you are saying... "F**K such and such?" Such-and-such (in this case, Morbid Angel) put out music because its their passion and they also enjoy having and pleasing their fans. Granted their popularity originated from THEIR music, and our patronage is what fueled the gears for their success. It's not like they set out to piss off everyone, Morbid Angel is doing THEIR OWN THING, TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT.

When you are saying "F**k band-x" , its almost like "Band-x" did something personal against you so now you have a bone to pick. I dare you to make a garage band that makes music that doesn't appeal to me, that way I can say "F**K Lurideath's band"

In summary: The F**k Morbid Angel thing is hype, it's perfectly understandable how that is coming about (a badly executed album), however the F**K Morbid Angel and RIP M.A. are purely hype and are outlets for people who do not posses an ability to construct articulate level headed arguments.

Gateways =/= Heretic or Illud, Gateway is arguably the "...Justice For All" or "Black Album" for Morbid Angel (minus the mainstream influence), i mean come on, listen to these tracks and see if your opinion holds the same... Production is light years better, the drumming is easily Pete's best, riffing is pure heavy (with the help of Erik Rutan).

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 2:30 pm

Bands never fully recover from fiascos like this.

Hypothetically they could, sure. But it's never happened and the smart money is on them being creatively done.

Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 5:21 pm

Well if mainstream is what they want, they are achieving that goal. Hot Topic stores are gonna be filled with new Morbid Angel stuff. If you still like them, good for you. I hold nothing against you for liking it, but its not for me in any way, shape or form.

I have been a fan for far too long to hold my breath for something good. I was already blue in the face waiting for this and it's a big pile of homoerotic garbage.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 7:19 pm

i'm more of a death metal fan than a Morbid Angel fan, so i'll just move on to greener pastures. if i feel the need to reminisce about how great they once were, i'll pop on Blessed are the Sick.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 7:38 pm

This album sucks. They are the death metal Metallica.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 9:11 pm

Sounds darn good to me! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 3:10 am

Just saw this, I know the Hitler bit has been done to death (no pun intended), but it's funny:

"Bodycount called, they want their lyrics back" New Morbid Angel Song posted... - Page 2 201269
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 11:51 am

a friend sent me these!

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 1:00 pm

I listened to a couple of new MA songs on YT over the weekend...sheesh...godawful garbage.

Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 1:26 pm

Sad part is,I actually like nearly ever track on the album...

Is something wrong with me?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Morbid Angel Song posted...   New Morbid Angel Song posted... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Morbid Angel Song posted...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2